Last hard: Life

Have a great day

ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Gold by Spandau Ballet.

Hope the run helped (((Poppy))).

What:          short and easy/hospital
    Why:           recovery/hoping they can do more for my back/shoulder
    Last hard:    still having pain two years after my accident
    Last rest:     13/6

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning. image

WP: Hope that the run cheers you up, all the best.
    LMH: Enjoy the short and easy today.

What: 9 miles.
    Why: Tuesday.
    Current Streak: Day 235
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

What: sea swim after work, maybe badminton later

why Swim-a-day continues

last hard: last extra loop yesterday evening

last rest: 30 July

lyrics: no

Hope you enjoy Llyn Vyrnwy Poppy

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya
    Welcome back AF to both the forum and to the Wharf. Which building are you in?
    what - steady run lunchtime, coaching the little people tonight
    why - my miles/covering holidays
    last rest - a week
    last hard - Sunday
    Double yesterday, 6 mile loop of the Wharf at  lunchtime, 3 mile easy run with the soon to be 5Kers in the evening

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hi AF image

What: sulking
    Why: now my calf is so painful I can't walk.  It started yesterday morning.  I'm now not convinced I have an achilles problem, but maybe a calf problem that was straining the achilles.  Have been trying to get a physio appointment for 2 days, every time I ring I get the answering machine, and I'm always in meetings when she phones back image
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: nope

Ale good German there.  Yesterday was the start of our 5th year here!  How time flies.  Sounds like you are having a lovely holiday.  
    WP hugs.
    OH well done on the swim streak image

Have a great day all.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Guten Morgen!

Emz: my German is poor these days! Over 40 years since my A level...and I wasn't very good then. and take with the calf. I wonder if it is a reaction to the stretches?

Very grey and drizzly in Luzern today, so having a museum day. Will run when they are shut.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Afternoon all,

Thanks for all the welcome backs! 

• What:  3ish
    • Why:  comeback
    • Last Hard:  2007
    • Last Rest:  Sunday

Have a good one

• Options

That doesn't sound good emzap. Hope you can coordinate with the physio soon.

Should I be worried by the fact that my MRI detected abnormal marrow oedema at the inferior and medial ends of the scapula? Can't find much about marrow oedema in the scapula online.

Consultant has listed me for one last round of platelet rich plasma therapy which is as good a result as I could have hoped for so it's just a question of waiting for a date now.

Consistent consistency Rocky!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Guten Abend from a rather wet Luzern. Got soaked between an art gallery and Richard Warner museum. Got changed then...

what: 5.15k, hard surfaces

Why: routine. Correction: I went to look for a track I ran on in 1974. Found It: was cinders, now rubber. 300 metre track, which you don't see too many of.

Consistent consistency indeed, Rocky, and at some point progressive consistent consistency.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

welcome back AF

Ale my german has gone to pot too... lived there for 7 years image and still miss it.

Im in a world of pain, all of my own making to find my mojo..... the Winchester & District AC (WADAC) magic mile....

6 heats and I stated that 6:15 would be good to me, so was in heat 4 6:00 - 6:15 group (Heat 1 was won in 4:34)

Anyway a good warm up and then toed the line... I havent raced a mile for a long time...

1st lap - Conservative start in 1:32 (fighting the wind on the back straight)

2nd lap - Lost focus on back straight and struggled to a 1:34 also got overtaken by 2 slower clubmates.

3rd lap - Manned up and started to race properly and posted a 1:29  and passed back said 2 club mates

4th lap - Ok lets go for it and was suprised as I hit for home at 350 to go and more suprised as maintained it all the way to the line for a blistering 1:23 final lap... wow where did that come from.

So 6:01 on the watch (hoping it will be rounded down) as had full officials so will be on Power of 10. Nowhere near my PB but so chuffed as over 14lbs over race weight too... achilles also didnt play up (yet).... happy days

Take care