Options

Tuesday August 16th 2016

Good morning

Lyrics:Shackled by a heavy burden
'Neath a load of guilt and shame

OH Congratulations on 32 years marriedimage Thanks for explaining the PB clubimage

What : 10 miles

Why: Because I can

Last hard: getting out of bed

Have a good day out there 

ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Golden by Lady Antebellum

Happy Anniversary OH. Lovely way to mark the occasion, that is a beautiful run and a great tea rooms. Are you tapering now?

Just a referral from the dentist for me Poppy. Hope you've had a good run.

Hope the weather held for the BBQ Alehouse, it was a lovely evening here. Do you have a race/goal in mind?

What:           easy miles
    Why:            not feeling 100%
    Last hard:     deciding what to do next, it looks as though Bath isn't an option now
    Last rest:      13/6

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Very tired and it's only Tuesday...
    what - supposed to be 2x(8x200s) but feeling tired and may slot in an easy 6 miler instead. Mate's birthday beers tonight.
    why - supposed to be mile racing in 3 weeks, 5:45 looking more likely than 5:30 at the moment.
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - QoP's elbow in my ITB yesterday
    lyric - nope

• Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning.

Congrats on 32 years of marriage, OH. image

WP: Have a nice 10 mile run today.  
    LMH: Enjoy the easy miles.  Next on the race list is the Hatter's (Stockport) half marathon, early September.
    Dustin: Enjoy the run, whichever you decide to do.  Have a good time at your mate's birthday as well.

Yesterday was 6 miles in the morning, 4 miles afternoon for day 241.

What: 9 miles.
    Why Schedule.
    Current Streak: Day 242.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

Pre-work swim D16 done, possibly kayak after work
    Why: swimaday
    Last hard:latter part of yesterday evenings 6.2 miles (with undulations)
    Last rest 30 July
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: 4.06k + something later

Why: collect car from barbecue (perfect weather) plus will run again this evening at club

LMH: no races planned, although I may pop down to London one last Friday of the month, or even more than once. What are your own race plans?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 90mins turbo (45km)

Why: Late home from work

Lyrics: Nope

Last hard: Lots of standing at work!

Last rest: Can't remember!

I know the turbo isn't amazing for race performance due to a controlled environment. But my power and cadence sensors are telling me I can hold 35-40km without too much hassle. Hoping when it gets sunnier, I can take it onto some proper rides. Still frosty here though, so house I shall stay- whilst watching the olympics!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

congrats mr and mrs OH

enjoy the double alehouse

ollie some streak and some mileage wow!!

dustin it must be tired Tuesday, I cannot stop yawning

lmh, take care hope you are 100% soon

wp, man oh man 10 miles you've done amazing!

WHat: no run

why: tired and off to see a sports physio about the tingling/pain /trapped nerve thingy in my left arm

Last hard: last night 3.5 mile lovely off road

Last rest: Sunday

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Hope the physio can sort you out Wabo.

The turbo is good for training Dibs but not so great for predicting your speed on the road.

I have no idea now Alehouse. As of yesterday (Mark changed his plans) Bath is no longer an option. I have a 10k on the Bank Holiday weekend and Abingdon but that's it at the moment.

Not long until September Ollie. Are you planning on racing that one, taper and all?

Great consistent running Poppy.

Enjoy the birthday drinks Dustin.

Another tired run from me, nearly cut it short but at five miles I seemed to wake up a bit and settle into a pace. Another lovely morning to be out, I wanted to run long but I guess it must be post ultra fatigue (though shouldn't that have been last week?) not that I need to be doing back to back long runs now.

• Options

To give a wee clue the singer of this song has an anniversary image

10.66 miles all done

Wabo: Hope Physio will sort out what is wrong.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon, 

Spent the morning at cricket: very pleasant. Will go back later for another couple of hours. 

I wondered if the lyrics were to do with that anniversary, WP, given the number of songs I have heard this morning! Still no idea of the song though! And well done on your miles.

Hope the physio sorts you out, Wabo. 

Will you taper for the 10k, LMH? Sorry to hear the 50/100k is off.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

I'm not sure Alehouse - I think I'll still be recovering from the ultra! Will probably load the early half of the week and have an easy Friday Saturday but that's what I tend to do anyway. I ran the last PB off the back of a 118 mile week though I'm not really expecting to PB at this one, too close to the ultra to be fast really, especially given how I'm feeling this week.

• Options

Afternoon all,

Happy Anniversary to Other Half and your Other Half

• What: 3 and a bit ish
    • Why:  consistency
    • Last Hard: 2007
    • Last Rest: Sat

Have a good one!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

What: 7.41k including a couple of harder parts.

Why: club session. Not a group I usually run with, and found the warm up hard, with 3k on the roads at around 5minutes per k pace. I rarely run that pace in training, never mind I'm the warm up. Then did just two of the six times 3 mins on grass; struggled, and way behind people I usually beat in races. They are obviously used to the sessions!
  • Options

Rest for legs today relatively with a 3 mile kayak, nice evening but a little more wind than forecast so 'grunt' out and 'sail' return 

on-call tomorrow so will watch the Wideford hill race; one year I will run it.