Options

Riding the length of Malaysia unsupported in 7 days

Hi Pirates, 

I've not been on here for a while and I know some of you take on challenges way bigger than what I'm attempting this Sunday but please check out the info taken from my fb page below and the related webpages. 

If you feel moved by it please give the page a like, follow my progress next week and maybe even donate to such a worthy cause. 

The length of Malaysia, just over a 1000km, one man, one bike with an important cause to highlight to others. 

4 months ago I broke my back, my L1 vertebrae in fact, clean in half and I did not know if I would be able to walk properly, let alone ride again. 

I'm lucky, very lucky, some people aren't so. 

Cancer sucks big time, we know know that and we also all know giving to cancer charities help, but it is easy to lose sight of where that money goes. This British family I taught here in Malaysia lost their Mum through a rare cancer last Summer. She was a lovely woman and it is such a terrible thing to happen to them. Please help her passing not be in vain and donate to help fund research into stopping this cancer taking another Mum from a family. 

To celebrate that I am a lucky one and that I can ride my bike still and to highlight this fundraising, this Sunday I am going to begin a journey of riding the length of Malaysia on my bike, yep my bike. That is going to be just over 1000km in 7 days - the Length Of Malaysia, a South East Asian self supported adventure. 

I'll be posting on fb the details of my progress and journey from this Sunday onwards until I finish the Saturday after. 

Please donate to on the fundraising page in the link below, it does not matter how small the amount is as every little will help this family raise their target to fund the research to save other Mums and it will keep me motivated when I head into the dark times on my route, where I am sure there will be a few. 

Everyone wants to save their Mum, make a difference please. 

Thanks Ed Hawkins (Iron Snorks) 

Comments