Options

Wireless Headphones

With the advent of the iPhone 7 and Apple's new found aversion to normal headphone jacks I am considering getting some new wireless headphones.

Does anyone have any recommendations of brands/types they are using that last well, have decent quality sound, stay in place and are comfortable?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Options

I have the Aftershock Bluez sound conducting headphones. I chose them so that I could run and still hear what was going on around me and respond to traffic etc. I am very happy with them and find they don't slip at all. The only thing I do find is that at my speed I can't use them for any longer than a 1/2 marathon (say 2-2.5 hours) as they irritate the bone (I guess) after that length of time. I use in ear ones for marathon/ trail events/ training.

• Options

I have the Plantronics BackBeat Fit headphones, which work great. They sit in the ear, but only loosely (they don't seal like most earphones) so you can still hear what's going on around you. Sound quality isn't amazing, but isn't terrible. Quality is superb though, I've had them for years, run in all weathers, and they still work great.

• Options

+1 for the Plantronics Backbeat.

Only ever use them in the gym, but they are great.  Sound is good, fit is brilliant, and they are very robust in design.

• Options
    +3 for the backbeat
  • Options

Thanks guys, have gone for the Plantronics Backbeat, a guy at work also recommended them to me.

• Options
    Hi all - appreciate that this post was from some time ago - but would you still recommend the Plantronics BackBeat Fit headphones?

Also, what is the difference between the standard and 'R' models - which are available from Argos as of now but differ in price by approx £10? I don't see any differing models on Plantronics own site, so it's deterring me from committing. Reviews on Amazon and Argos are quite erratic too.
    PB's:

10K: 00:46:18
    Half Marathon: 01:33:42
    Full Marathon: 03:37:21

I adore metal music. And running. Preferably at the same time.
  • Options
    Can' beat headphones