Options

Friday 20th Jan 2017

Morning

What: 20km run

Why: In the program

Lyrics: 'I just want you to know who I am'

Last Hard: Oh goodness today

Last Rest: 15/01

Cummulative fatigue today... the first 15km of my run was fine.. the last 5km was cramps, heavy leags, wheezing and feeling absolutely rubbish. It didn't help that the last part of my run is quite hilly and I have already hit 9 hours of training this week.

Does anyone have the cure to the heavy legs? I stopped so many times in the last 5km feeling like I was going to just fall down. I don't feel like my endurance for running has increased at all since I started running. I still don't think I could run anymore than 2 hours and for the majority I struggle to complete this without stopping at least a few times. Words of wisdom from my long runners??

P.S- the above does not change with my pace.. regardless of running 5min/km or 6min/km. That heavy leg feeling eventually comes and kills my run.

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Tired by Adele.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell again OH. Hope the antibiotics are doing their job. Good that you don't have to wait too long for your op.

Fuelling Dibs?

What:           short and easy
    Why:            why not
    Last hard:     it doesn't have o be hard
    Last rest:      last year

Lyrics - don't think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Hey LMH

I had a gel at around 40mins into the run (trying to take in something prior to needing it). It didn't seem to help. I forgot my inhaler (recently perscribed it for the wheeze). It is just frustrating.. If only I could feel the same way at 15km that I do at 10km.. weird.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya
    Good news about Mum, Wabs & Chick bring back some of that sunshine! 
    Dibs - What pace do you run the 15ks at? These are the endurance runs so should be at a very easy pace. The heavy legs could be a result of overloading on other training with insufficient recovery. What is your HM race pace? The endurance runs should be at least 1min/km slower than that. 

What - steady lunch maybe a double to boost mileage this evening (possibly not)
    Why - marathon
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - Tuesday
    Good runs yesterday, 2 mile (track) before U11s coaching, jogging/striding with the kids, then another 2 mile (track). Surprised to see the 2x2miles were both done at just over 7m/m pace and it felt so comfortable. Must be getting fitter!

Have a lovely weekend everyone

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning all

sun is shining Hendrix  on the radio and I came in early enough to avoid the mayhem on the m25! Happy days I'd say

Dustin have a good steady lunch run!

dibs, I know that feeling so well, hopefully it will pass in time.  Hoping I don't get that on Sunday

LMH short and easy sounds nice

what: short and easy

why: LMH inspired!

last hard: last night's hills

last rest: 31/12

So on Sunday I do the first 'race' to celebrate my 25 years of running.  Denbies 10, in Dorking a lovely hilly 10 miler which I will do gently!!

have a great weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Morning!

Wabo: suspect LMH's short and easy is both longer and faster than my long run! Enjoy Sunday! I will be shouting on your team tomorrow evening, of course!

Dibs: both LMH and Dustin offer good advice! Make sure you are well hydrated. Slow down! It may be necessary to re-build your long run: 80 minutes next time, 85 the week after, etc, with a cut back week every 4 to 5 weeks.

What: will see what the legs say

Why: they felt tired walking to the shops, but may come alive later. Work cancelled today so plenty of options. Ideally will get 50 minutes in off-road, but if things don't work out I'll do that tomorrow.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Afternoon! And a beautiful, if slightly chilly, one.

What: 50 minutes

Why: had to take the car to have a puncture repaired so then headed for Woodbank Park. Ollie territory, not that I caught a glimpse of him. Through the park on very muddy paths before turning onto an uneven bridleway, then picking up the last few miles of the Stockport 10, including struggling up the infamous New Zealand Road and a hill of just over a kilometre. A couple of k on the flat to finish. A bit of a struggle today: breathing poor, toughish course, tired. Only 8k covered, which reflects the previous sentence! Enjoyed it though!

Meant to say no to the lyrics earlier.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: just under 7km this morning.  It's beautiful round here.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16195218_10102118078485900_6792773435908834647_n.jpg?oh=8219c681ccfc4811a362577997a9aee6&oe=591EFA21

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15977978_10102118078755360_4155954264413768069_n.jpg?oh=ab0a03a4edcec25d7f4bf32e6132b28d&oe=590F1964

Followed by unpacking, setting up internet, first visitors (who thankfully brought lunch with them!) and now waiting for the delivery with intermittent unpacking.

Last hard: today has been great but hard work!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a fantastic day all.  

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

does look lovely emzap

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Afternoon. Dibs, the heavier training always makes you feel heavier and slower. For a month or so it can seem counter-intuitive. The others have made solid suggestions too. I'm not a  trainer or fizz, but I do listen to people with credentials.

Lyrics, no.

A bit of a full on week for me, and that has been a shock to the system. I have just managed to do 6 miles at 8:17 pace. For me that's quite steady. I noted that I haven't run for a while, and "easy" wasn't quite as easy! So I eased off. Anyway, errand done. "Nipped to train station".

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Dibs agree with both Blisters and Dustin, nothing more to add (sounds like most Januarys for me when I up the anti)

Looks lovely Emzap, we are in the waiting game at present before moving... hopefully all will be sorted in the next few weeks

5.5m for me with 3 x 100m strides at the end.

Long run planned for tomorrow to inc parkrun

Take care

• Options

It looks as though you've found the best of Brum emzap.

Enjoying it is the important part Alehouse.

Any reason for the lack of running Blisters?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.