Saturday 21st Jan 2017

Morning

What: 90km bike + 20 min brick run

Why: Races coming up

Lyrics yesterday: 'Iris' - Goo Goo Dolls

Today's Lyrics: 'Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash'

Last Hard: Yesterday

Last Rest: 15/01

Good suggestions guys thanks. I actually still have no idea what my races times would be as I haven't done any running races! I know I can run a HM in 1 hour 50, but that was in training. 5k times I would like to think I could average below 5 min/kms. I ran my run yesterday between 5:20 and 5:30 min/km... so still need to slow down (I do know this is what I get told all the time!). The slower I run the more it hurts my hips.

Today's brick is a classic example of why I am confused. The run was 20 mins and hurt like hell (sore legs from yesterday and post ride). I ran on a flatish route and whilst it hurt, I was fine to grit down and get it done. On a long run however my breathing goes (even if it feels like a slow pace) and my body/mind just give up.

Emz- Whereever you are looks amazing!!

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Maybe that's your answer then Dibs - you need to work on the mental side? The right attitude/outlook makes a big difference especially with the longer stuff.

Cold here again today and tomorrow is forecast to be the same. Just hope it's not slippery.

What:           more short and easy
    Why:            tired and niggly knees (going up and down a step ladder doesn't help)
    Last hard:     not knowing if my knee is going to hold up
    Last rest:      last year

Lyrics - not a scooby.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Well the well renound green logoed homeware company has gone rather down in my estimations having waited 7 hours for a delivery yesterday only to be told they were too far behind schedule and wouldn't be delivering.  That means no washing machine, fridge or freezer for at least another 2 days...I am mightily peed off.

What: cycle into town (with flat tyre, hopefully back with pumped up one) then off to London to visit friends.
    Why: cycling is quicker than walking!
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: nope but yesterday's is one my of favourite songs, how did I not get it!

LMH secret is that we are about 10 miles outside of Brum image

Have a great day all.

• Options

Morning!

Looks pleasant wherever it is, Emz! Enjoy London!

What: 20 minutes easy

Why: legs deserve an easy day. Wednesday and Friday were hard, they tell me.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

11.84m this morning inc a 23:31 parkrun to finish off, so all going in the right direction.

Just settling down in front of the box for the football (Jnr is up there)

Take care all

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon
    Emz - enjoy the big city
    what - am 10m easy, pm 6.4m walk including pub stop
    why - lovely day out
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - possibly

• Options

Lyrics? No idea. Probably no idea even when I'm told. That's the way it is with me.

Emzap: Your experience ranks like it's verging on torture. A day of your time totally wasted, with a the promise if a repeat. As to the flat tyre, you disappoint me. Fix it yourself. Against the clock. On the positive side, being 10 miles outside Brummig'em is a good place to be.

LMH- I've actually been doing real, paid w#rk this week, having to coordinate transport logistics to a different location each day. Having been off for ages, I've also had to do a lot of homework so that I appear confident and knowledgeable. The taxi/train/taxi logistics add extra time to each day.

Today. Run for the sake of fun. 11 miles, and it had just defrosted. Just inside 1h30m, so that was 8:07m/m pace. Bright and sunny and fresh. Really enjoyable.

• Options

That dos sound like a nice day out Dustin.

Eleven miles is good going Blisters! I remember the days of being reliant on taxi's and lifts in order to be able to work - not nice when you're used to being self reliant.

What  a pain emzap - I hope you have some recourse for compensation for your wasted time? Enjoy the big smoke.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

6 miles for me today although -4 no ice under foot which is a first boy it was cold but good to be out runningimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression