Options

Help & Advice Asics v Adidas

Morning Everyone, hope you’re all well.

Bit of advice needed if possible.

I feel like a traitor for even typing this but I’m thinking of moving away from Asics and going to Adidas….SHOCK!

I’ve tried these on in the shop and run in them on the treadmill, beautiful… http://www.decathlon.co.uk/gel-nimbus-19-id_8379726.html

Then…few people at Running club have been trying to talk me in to buying these https://www.runnersneed.com/p/adidas-men-s-ultra-boost-L1113052.3633.html

Again, I’ve tried these on and they fit perfectly, it’s like wearing slippers!

I’ve had my gait updated and I’m surprisingly a neutral runner these days.

Has anybody got either of the above?

Can you make a case for either?!

Comments

• Options

whatever's cheaper, if they both feel good to you they'll both be fine.

• Options

Nimbus is one of the shoes I run in. Very comfy.  Never tried the Adidas you link to.

• Options

The Boost material IS really good - believe the hype. I was sceptical beforehand too. However some have said the Ultra Boost are a bit too spongy.

My faves the Glide Boost have now become the 'Supernova' - and they look heavier than the Glides.

• Options

I run in Ultra Boosts and they have made a massive difference for me.  The staff in the running shop said though that they are not good for everyone.  I personally find them really comfortable and they have helped me get over a troublesome injury that occurred when I was pregnant.  I think you just have to go with your gut and what feels right for you.

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I'm also a big fan of the Boost material, and the Glide Boost (and the Boston Boost and the Adios Boost...) but didn't get on with the UltraBoost.  Too unstable.  On the other hand I know someone who switched to them and felt they improved his PF problems because of the extra cushioning.

So maybe give them a go, but if you're used to Asics and the Gel Nimbus feel good, is there any need to change things?

• Options

Great advice so far from everyone, thank you.

Seems we have a lot of people using Adidas these days. Maybe I'm not with the times anymore lol.

Like Phil has said, I've always used Asics and I've never had any issue's/injury BUT in a way I fancy change and I've found these Boosts at a very good price which is almost too good to miss surely if the retail price is £130?

I didn't think it was this hard last year when I was purchasing new shoes...maybe because the market is so wide now?

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Well I'd personally never consider spending anywhere near £130 for a pair of shoes in the first place, but that's beside the point!  image  £80 is still a lot for something you've never tried before... Also consider that in my experience, something like the Glide Boost would probably be closer in nature to the Asics than the UltraBoost, and you can usually pick up a pair (depending on your size, availability, etc.) for £40-50 or even less.  Have you considered trying them?  For me they hit the sweet spot between cushioning and responsiveness for everyday training.

• Options

My experience of Adidas boost was negative, I was or am heavy on my shoes and my first pair barely lasted 200km, switched um for Brooks PureFlow and done 300km so far. They still look perfect and just ordered another pair for £60.