Options

Thursday 6th July 2017-Well I'm am running down the road, trying to loosen my load

Morning

Lyrics are: Well I'm am running down the road, trying to loosen my load

SC: How is the foot/ankle?
Alehouse: How is your injury this morning?

What: 7 mile run
why: All my leg will allow so I will take it:-)
Last hard:Sleeping in the heat!
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Not too hot here overnight but forecast to get up to 28C today - a one day heatwave.

Do you have a big garden Alehouse or just make good use of what you have?

Hope you've had a good run Poppy.

What:            probably a MLR
    Why:             I think a LSR may be pushing it a bit too much
    Last hard:     finding places to run/things to do in Pwllheli
    Last rest:      29/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Fairly average sized garden, LMH, but always plenty to do! When do you go to North Wales?

Leg is reasonable when walking on th flat, WP...but not when going up or down. No chance of running even one step! Likely to be a long job! Going to take it easy until I have some advice.

What: the first of my A races tonight...where I will be standing on a corner wearing a yellow bib.

Why: first of the club's 5k series.

Wabo: Assembly league?

Supposed to be hot and thunderstorms here. Hope they are either before or after this evening's race.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Sadly leg did not want to run 7 miles so 5 it was to be better than nothing:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: I'd like to do a long run
    Why: marathon training...
    Last hard: getting my body to play ball
    Lyrics: nope

Ale marshalling is a very needed post (I'm trying to see the positives in you not running...but seriously, good on you for getting out and helping)
    WP shame your leg gave up, but sensible to stop
    LMH enjoy your MLR
    RFJ hope the train problems weren't too bad last night

Circuits were tough but I did go.  50 sec on 10 sec rest plus 50 sec on the same exercise.  There were 18 stations in all, and for all except running, skipping and step ups the second 50 sec was almost impossible!  

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all lyrics yes...
    Emzap hope the body sees sense and plays ball!
    wp, 5 is good you are doing so well!
    alehouse oh yes assembly league, I need to get a category medal.... hope the marshalling is ok, I feel your pain, but its a good thing to do
    LMH go with the MLR hope it goes well

I am shattered today, giselle had another seizure late last night, thankfully she came out of it without all the resus business but needless to say a late night was had...

what: 5k at the O2 followed by Jacksons at Greenwich
    Why: well it kind of makes sense lol
    last hard: last night
    last r est: 31/12
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Captain's log, Starship Achilles, ankle date 5. The pain seems to Klingon but the waves are subsiding. Scotty says it's just an engineering problem and I should have done first parade properly on the footwear last weekend. McCoy says keep it moving and use the ibrupofen as no evidence of serious damage. Will see Uhuru tonight for comfort.
    What: Gentle stroll
    Why: Harbouring ambitions to stagger a parkrun, slowly, on Saturday
    Last Hard: Realising I may have to stop at 97 parkruns max before op and may not get 100 t-shirt by Christmas
    Last Rest: WiP
    Lyrics: yes and quite appropriate too WP
    Ale, hope your recovery at least on par with mine of not better. I like marshalling at parkrun when off running as it keeps me involved.
    All those who are struggling with injury, ailment or motivation, remember where we've been, why we went there and the benefits of getting there again...oh and it is fun...really!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    SC great post, not laughing at your pain just lolling at the starship parts!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Wabo I did MLR - glad that Giselle wasn't as poorly as she might have been last night. Enjoy Assembly League.

SC - couldn't you walk the parkruns? Hope recovery continues apace and sense of humour remains intact.

We go on Saturday Alehouse. Well done for going to marshal instead of sulking at home (not that I thought you'd do the latter for a minute). Have you seen anything of Ollie lately?

Which marathon emzap? Sorry if you've said and I've forgotten.

Miles in the bank Poppy. Not worth risking it going 'pop'. I could have gone further this morning but decided not to push my luck.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    That's the joy of parkrun LMH, run, jog, walk accessible to all. Job title of tailrunner changed last week to sound more accessible is now tailwalker. :-)

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Lovely 4 mile run this morning, early doors.  32:40 or so - already feeling so much better after just a week of training.
    Lyrics - I think so but not 100% certain.

Well done to those who held back today - sometimes its what you gotta do! 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Yes to lyrics - been there on our Route 66 trip in 2014. Fond memories :)

SC: Love your post :+1: You'll get the 100 t-shirt with a (good as) new heart in the New Year :)

em: when is your marathon?

Nice one, Don. Wish I had your pace after almost a year off ...

ale: sorry to hear it's still not any better. I won't be running before the appointment. I was under explicit orders for the first two weeks to do absolutely nothing and felt great. Then I was told I could do no-impact stuff and I'm still great. If she tells me now I can run, I will but not before I've got the green light o:)

LMH: Hope you survive the windowless room

What: an hour in the gym
    Why: sanity
    Last hard: work - I spent 12 hours glued to my desk
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: of course!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about Giselle, Wabo! And go well tonight!

LMH: never thought about sitting at home sulking! Must try that when I'm older! And no, not seen or heard from OL lately, although he did threaten to run at least one of the Sizzlers.

Didn't understand a word of your post, SC! Take it easy!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Clearly no memories of Spock, Kirk and Star trek Ale! It's life Ale, but not as we know it :-)

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Well I did it :)  Just under 21km.  Off road, up and down hill on the way out.  Got so knackered that I stopped at the Co-op for crisps and a chocolate bar.  Then back along country roads and yet more ups and downs.  There were points that I didn't think I'd make it, but I did.  Got told by a few people that I was mad to run in the heat...looking back, perhaps I was!

2:20 in total, very slow, but given the rough terrain, hills and jumping into bushes to avoid cars I think it was about a min/mile slower than race pace :)

LMH it's Birmingham marathon in October.

Chick you are so good.

Wabo hope Giselle is ok today.

Have a good evening all
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you chicksta.

Well done emzap - what time did you get out for your run? I looked at Birmingham - first time it's been run isn't it but an experienced event organiser so hopefully it will all go well. Nice of them to start having a marathon now you've moved there:-)

Hope you managed to enjoy the marshalling Alehouse.

I was a Star Trek fan SC - still go to see the feature films when they come out.
  • Options
    Short swim in new location this morning, more gardening then 9 miles this evening, 5.5 of which in company.
    legs feeling OK now.
    lyrics sound familiar but no

Glad Giselle is OK wabo
    Hope you get going again soon AH and SC
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

good to hear giselle is ok Wabo

Emzap - nice running

Don, good pace

Healing thoughts to AH and SC

1 hour for me a tad over 7m