Tuesday 2nd January 2018 When I get older losing my hair

Morning! Just

Lyrics: When I get older losing my hair

Many years from now

Hopefully I am not losing my hair!
Nor is it many years from now!

What:  run and walk

Why: can’t be too careful with the old body

Highlight of the day will hopefully not be the osteopath at lunchtime!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - New Life by Depeche Mode.

Is it your birthday Alehouse?

Peak flow down again so will try to get an appointment at the doctors. At least I won't have to worry about whether I should run in the wind tomorrow or not!

What:         nothing
    Why:           too ill
    Last hard:   getting better
    Last rest:    21/12

Lyrics - yes. 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    LmH - I feel you frustration with the lingering lurgy. A few days rest now won't be of significance furtehr down the line.
    Ale - I'm glad that I have more hair than my younger brother, although it is getting greyer (dignified, as I like to call it!)

What - club session, 4 mile Lactate paced run
    Why - Schedule, week 3
    last rest - 15/12?
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - nope

Anyone watch the darts yesterday? Super classy final, the future is in safe hands after Taylor's retirement. 

• Options
    I'm in the salt and pepper brigade too guys although happily have more than older sibs at same age.
    LMH> Hope you recover in reasonable time and it goes okay at the docs.
    What>Long stroll
    Why> Fed up with cross trainer and bike and not ready for a proper run yet
    Last Hard> Accepting reality of start to the year whilst maintaining motivation
    Last rest> Last Thusday
    Lyrics> Oh yes
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I made it back from France in one piece and am straight back on it now.

Big goals need a plan, I have a plan

What: Run 5 miles AM d&d Bike PM
    Why: I have a plan
    Last rest: 22nd December 2017
    Last hard: I had a little tap yesterday to test myself
    Lyrics: I bloody well do you know

New Year and FAT me but things change, I have given up fizzy pop and resolved to just eat a little better. Mainly I want to race well just like last year but with AGE the engine is not tuning like it used to so weight loss should help :)

I am still around but not many threads are that interesting, maybe it is me !!

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: a short run later
    Why: all I have time for
    Last hard: dealing with these shoddy removal men.  We did phone the police and they said they can't do anything as there's no evidence.  However, they suggested we contact the consumer complaints guys.  Tbh, it wasn't just the rings that went missing, a chair is gone, a peg from the bookcase and an earring (all lost presumably).  They left things in the other house too and they packed the boxes with no care so books were damaged, dirty shoes packed on top of clothing etc.
    Lyrics: yes

LMH this is going on a long time...
    Gobi stick around!
    (((SC)))

Have a lovely day all.  I'm alone in the office...feels a bit weird!
  • Options
    Afternoon!

The threads may not be that interesting, Gobi, but I for one am always interested in what you are up to! What running aims for 2018? 

Emz: thought your were working from home?

Chins up SC and LMH!

Not a darts fan these days, Dustin, but was in the days of John Lowe in particular, probably because he used to play in a pub I used to frequent. Can't imagine the present players playing in pubs, just like I can't imagine young professional footballers living in digs like they used to! Showing my age there!

Osteopath was painful as always. Including the bill.

Always weigh myself on this day each year: 10:9 was not good news and exactly a stone heavier than before the injury last June. No wonder running is hard work.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I am working from home but there's no one in the office so once I've dealt with all my emails, no one will reply for a few days!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Running goals is a tricky one every year.

With not being allowed to do great amounts of volume and needing a degree of caution when I do speedwork it usually comes down to this.

Keeping my WAVA over 80% in 5kms and 10kms

I also run halfs but only really as a pacer, I have been keeping myself in around 80 min shape off very few miles.

I expect both of the above to continue but and it is BUT a small idea is forming

I quite fancy doing some 800/1500 VETS track

(issue is that it is turning left which may put too much pressure on my crap ankle)

Watch this space :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Gobi: will certainly watch this space!

I understand, Emz
  • Options
    We all break as we get older...  But listening  to the body and lots of xt (yoga, flexibility exercises and strength work in my case)  got me back on the road. Fingers crossed.

I'd love some decent WAVA results but speed might be an issue!  I was never fast to begin with and almost two years of  very little to no running haven't helped...

That's such a shame, em.  Those movers must be the proverbial rotten apple. When we moved back home nothing was lost or damaged which was a real surprise. Even the plants survived!

Ale: with you regarding osteo bills. But these guys are usually worth it.

LMH: Hope you're  OK.

SC: You're certainly having a rough time at the mo. Hope things brighten up a bit for you.

What: Longest run since April 2016 - 14 miles
    Why: comeback
    Last hard: that'll be work tomorrow
    last rest: 17/12
    lyrics: yes
  • Options
    Nice running chicksta!

Happy Birthday Alehouse.

I'm running out of things to give up weight management/health wise - apart from cake but there has to be some joy in life. Hope the lack of fizzy pop helps Gobi.

I have just enjoyed a few days of no emails emzap but my lot are back today so it's started again. Enjoy it whilst you can.

I've managed some walking today too but that's it SC. Better than sitting in though - especially when you have good scenery and nice weather to enjoy (is it tomorrow you come home?).

I have a second course of steroids and the doctor recommended a course of antibiotics 'in case' though neither of us actually thinks there's a bacterial infection. I don't like to take them if I don't think they are needed but I want to get better and haven't had any for ages so will do as suggested.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Happy Birthday Alehouse

LMH: I hope you are back running soon  and the steroids work.
    Chick : Lovely running great mileage
    SC: Hope you can run soon but walking is great exercise.

What: 8.5 miles
    Why: Summer and all that jazz
    last hard:The rain
    lyrics: yes

Weight is a constant battle I am around 2 stone heavier than I should be but it is so hard I shall just keep trying.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday alehouse, many happy returns.  Yes, still doing Stirling on 29th April and then an ultra in October.
    Lmh, definitely hoping to stay around, the thread is motivational at times.

7 miles today,  nice run that had my original route changed due to ice.  

Since I was last on, have lost 2 stones and am now fit again.  However, I now want to lose more weight and get fast again.  Might have to go for some twice a day training at some point but not sure I can fit it in.  Would love to go sub 3 in Stirling.  

Lyrics, yes indeed and no doubt very carefully chosen! ?
  • Options
    Evening!

Weather been pretty foul here from around 9am. 

As most of you know the lyrics you will have worked out how old I am! Out for a meal later to cry into my beer. Or wine.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Don't do that ale, you'll dilute it!

Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Oops, didn't read properly and nearly missed your birthday,  ale.

Many happy returns :relaxed:
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Alehouse

What:1 mile
    Why: Getting fit
    Last hard: that
    Lyrics: yes

Well done Don on weight loss hoping I can say that in a few months.
    Work tonight 
  • Options
    I have managed to keep a few hairs long enough for them to go grey. With my genetics this was always expected. I was more concerned when my beard decided to go grey!

Another 4 miles today
    getting a start before 2 full days work ahead
    lyrics of course and happy birthday AH (along with one of my daughters and another daughter's BF)

Loch Katrine Mara (March), Glen Lyon 50k (May) and Cape Wrath Challenge (May) entered for 2018 so far. 

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Alehouse, enjoy the meal and ale

balding and what hair I do have is salt and pepper

Emzap - horrible and shoddy (are they part of BAR if so report them as they will loose their rating)

No adverse effects from the fall yesterday, hand still sore and very weepy, but ok. backed that up with a nice steady 10k

Take care all