Options

Monday 16th April 2018 - You're always welcome

Morning.

Lyrics - You're always welcome
             To stop on by

chicksta - I tried Imodium this time:-( I'm not surprised that the travelling is wearing you out. Are your parents due to stay there for much longer?

Sounds as though you're seeing progress already Gobi.

That was quite a long run for a week out Dustin - easing up now? How did your club mates do yesterday? Did they enjoy the race?

That sounds like good news all round then SC:-)

What:          will see how I feel after walking Grace, short and easy or a swim I expect
Why:           I've got to keep on moving - and will be sat at work this afternoon
Last hard:   moving my legs as fast as I'd have liked yesterday
Last rest:    13/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Praise You by Fatboy Slim.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Well done LMH on  a cracking race ! enjoy the easy run today:-)

Gobi: Well done on walking and  hope you see the three months fly by.

What: Run
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: dragging old bones out of bed
    Lyrics:I believe so
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Day 9 - there is no flying, today I drove my car. I have parked it again :)

I am off the codine now but damn I hurt today

Morning
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    LmH - plan said 13 for 1 week back. Had arranged a run for the village group so plenty of different paces. For me there was some stop start and looping back, so averaged a relaxed 9:15 pace.
    Three from my club ran Boston, one guy ran his fastest time for 15-20 years (3.24), our V55 lady ran a pb of 4.07 and another V50 lady ran her second marathon in an improved time. 
    Will catch up with them tomorrow.
    for me - easy / rest + QoP tonight
    Why - last week/iron out the creases
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - possibly
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Take it easy, Dustin! And Benjy! (I know LMH and Gobi will!)

What: fitness suite and some walking

Why: taking it easy until I get the all-clear to run

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Ale - believe me, volumes will be much reduced this week!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to hear, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Dustin, good luck with QoP. Enjoy suite/walking Ale. Rest well LMH/Gobi
    What: A few miles easy
    Why: Hills yesterday are smiling through my legs today!
    Last Hard: TKD Sat
    Last Rest: Last Thursday
    Lyrics: Nope
    Advice please guys. Effectively outside of parkrun I am not racing but running anything over that as a training run, including 10k's and halves. Should I taper or crack on before the next half in Madrid? Bit of a conundrum when I am "not allowed" to race. Effectively the longer runs are being used to build base mileage and reduce HR  over time and it has bee working so I will get slightly faster but it's a slow process so this is new territory and I don't know who to talk to.
  • Options
    SC - as you know I do no speed work at all outside of races (and have raced once this year before yesterday) and I'm still planning on getting faster so my advice would be as many easy miles as you can manage and just use parkrun as your blast if you feel you need it/want to. How long until your half? What would you like to achieve there? Do you feel that you are carrying fatigue that is impacting your performance?

Alehouse - my legs are in much better condition than they should be which supports my 'couldn't get out of third gear' feeling about yesterday. I took my new NB trainers out for a run and was rewarded with an enjoyable progressive six miles. I hope it won't be much longer until you can get back to running.

Hope the QoP doesn't inflict too much pain upon you Dustin.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey, LMH. I've never been able to run the day after a marathon ...  I hope you have reflected a bit on yesterday's performance and given yourself that huge pat on the back that you deserve. Had you run at VLM with crowd support and more runners to latch on to I bet you'd have smashed out a PB. Having said that if you deducted the pit stop it's probably a PB anyway ;)
    Too bad the Imodium didn't work or rather worked the opposite way ...
    Luckily mum and dad are coming home on Wednesday, just in time before we leave for Vienna on Friday.

SC: What LMH said. If you feel you need a little break, reduce mileage. If you feel good doing what you do, carry on. That's my motto these days.

What: 11 miles
    Why: I was lazy at the weekend
    Last hard: all the driving
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: no, but kicking myself about yesterday's which of course I knew. D'oh.
  • Options
    Glad to hear that your parents will soon be home chicksta. I usually run the day after a marathon though it's often shorter than this morning's and slower. I had to pit stop when I set my PB at Robin Hood too - that was the first time it had happened in a race:-( Nice miles for a Monday.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

SC: what LMH says. I would have written pretty much the same.

Good news, Chick!

All a bit strange, LMH! You really shouldn't be feeling that comfortable this morning! 

Worked quite hard on the exercise bike plus single leg press work for the Achilles. Hope to walk a few miles later.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Half is Sunday. No parkruns in Madrid. I just want to get round with no episodes and I can't train for that. I got to low 1.40's last year before the two ops. I was sub 1.50 before last op. I'm managing sub 50 10k's in training and races so realistically a bit of fun and sub 1.50 but that's more or less training pace!
    I blame your stomach LMH as progressive 6 post mara means you had juice in the tank. Big well done and onwards to next one. If I'm playing up in the stomach dept I double immodium, night before and morning of. Worked for me :-)

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: 7km rather fun but treacherous in places trail run along a mallorcan coastal path.  
    Why: making the most of my mini break
    Last hard: not looking down in parts and the sore calf I woke up with.
    Lyrics: nope

Just about able to sit in the sun now, though got soaked on my run. It's windy though a it's a jumper on- jumper off every few minutes type of day!

Lmh you did very well yesterday, especially given how much that virus knocked you about. To run well today as well is just amazing!

Ale how's the back today?

Had a short nap and calf is much better so may check out the gym later (or pool but I don't think I'm brave enough today!)

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    LMH, well done you and P.  As always I am full of admiration for you. 
    Donaldo hope the move went well
    WP, hope hubby is ok, ouch! 
    emzap your run today sounds good!
    alehouse, good work going on, hope you have a nice walk!
    I've run after the marathon, but usually only a mile, wow!
    Dustin, enjoy QoP??/
    Gobi ouch I bet you hurt

what: hopefully 3 miles later
    why: painted two doors and bought a season ticket t his morning so no time :wink:
    Last hard: yesterday 3 miles off road with my non running OH who leaves me standing
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo my oh does the same. Maddening isn't it?!
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    All good yesterday thanks Wabo.

7.2 miles early this afternoon, quicker than usual at 51 minutes.  I really need to slow things down over the next two weeks, I am my own worst enemy at tapering.  Felt great today and its quite warm, which was nice ?.  

Lyrics, nope. 

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    4.5m done and dusted sedately and safely
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Totally Emzap.  Know what though, I could beat him over 10k I bet!!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Afternoon!

Back off, Don

SC: I would be looking at running quite a bit slower in training! I suspect LMH might be in the same camp! Until last June none of my training was faster than 5 minutes per k. Usually 5:30 to 5:45, off road except for one short faster session a week. Plus often a parkrun at a slightly faster but never full out session. Will be looking for slow miles in the legs if and when I ever start running again. And it will be a slow process, which is what I think you need. I would just run Madrid very much to feel and gradually pick people off as and when you feel like it. Rock and roll with it!

Hope you get some sun, Emz! Grey with the odd bit of drizzle here. Back feels fine during the day, but yet again was pretty grim during the night. Getting there! 
  • Options
    VLM have changed the GFA so P's time no longer qualifies him - and a GFA time no longer guarantees a place. I am gutted for him.

Donaldo - I find that my runs naturally get faster through the taper, as long as the effort is the same (i.e. easy) I just go with the flow and enjoy the feeling. It shows me that the taper is working.

Most annoying Wabo - you'll have to enter him in a 10k:-)

SC - keep it easy and enjoy. Does taking the Imodium the night before not mean that you don't get to do the usual ablutions pre-race in the morning? I wouldn't like to be running full................

It's actually been quite nice here today emzap though breezy.

I must admit I was very surprised by this morning's run. I definitely knew I'd raced yesterday but things eased off very quickly, only lingering leg niggle seems to be my left ankle - which wasn't a problem until after I ran this morning, no idea what's going on there. Shoulder is the worse thing.
  • Options
    Didn't post this morning had to belt out the door for work.

Well done LMH! That was excellent! Truly Excellent. Really impressive.
    Chicksta that is good news
    Sorry Ale, did a really steady slow 13.1 yesterday because it felt good and pleasent in the warmth of the mid-morning, bumped in to somebody else I know doing VLM so joined them for 5 or 6 miles ran at a good old natter pace.

What: Really nice weather, a gentle 6, pop down to the sea and back.
    Why: It's Monday, Pavlov's dog
    Last hard: Figuring out what kit bag and luggage involves for VLM
    Lyrics: I really don't think so

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    I was just about to say that LmH - VLM have moved the goalposts - mainly for the men so it seems, and yes they have capped numbers. 
    Looks like I'll have to run sub 3h15 whether I like it or not now, and hope they put me in next year (25 years after my first London)

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

OL: all being well will be at Burnage on Saturday! Wonder what OH will be doing...

And definitely time to well and truly ease back, Benjy!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    How very annoying. Poor P.  I think they've done it before. I seem to remember an outcry a few years ago when various people had busted a gut to get their GFA time just to find out a day later it was in vain.

I wouldn't want to take imodium the night before either ... I do take two of them pre race with no issues. Everything is back to normal the next day :)
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    I'm having similar problems to you at the moment LMH.  Every run for the last week, except today,has required me to nip behind a tree or over a wall.  I seem to go through phases then it eases again.  I find myself having to plan a 2 mile warm up before club sessions etc.  It appears to be common but I wouldn't take anything, rather just 'shake it out' on a slow warm up!

Did another 2.8 miles with Mrs Shaw tonight as her bodypump class was cancelled. No toilet stops, thankfully, I dont think she'd ever forgive me!! 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    very busy here today,

healing vibes to those benching

run to club and a steady / slow run at club inc run home, a shade under 8m

Work continues to drain time and energy

Take care