Options

Wednesday 23rd May 2018 - Looking out my window

Morning.

Lyrics - Looking out my window

Grey and chilly this morning - I'd like summer back please!

What:            short and easy/gym
Why:             work/needs doing
Last hard:     sleeping wasn't easy again
Last rest:      4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were "I Walk the Line", Johnny Cash

What: short run/walk

Why: being careful, and will break the day up a little as will be facing a computer marking scripts for most of the day.

Looks like it will be another fine day here.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Was out at a black tie event last night so missed the club training, but did 16 x 1 minute fast, 1minute jog earlier in the day with a warm up and down.  
    Off to Ed. castle tonight for another posh night out, will hopefully train at lunchtime. 

How do you find online marking alehouse?  Lot of my colleagues are not fans.

Lyrics, nope!  
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    SC: Rock n Roll sounds fantastic, somebody was talking about it yesterday here. Penny lane etc and a themed run. I really fancy adding that one to the list, well done on completing that in good time to boot.

Chicksta: Hope knees are feeling better and let you get out for longer. You’ve nicked our weather, can we have it back please?

Welsh: Good miles there, it is going to be quite a total come the end of this month

DD: Hope the ploughing went well!

Dustin: That is some serious track work, very impressed and a go in the jump pit! We used to have one at school, that must have been almost 30 years ago now (blimey is is as well thinking) haven’t seen one since.

Wabo: Your streak miles are getting higher? Don’t burn out… don’t gamble the streak… (I know you won’t really)

OH: Serious symptoms there, no pill will cure it, some may alleviate slightly, I think you cure you are thinking is the right way to go. Good luck on the ‘treatment’.

RFJ: On leave now? Enjoy if it starts today, hope prepped well for weekend

Ale: Keeping active I see, great stuff, champion spirit.

LMH: Keeping the symbiotic relationship with the legs and mind in check, good to see, I ignored the messages from legs Monday and went running in agony. Stubborn I was, suffered I did.

Don: Very James Bond, you need an emergency supply of Ferrero Rocher to hand

Sorry didn’t post yesterday, mega-busy with work, then daughter to swimming, then the youngest daughter school play (got dust in my eye so they started watering), then Taekwondo for me evening, was a 5:30AM up and start day, didn’t stop until 9:30PM. Had really bad DOMS yesterday, squeezed in a gym session at lunchtime but had no energy, so it was a bit rubbish, should have rested really.

What: Fancy a 10 on railway track cliffs, late morning (will probably be 8 though)

Why: Just to get out, celebrate good riddance to DOMS

Last Hard: Taekwondo yesterday, legs hurt non-stop

Lyrics: I know a song with that line, I hope it is the same one

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    benjy just for you only a mile today!! Enjoy them railway track miles sounds lovely
    don, wow you're very posh this week!
    alehouse love johnny cash, hope the short run/walk goes well
    lmh it is bleary out today! Enjoy your short easy

what: 1 mile squeezed in this morning early
    why: getting barnet done later
    last hard: this morning was as it was so early!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning again!

Don: online marking is a pain! As for the maths mark scheme...a couple of questions run into four or more pages each! Have a capital day!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LYRICS, PROBABLY

• Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH:I will swop you our heat for your cold....please;-)

Benjy: Enjoy the railway line run today and hope DOMS have disappeared that was a busy day yesterday!

Ale: I love Johnny Cash a favorite of mine.

Wabo: Great streaking and I did wonder what you meant abour Barnet but worked it out your are at the hairdressers?

Don: Posh do's get you:-)

What: 8.55 miles
    Why: Because I can and I wanted too
    Last hard: Sleeping in the heat
    Lyrics: Oh yes I am on a streak unless i am wrong;-)

200m climbing and I felt stronger on the hills this morning no sheep but a few fox's and a duck;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    yes wp getting  hair done for holiday with all the family! Off to Cornwall Friday - must check out park runs...
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all, 
    Get you Don, enjoy!
    Sounds like a fun packed day yesterday Benjy, today's run sounds good

Still pretty muggy here tbh

What - easy lunchtime miles, coaching tonight
    Why - legs battered / routine
    last rest - 12/05
    last hard - Last night: 400 & 400 / 300 & 300 /200 & 200 /100 & 100
    first leg at 5k/mile/800/sprint pace, second leg at mara pace. 3 sets.
    Tough on battered legs from Monday
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    eden project has one!!!
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Quite a few in Cornwall and most are playful/challenging. Eden sounds like fun. Please report on whichever one you do. Enjoy the hairdressers. 
    Lots of great miles going down and nice to see you out Ale. Easy does it and hope all goes well. Benjy: What's your secret with DOMS? Takes me at least 48 hours to do anything if that kicks in. Rock'n'Roll down to just three in Europe now: Madrid in April, Liverpool in May and Dublin in June. Edinburgh/Nice/Lisbon all binned. Fun events tho'. American/Canadian ones are even more spectacular and hope to do 1 or possibly 2 in October.
    Last nights club session was a larger stretch of Pavlovs (Team circuits, run -tag- recover-tag -run etc) Good for speedwork but hurts a bit!
    Lyrics: I thinks so
    What: Easy lunchtime run if i can escape GDPR
    Why: Not up for much else and have race/run tomorrow
    Last hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Monday (These are essential Benjy, but I did take tae kwon do :-) )
  • Options
    What 
    Possibly short paddle and track this evening
    Why
    Convince myself I can still paddle before this weekend
    Last hard
    Coming home
    Last rest
     yesterday (didn't leave house) although a bit of gardening done.

Lyrics no
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Enjoy the gym. Must get back into a routine when we get home.

Benjy: tears at the school play - aww, bless :smile: 

Wabo: love Cornwall. Eden project parkrun sounds great

Enjoy your posh dos, Don

Dustin: I wouldn't know what any of those paces are other than hard, bloody hard, vomit inducingly hard and impossible :D

Nice miles again poppy

What's GDPR, SC?

OH: Post Cape Wrath syndrome (PCWS) made me chuckle

What: 11.5 miles in the woods
    Why: seeking shade
    Last hard: today was not easy
    Last rest: 10/5
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    General Data Protection Regs coming into force this week. Means updating privacy policies at work and a load of other admin. Supposed to stop misuse of pers data e.g. spam/selling details/PPI etc but creating admin hell for lots of people. pdate to data Protection Act. Principle good but execution a bit tedious. Should cause chaos in the next few weeks as more people panic about what they think they have to do rather than what is required. See your in-box for the number of people checking you still want to be in touch!!! 
  • Options
    Nice miles chicksta.

DPA was bad enough SC - lots of misinterpretation of that went on for many years. I doubt much will change with GDPR. Which race are you doing tomorrow?

That sounds like a very packed day yesterday Benjy. I hope you can get your ten miles in today.

When are you off on holiday Wabo?

Hope you escaped the marking for a while Alehouse.

Hope you enjoy the trip to Skye OH - somewhere I'd like to visit.

Good to feel strong Poppy! You are welcome to the less than warm weather trust me!

Hope your legs have forgiven you Dustin.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Wow busy on here!

Sorry for being AWOL.  After a rather stressful trip to Sicily, I got back in one piece (just!) on Sunday evening.  Didn't run at all last week, it just didn't feel safe and there were no pavements (plus saw 2 snakes...I HATE SNAKES!).

So, Monday, 3 x 800 at club.  Meant to be 5, but breathing went to pot and so I had to stop.

Tuesday 13.71 km round the country lanes.

Today 8 km round the country lanes (different side of town).

Am feeling a bit cream crackered what with Dad, a not relaxing holiday and T-8 days till the m word and T-9 days till the w word.  OH is away until Sunday night too, he stayed in Sicily for a conference!

Sounds like there's been some great running here.  SC, sounds like Rock and Roll was fun.  Hope all those with asthma issues ease soon.  Ale good to see you've been out.

Will try and post regularly again over the next week, but please excuse me if I don't manage!

Have a lovely evening all.  Girly prosecco and curry night here.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Thanks for the reminder, LMH! Apart from walking to get a paper and putting the washing out, was non-stop marking from just after 7 until 5:45! Will get something to eat and then do another session...and then go to the alehouse...to discuss a possible parkrun venue.

What: 15 minutes, in theory easy

Why: finding all running hard at present. Think it is the weight.

• Options
    Kayak tick
    Track tick

Nice sunny evening here
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hi LMH....Fountain Fuive a local 5 miler off road and slightly challenging trail race in the Forest of Dean. Small field circa 150. Given the hills I won't be going for a time but good to support local club events...I think
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

posting will be sporadic now as on leave and travelling from tomorrow......

3.25m today with some small intervals... ready for Sunday.... don't think there is any tracking.... no is 1841 for Edinburgh....

Take care