Options

Wednesday, 20 June 2018 - Alright, I'm ready now, ready now

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Lyrics: Alright I'm ready now, ready now

Echo LMH's thoughts on streaking, wabo. Be careful.

Think I'm going to run into work this morning. It's actually a very nice morning for it.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Here I Go Again by Whitesnake.

Have a good one chicksta, it's a bit grey and blowy here.

What:           short and easy/gym programme
    Why:            work prevents longer/only a half day
    Last hard:    staying the right side of the line
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Don: Hope things sort out soon

Welsh: Are you using a Mac? If you are then the Garmin will never talk to GC anymore, the older devices Garmin aren’t supporting updates to in order to communicate with GC.

Ale: Injured again? Bloody hell, you must have done something bad in a past life

Emz: Great result and great report, great Ian Fleming fact to boot!

LMH” 15 miles shortly after a marathon, now I remember you telling me after last marathon to take it easy. Well done.

Wabo: Hope back eased for the mile

Chicksta: Great idea run to work, love using running as my actual mode of transport

Frenetic couple of days here juggling work, visited a college in South Yorkshire yesterday for moderation, then back just in time for daughter's and then mine TKD. Moderation of another college's work today, will be a long day of it today, but thankfully at home remote download of work.

Jarred my neck some how, but of a nuisance, as usual will run it out.

What: Will need a run at some point 7 or 8 on railway track about 11ish.

Why: Will need to think about upping miles again for York Marathon, but at the moment just enjoying getting out doing 6, 7 or 8s

Lyrics: Darn you lyrics! No!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: probably whatever I can manage in the fitness suite

Why: what Benjy said

Hope the streak is intact, Wabo and the back is easing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

SC: Not sure what time or where you are coming from but if you come down early say 7am you could park on Western street or nearby streets a lot of permits for residents but still lots of spaces.When I ran the race I was coming from the west towards Swansea and parked lower Oxford street which was fine.

Benjy:  I was lucky not a Mac and sorted out the problem -a friend had given Alun a 310 for his bike both were in the drawer I charged and switched both on and I used the one which locked onto satelites first and just assumed it was mine. So later in day though I wonder so added the watch to express and bingo it uploaded. Still waiting for Garmin to get back to me over 230 that is not working"!

Enjoy your  6-7 mile run today:-)

Chick enjoy run to work.

Wabo: How is your back?

LMH: Enjoy shorter run day and gym session.

What:  shorter run
    Why: I got up late and all out of sorts
    Last hard: circumstance's
    Lyrics: Nope:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - what LmH said. My other gripe is about strava and mileage chasing. I tend to do quite a few miles but aiming for x miles/month or x miles/year sacrifices quality for quantity. I guess if purely mileage is what motivates you then crack on, but aren't faster times more rewarding?

what - easy recovery run / coaching tonight
    why - trained yesterday
    last rest - June 1st (I think)
    last hard - yesterday
    Pyramid set - 2/4/6/8/1k/8/6/4/2 with 200 recoveries
    Didn't go full beans as legs still a bit weary from Sunday. Had a case of beer left over from the race on Sunday so that plus a variety of snacks consumed afterwards. Cue one idiot (not me I hasten to add) saying - "OK, who's up for a 400 race?" 
    About a dozen other idiots (guilty, as charged) replied positively. I came 4th, but I think that was more on the basis I'd had barely a pint (driving) whereas many of the others were well into their 4th...
    Aah fun....

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Dustin: Oh dear ... a beer fuelled 400 race :D  Nice pyramid session though. And completely agree re. arbitrary mileage targets. A random high mileage target got me injured as I wasn't listening to my body. Rather than resting when needed I kept going on to chalk those training plan sessions off.

Poppy: Glad you managed to upload your activities. Hope Garmin can fix the 230. They customer service has gone to pot a bit I find...

Sounds like a busy time, Benjy. Hope you can run the kinks in your neck out. Otherwise get your daughters to give you a massage :)

LMH: Enjoy the gym/short run combo

What: 14 miles
    Why: work commute
    Last hard: I was a bit dehydrated towards the end as it got rather warm
    Last rest: 31/5

Deffo going to do a very short run only tomorrow.
  • Options
    Was going for pool swim but pool closed for maintenance this week
    Feet still sore (7 mile coastal walk with Elspeth yesterday)
    last hard Sunday
    last rest Monday
    lyrics no

Love the training session Dustin!

Healing vibes to Wabo and Ale

Re targets: probably going to abandon this month's 100 target although already at 74
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    I think I know today's lyrics what is going on here!
    Thanks for advice, I really thought the streak would end last night as my back felt yuk after the drive home. I had to wait for shopping to come so I moved about and rested for an hour, shopping came. Put trainers on thinking this will be bad and I will stop. Well I only did a mile and it felt surprisingly OK. Massage this morning with the usual QoP who was lovely and lent me a heat pad which I am now wearing.
    She is sure the shock and jolt on my run from the OH is the cause.  He is upset and will pay for my massage ;-)
    OH hope you are starting to feel better in the foot department
    chicksta nice miles!
    DUstin, purely miles isn't motivating me tbh. My mileage is so low compared to most.  I just love running every day. I know there has been so much stress in my life with family matters over the last few years and I would have stopped. I usually just stop when things are bad. This way knowing I have to get a mile in has kept my running going. My times for me as an over 60 year old are not bad. I have never been fast (apart from as a kid lol). I do plan to return to club speed sessions though. My slower runs are more to do with the extra stone my body is dragging around. 
    Thanks for the concern all though and trust me if the streak has to end it will.
    enjoy your weds double dustin
    poppy back is getting easier cheers
    thanks alehouse, enjoy the suite 
    benjy enjoy the railway track run!
    lmh enjoy the easy

what: 2 miles easy later, no race
    why: being sensible
    last hard: not having a russian or egyptian beer last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    "enjoy your weds double" 
    Had to reread that, initially read as -
    enjoy your weddings double!

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Flying visit as chasing tail:
    Recovering from hill and speed reps at club.
    Get well soon benchies
    WP SE Wales/Monmouth
    Enjoy the day all others
    What: Longest day 10k
    Why: Booked it months ago
    Last hard: Getting up today
    Last Rest: Sunday?
    Lyrics; Yes
  • Options
    Have a good one SC.

Glad to hear that your back is feeling better Wabo.

Nice commute chicksta.

Glad that Garmin behaved Poppy.

Hope you enjoyed your run Benjy. The 15 was easy, ran it at P's pace.

It sounds as though that 400m could have been messy Dustin.

Pain about the pool OH.

Not what you want but better than nothing Alehouse.

No set targets for me in training nearest I get is deciding each week where I'd like to get to mileage wise but that can then be adjusted according to how I feel.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.