Options

Thursday 26th July 2018 I want to see you tonight in the park

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! Just!

Lyrics: I want to see you tonight in the park
Behind the bus shelter soon after dark

What: fitness suite at some stage

Why: out this evening with a friend instead of Friday (Cheadle, not the Griffin, OH!)

News: eldest son Jack has announced that he is getting married on July 31st...2019. All donations will be much appreciated. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Congratulations to Jack and partner. Any reaction from your knee to yesterday's run? Hope the aircon is working in the fitness suite.

What:              probably short and easy, possibly MLR/might get to the gym
    Why:               it's hot, hot, hot
    Last hard:       staying cool could be hard
    Last rest:        12/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Alehouse, Ooh a hectic year ahead for all concerned;-)

LMH:I hope it stays cool even if for your run.

What 5.25 miles

Why: Because I can and got up later than planned

Last hard: Being short of time

Lyrics; I am thinking maybe......but I could be wrong

Gasman due  well any time from 9-1 so had to be back to sort Alun  out etc and could not get out of bed I really needed the extra sleep.At least it was lighter so no need of chest torch this morning.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Well done to those getting their runs in. I couldn't drag my bones out of bed early enough this morning. Some honk on a moped sped past our house at 1am, just as I'd managed to fall asleep. I thought there was a serial killer wielding a chainsaw by my bed, it was so damn loud. Rush of adrenaline meant I was awake for another couple of hours. Sigh.

Might go to gym at lunchtime. An airconditioned treadmill run sounds like a sensible option.

Yesterday's lyrics: Cruel Summer, Bananarama

• Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Welsh: Blimey! That was a bag of miles yesterday!

Chicksta: Ditto, good going early one yesterday, shame about the awakening last nght, I live next to a busy road and get that quite often. 50cc mopeds modified by yoofs to sound just like high pitch candy floss machines.

Chicksta/LMH: Regarding water, I find carrying anything a huge faff and don't take water with me, even long ones, so take a quid coin in waist/key pocket for 'emergency water' if needed. Yesterday was only 7 mile, so wouldn't need water for that, but snakes alive I had to get a bottle from Sainsburys at only 5 miles. Very consuming heat yesterday.

Ale: Wowsers! That's fantastic news for your son and families, better get a piggy bank.

Working this morning, then have load of daughters friends over this afternoon (to save school holiday club burdens, it's a co-op) so a picnic in forestry nearby later and making stuff with sticks and leaves and hunting for bears.

What: Run later this evening, distance/time unimportant, whatever heat or timeframe allows

Why: Well we all need to get a run or we risk getting grumpy

Lyrics: Regrettably it's a no from Benjy

Have a good one today, don't worry jumpers and long-johns soon, I promise

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    benjy, no to the jumpers and long johns thank you! I hope you enjoy what the time and heat allow later
    WP, hope it was still cool enough even though later when you ran
    LMH enjoy, I am so glad we have air con at work
    chick!! Poor you, that would have freaked me out I am sure!!
    Alehouse what lovely news, have a good day!
    Lyrics no, should have known yesterdays, I'm not very good at this lol!!

What: 2 x 2 mile commute with trains in between, cycle home later
    why: saving money, saving the planet, not driving so much
    last hard: this morning and sweating on the central line, poor people on the train!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a lovely day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    It was hot but lovely Poppy.

I know exactly what you mean about that surge of adrenaline chicksta - I'm still managing to sleep with the windows shut for the same reason.

If I'm going far I usually carry some emergency money too Benjy but don't have many convenient shops on my routes. I have been saved by the odd pub kindly giving me some water in the past. Hope your girls enjoy their afternoon and you get your run in. I'm not looking forward to it cooling down - we are only forevast 20C on Sunday which is going to feel freezing!

Hope you get good weather for your Shetland trip OH.

Wabo - I shall be testing the air con in my gym later. Enjoy the ride home.
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Wabo/LMH: Admittedly it is going to be a shock when the weather changes, the opposite to VLM after the Beast From The East Training months. This morning when I got up, opened the kitchen window and it felt really quite cool and the garden box outside looked as though it had frost, all rationale thought told me it can't be, curiosity got me thought got to check and it was dew (as expected), I think I have been programmed last six weeks to not even see dew outside on a morning.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Benjy, Enjoy your afternoon with a gaggle of girls;-) I think we all understand the grumpyness of we do not run.I shall hold you to jumpers and long johns:-) 

I also never carry water and do take a pound for water and nakd bar on long runs  although not spent pound as yet.It gets zipped into shorts and many a times I forget and the pound gets a wash;-) 

A lovely 8 degrees for past two mornings:-) 
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    No signs of the heat abating anytime soon ... 16 day forecast says it's not going to change. I'd better get used to it then. 36 today. 25 was the low this morning ...

No shops on my route either. I don't even bother to carry any money. And I guess if there were shops they would likely be shut at the ungodly hour of my runs ;)

Managed 4 miles on the TM. No time to do more. Was tempted to speed up but it's recovery week so I kept it easy.

Please let it be autumn soon ...

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Warm here again, around 28 but no sun for the last few hours. Was 19 at 7 o'clock this morning. Bedroom window wide open, all year round.

What: fitness suite

Why: a half-hearted attempt to keep ticking over. At least it was cool and at least there was no reaction to yesterday's anti-g treadmill, apart from my legs generally ached.

And I've never carried water, or money. Perhaps I should start doing the latter.

In that London tomorrow. Forecast says big chance of thunderstorms. Hope they miss the Hyde Park area.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    It doesn't look half-hearted Alehouse, I think you've been great at doing what you can, would have been much easier in many ways to sit back and do nothing. Good news that there's no adverse reaction to yesterday's run. Would you not consider run/walking the 5k tomorrow? There was a massive deluge four miles down the road, biblical, I was so pleased to be inside whilst it lasted, big puddles when I ventured outside but came home and not a sign of any rain. Thunderstorms forecast for later and rain tomorrow morning but still hot.

Hope the aircon in your gym was better than mine chicksta, I was pleased not to be doing any cardio.

I've washed a fair few pound coins too Poppy.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I shall sit back and watch tomorrow, LMH! There is a cut off time of 35 minutes which I am sure that I could run/walk but I would rather do something similar in training or at a parkrun first. No point in getting over-enthusiastic and damaging things again. And thanks for the kind words!

Reached 30 again this pm but still little sun to speak of. No doubt there will be a thunderstorm this evening, probably when I walk the couple of miles from tonight's alehouse.
  • Options
    What: garden weeding
    why: much overdue. Plans for kayaking trip cancelled (see below)
    last hard: cancelling ferry after reading weekend forecast for Shetland (gusting to 30-40mph all weekend topped by T&L)
    last rest: well no running today so far or planned
    lyrics: no

Have to think what to do this weekend now ...  ;)
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    My cycle ended up being over 50 miles on Tuesday, all mountain biking with some red and blue trails on a section too.  Had never done anything like that before and it hurt but was fine after some more time on flat roads.

Managed a 6 mile run on Wed morning then 11 miles this morning while visiting my parents.  Plenty of fishing too, getting mackerel and prawns. It was a lovely fresh meal tonight.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: a mile and core
    Why: I'm trying to do it more
    Last hard: the screaming coming from my neighbours continuously since start of school holidays and working from home so no escape
    Lyrics: nope

Hot hot hot today.  Got my frozen got water bottle at the ready for sleep!

Have a lovely evening all.