Options

Saturday 28th July 2018 - When I get home it's late at night

Morning.

Lyrics - When I get home it's late at night

A grey start to the day here with the temperature due to drop as the morning progresses and heavy rain forecast with the wind picking up to make tomorrow even worse - I do hope this isn't the end of summer.

Well done emzap.

I bet that went down well Benjy - hope there's no hangover this morning. Glad the girls had a good day out.

The injection shouldn't be too painful Pammie and hopefully it will bring quite instant relief.

What:           short and easy
Why:            Saturday/guest/weather
Last hard:    adjusting to the change in weather may be hard
Last rest:     12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: hopefully run to parkrun, pace 35 min and run home for 30km in total
    Why: good way to get a long run in
    Last hard: this will be, it's gusting out there so will be tough I think
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh enjoy the visitor

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: fitness suite and perhaps a run/walk

Why: not ready to run properly, my knee tells me this morning

Much cooler here today as well. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Benjy: I bet  you enjoyed the vault opening last night for a few drinks;-)

Pammie: Good to see you pop in and meeting up with AH.

EM: You are a strong woman:-)

What: 8 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last Hard: Getting out of bed and the torrential rain and winds
    Lyrics: Yes

Boy that was tough fighting the rain and winds, ankle deep puddles and so many of them.It has taken me ages to warm up we had thunder whilst I was in the woods so thought shift myself to get home before the lightening starts.I had wanted to make 60 miles for week but on 59.25 and I was not going to make the short fall up that is how injuries happen.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see Pammie :)

Hope your 30k went well, em. Did you have to schlep all those bricks alone? I'd have gotten my other half to do it ....

Great mileage again, poppy. And I'm with you on making up numbers being a recipe for disaster.

Enjoy short and easy, LMH.

Benjy: had to laugh out loud at your graphic description of the beer vault.

Ale: bummer about the knee.

What: hour of yoga
    Why: back pain
    Last hard: the heat
    Last rest: 21/6
    Let's: no

Yesterday's were Icona Pop, I love it
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What a difference a day (or two) makes! On Friday it was 31 in Manchester. Yesterday I am told it was 34 when I was in London: it was certainly hot. Half an hour ago it was 11.5 when I was getting soaked on the way back to the car from shopping. Had to have the heater on in the car! The sun is out again now and it never actually rained at home, about five miles or so from the shopping centre (Handforth Dean, OH).

What: about 6k walked with half of it run

Why: being careful. Knee niggled to start with but then it loosened up. It was largely walk 100, run 100 then I just walked until I knew I was 1k from home and ran that section. 

Hope you coped with the 30k, Emz, and pacing duties went well. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    parkrun so far (26m11)
    4 swims at 4 locations yesterday.
    last rest Thursday
    lyrics no
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    afternoon all,

not much change here, still having issues with leg and foot, not running many miles, but enough to tick over, wind was a bummer this morning but still over 1:15 down on last weeks time as had no pwer in the leg and foot.......

afternoon session in the gym, now looking to find a phsyio.....

Take care
  • Options
    Can't you get a referral from your GP RFJ?

Good that your knee eased off Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that your back is still giving you gyp chicksta.

You know your body best Poppy and you seem to be doing quite well by listening to it.

Hope it went well emzap - certainly much cooler today.

That's a lot of moving around between swims OH.

The rain had stopped by the time I got out for my run and it felt warmer than the forecast 14C but boy was it blowy! Not sure if it was the cooler weather or the tail wind but the last few miles this morning were fast for me which sure felt good. Not sure what I'm going to do if tomorrow's forecast is correct and feel sorry for those doing the Outlaw.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Great 29.5 km. Ran all of it including the hills. Good pacing duty too, got a few people pbs so very chuffee. Now eating everything.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Top work, em!

And well done parkrunners.

Glad you managed some running, ale. Jealous of your 11 degrees.

Nice to get some pace back, LMH. I feel itchy ... Being sensible sucks.

RFj: sounds a bit similar to my issues stemming from compressed discs in the lower back. My left leg goes numb occasionally combined with tightness or pain in the lumbar region. Yoga helps. Or osteopathy. And if it gets real bad they administer MRT controlled injections.

What happened with the Outlaw?
    IM Hamburg (tomorrow) had to cancel the swim due to poisonous algae. It's now a duathlon with a 6k run instead of the swim. Must be gutting for first timers...
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Evening!

Back to 19 degrees. Which would be quite pleasant if it were not for very strong winds.

Doesn't sound good about Hamburg Tri, but difficult to know what the organisers could do

What: 45 minutes in the fitness suite

Why: had time, but wasn't too enthusiastic when I got there!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Lmh hopefully so from what I'm told they say I will
    My local weather forecast say high temperatures return 2nd week in August

WP its nice to put a face to the name

What 4.1 mile walk
    Why exercise
    Lyrics very familiar 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Chicksta - thanks, had lumber checked last wek and that seems fine.. looks like my SI joint.... plan to run tomorrow then take a few days off. (

MIL is now out of hospital, but in a home until her mobility returns (if it ever does)

LMH - I will plan to go via work medical than GP as will take too long plus GP has previosly intermated that not interested in running injuries as it is a life sylye I choose and am perfecttly fit day to day..... (that did make me fume)....... but was declined physio on those grounds.... (that was a couple of years back now and so have never gone back to GP for running related issues.....

Take care....
  • Options
    Finished off day with a 7.5 mile run over Marwick Head and back followed by a sunset swim  :D
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Sitting here wondering why female 800m runners are so bitter.  Life is all about accepting knock backs and getting on with it.  

7 miles today, decent run.  I might have missed selection for the Europeans but I’ll live.

lyrics, maybe.