Options

Sunday 30th September 2018 - The sweet September rain, Rain on me like no other

Dustin: Great miles and well done on passing.
OH: It is still active and stong here (YHA)

What: Gym

Why: Lots of miles recently

Lyrics: I think so

Tiptop day chaps, lets hope no rain today

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

It is indeed raining here, Benjy...not that I know the lyrics. 

Is Team Dustin still in Manchester, I wonder? Today's weather is more typical!

What: fitness suite/short run

Why: Sunday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Going to be a tough 10k here with winds gusting to 45mph. Heavy showers too.
    Why? Why indeed
    Last hard: yesterday's parkrun
    Last rest Friday
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Benjy, thanks for encouraging comments, I too hope it goes well for me!  

OH, its the Dunoon Ultra for me on Saturday.  I know what you mean about completing, its definitely the primary goal but looking at the last two years times, I feel I could get into the top 3.   

Intending to start slowly, get up and over the major climb in the first 14 miles then take it from there! 

Good luck to all racers today.  I managed a 7.3 mile run, felt great, easy pace. 

Lyrics, maybe. 
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Apologies for being AWOL....

away all last weekend at Equinox 24, in a team of 8 and we managed 3 x 10k laps each (mine were quite slow) but kept going.

Good bonus on the comeback yesterday at parkrun with a 22:20, so starting to get back to normality.... folowed by 7m today.

Physio and Docs still not 100% sure what the cause is.... more tests needed but body is responding to exercises.... bizarre.

Have an interview in Swindon on Weds as commute is still hurting me .....

Thanks and take care all.
  • Options
    51m16 today. Nasty squall came through at 44 minutes with head wind and heavy rain. Pleased with result.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Benjy You do make me smile I imagine you were Don Corleon from the Godfather:-)

What: 5.5 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard : Past 7 week  and all aches and pains
    Lyrics: I do believe it is a yes.

I managed 34 miles for the last week over 6 days so very happy with that.Still awaiting my own legs to return to me;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    50mph wind forecast all day Tuesday then working Wednesday/ Thursday. Considering moving planned LSR to Monday. Not ideal but Friday would be too close to marathon on 14th.
  • Options
    OH you seem to have had fun on that run. Don't envy your weather now or the coming week. Donaldo: Good luck at Dunoon. Poppy: Amazing (mad) miles for first week back. RFJ: Hope interview goes well. Nice parkrun. Glad you enjoyed the slowish Equinox! Benjy/Ale: hope you enjoyed the gym. I like the way you slip in a 14.5 Dustin then a four. Stylish
    Race report: Allegedly 1400 plus signed up. Not many from the club -despite it being a Forest of Dean Half Marathon -as it's organised by the Rotary Club -not us - and many members raced last week in Bristol or are racing next week in Cardiff Having been to Belfast and missed a good time by being an idiot -forgetting Garmiin and with an eye to Paris I decided it was going to be a steady training run - nothing more. As I was not going to be pushing and it was a wee bit breezy with only 8 degrees showing I layered up. (Hate being cold) It's an undulating route with over 900 feet of elevation gain so it was a case of play to the watch - go steady - have fun and I did. No rain and the sun was hiding so it was easy to keep cool. Lots of support out on the course - especially from club memebers. Settled into 8's (ish)  and just kept going. Worst of the big ups are in the first half but here's a long steady drag from 10 to the finish. Not arduous - just relentless. The field spread out very early and I was surprised how good it felt running free most of the time. Picked a few people to play mind games with and happily just kept reeling people in all the way round to finish in 1:43 and 164/????. Rogue Runs were giving instant readouts. Very happy with that and not a blip in sight. Maybe I should race more as training runs :-)
    Lyrics: Been in that song too many times :-)
    What: Fun run
    Why: Prepping for Paris
    Last hard: Sleeping last night
    Last Rest: Forgotten already.
    Hope LMH has a good journey and keeps in touch Later all
  • Options
    Brilliant, Dustin. Congrats on passing.

Those legs are just around the corner, poppy

Nice result in awful conditions, OH.

Good to see you, RFJ

Gorgeous sunny autumn day here.

What: 10k run and a couple of hours biked, includinga stop to fuel with coffee and cake
    Why: perfect day
    Last hard: deciding which cake to choose
    Last rest: 17/9
    Lyrics: clueless

• Options
    Sorry - quick check in and no time to read back and comment yet - have literally just arrived at apartment and unpacked as overnighted in Orlando (we are five hours behind you). Hope to catch up tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Good afternoon, LMH! Glad you have arrived safely! Hopefully the weather is better than here!

Well done OH and SC. And good to see you RFJ. Go well on Wednesday!

September's numbers: 
    30 days run
    Almost 80k.
    1 race, run steadily.
    3 parkruns
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.