Options

Thursday 6th April 2023 - I'm really close tonight

Morning

I'm really close tonight 
And I feel like I'm moving inside her

Still a body part

Els: I will be in Berne this afternoon (to get running shoes hopefully) - if you read this in time, it fits in and want to then we could meet up for a coffee.  Would be nice but no obligations!  However I hope you get there reading about the strike.  Sounds like you had a nice day in Paris yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your job situtation Wabo.  I hope you find something that suits.

Well done on the 600s Dustin.

Enjoy the calmer weather Chicksta.

Dustin and I are doing a marathon on the same day (but not the same race) and are basically following the same plan Chamolk - hence the coordinated training.  Those mid-week MLRs are worth it.

Good news you are not getting ill Pammie

What: short recovery
Why: no need for more
Last hard: 600s yesterday
Last rest: 31.10.22

Comments

• Options
    Hazel sounds great! First train going ok so just the Strasbourg to Basel leg to worry about strike wise. If this is ok arrive Berne 13.04 and planning to spend a couple of hours there.....if this suits you great if not no worries and of course will update if and delays!
    Morning everyone else!
  • Options
    Wow! Would be great to meet up Hazel. :):)
    Trains seem to be ok despite SNCF strike.
  • Options
    Great!  I would suggest that I look for you on the platform - I will (temporarily!) put on a fluorescent yellow running hat..  I will be arriving at 12:39 at the station and will keep an eye on your train.  I've also PMed you my mobile number.

Would be great to see you!
  • Options
    Proceeding smoothly so far ..
  • Options
    Fantastic Hazel! Sadly don't have anything distinctive to wear but we both have rucksacks and Peter has a bushy grey white beard! Keep you posted if any travel issues!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were When I'm Sixty Four, The Beatles

Hope you meet up Hazel, Els, OH!

Sorry to hear your work news, Wabo. Didn't realise that it was so soon. Hope you are soon sorted.

What: some sort of run

Why: not sure when. Had hoped to go to the first day of the cricket season but can't see that there will be much play. Looks like rain and it rained all day yesterday: inevitably got soaked on my run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow how cool that hazel, els and oh will meet! Only one I have met here is OH.
    RE work news, I do think they will give me two days work a week, I am more confident now I can manage and to be fair it will give me more time with family so I feel better. What I cant do is give up totally because I have a mortgage
    What: 2-3 later
    why: I want to
    last hard: lastnight off road but very enjoyable
    last rest: 28/12
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    That's a relief Wabo!
    Very pleasant couple of hours having a walk round Berne and coffee with Hazel! Selfie will follow but on Hazel's phone as I locked mine in locker and Peters lens broke! International forum relations. We have met Ale and Lmh also but later not for years! Lots of run chat if not running!
  • Options
    Here you go! 

Lovely to meet Els and Peter today.

• Options
    Hope you got shoes to fit! Now at thun! Great to meet up!
  • Options
    Great to meet with Hazel today. Lovely walk around Bern.
    Shattered glass kaleidoscope "filter" on front facing "selfie" camera is unfortunately permanent. I can hower vary the effect by giving phone a shake!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - more decent miles yesterday
    Chamolk - you too, decent elevation as well!
    Hazel - glad the 600s went well
    Hazel/Els/OH - ohhh a swiss meet , exciting!
    Ale - I did wonder if you'd be at the cricket...

What - 5 easy at lunchtime, U11s coaching tonight
    Why - routine
    last rest - 12/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - think so

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Great to see a meeting happening, hope you all enjoyed the coffee and chat.

Glad to hear you have something planned Wabo

Ale - surprised to hear about the rain, we've got a lovely day here, except for the 2 minute heavy shower within the first mile of my run.

Dustin and Hazel- enjoy the tapers

Planned 4 easy miles today, running up to meet the boys finishing school, but a road was closed meaning I had to do a longer route, and did just under 5 miles at tempo pace to get there on time

Lyrics no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Afternoon!

Yes, been at the cricket...and no rain! The only cricket ground in the country that has had a full day's play. Cold  enough for one of the umpires to wear a snood!

Glad that the Swiss meeting happened! I must visit sometime, or Germany or Northern Ireland! Or about time I headed south to meet Wabo! (Two days is good, by the way: I rarely do more than that.)

Over the years I have met Clink, Tigger's Mate Roo, LMH, Donaldo, Hilly, Barnsley Runner...none of them still posting!  Have also run with EmzOHEls, met Pammie (briefly!), and Dustin recently. Also Stevie G, Simon C, PRF, PeteMTorque Steer and Cal from other threads.  No doubt I have forgotten someone: no offence intended!

Run was just 20 minutes, and again a struggle: don't seem to have recovered from Monday's slow 6k!

Have an appointment to see a consultant (friend) about my lower back and possibly shoulder next Thursday. Plus blood tests at the GP on Weds. All fun!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Another fine mess, OH! Somebody would probably pay a small fortune for that piece of art!
  • Options
    Ale definitely the king of meet ups!
    Think we could sell it as art?