Options

Monday 24th April 2023 Blue, blue, electric blue

Morning: 

Lyrics: Blue, blue, electric blue
That's the colour of my room

The body parts are implied!

Sent from work. Back later.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon

Called in at short notice Ale?

Thanks for starting the thread.  Yesterday's lyrics were Fat-bottomed girls by Queen.

Hope the snow doesn't happen tomorrow Els - enough of winter now, don't need summer yet, a bit more nice spring first.  Knitting sewing yesterday sounds useful enough to me and the cake needed to be eaten surely as well.  Don't want it to go stale do you?  I hope you didn't go to marshall the race and then find it is next week!

Ugg to the IT issues OH.

Great work in Vienna Chicksta - decent time for the distance and conditions.  Well done to you and your team for the trophy - great pic - is that a Viennese Schnitzel on the trophy one?  Good refuelling!  Good thing you got home yesterday already as I just read about yet more strikes.

Looking forward to the report Dustin.    

What: will plod a couple of miles to move the legs a bit to loosen them up
    Why: helps recovery as sitting at my desk doesn't!
    Last hard: yesterday + the aftermath
    Last rest: 31.10.22

Lyrics: no today
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well yesterday was me using my 2020 London marathon place (deferred from multiple October runnings).
    It's fair to day that I was less enamoured for this training cycle than for last year's race yet that said the majority of the sessions were completed, the long runs done.
    Had planned an even steady effort aiming for around 3.40-3.45. 
    Decent prep time on the blue start with a few club pals, then it was dump kit bag, into the start pen. 
    Started conservatively - thought I was going too slow, but first mile came and went in around 8.10.
    Hadn't eaten or drank anything different to normal, but much of the early part of the race (until at least mile 10 or 11) my stomach was letting me know it wasn't happy. Didn't need to stop, but also didn't need the abdominal grumbles either.
    I didn't obsess over splits but aim was around 8.20-8.30 min miles, so was happy to see 10k in just over 52. second 10 took us round to Tower Bridge which is always uplifting (even though I can run over it on the way to work!). Second 10k in 52.05, halfway in 1.50.
    Out to Canary Wharf which most of you know is my usual workday run territory. Truly looks different surrounded by hundreds of runners. Aim was to keep going to 22 miles which is on the return leg of the Highway back to the City. 3rd 10k was again just over 52 so I rationalised that even if I held 9mm I'd be under 3.45. 
    Slipped a little in the 4th 10k which was just under 54 minutes but by that stage it's Big Ben and the run in. Passed a club mate in a small spot of bother at this point , but he said it was just a bit of cramp and for me to go on. Last half mile a battle of wills with the legs but soon turned down the Mall to the finish arches. 3.42.50
    Took a while to get the bag back - but soon found a spot to change. Phone back on, daughter called to say she was walking through the park, so met her, wandered over the bridge to Waterloo and met a dozen or so others in the pub for an hour or two. 
    Then train, 45 minute wait for a bus replacement (engineering works) before finally getting home at 7. 

Crowds were, as always, awesome. The course seemed busier than normal with plenty of runners randomly changing direction and one woman literally stopping dead in front of me on Embankment. 
    Plenty of weaving, waiting behind a pack and taking a different line, my strava registered it as 26.99 miles. 
    That's serious marathons off the table for at least the rest of the year. 

So today 
    what - 20 mins easy
    why - get the legs moving 
    last rest - 17/04
    last hard - yesterday
    It's also the vet track league tonight, I'm arguably doing the 2k walk. Hopefully the legs will play ball.
    Just a different set of muscles to ruin!
  • Options
    Feeling tired today for no good reason - lazy morning, reading.

Aqua Walking soon
    No word of MRI scan result nor appointment yet.

MS Teams woes diagnosed - Teams Essential (paid) can't have Teams (free) members in its team. Not sure what work-around will be.

Well done to Dustin and Chick. Recover well!

Begs the question what a non-"serious marathon" is, Dustin? ...

Lyrics no
  • Options
    (light hail now falling)
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Hazel hope you are OK today 

Dustin/Chick well done for yesterday. Recover well

What 40 minutes 
    What plan
    Last hard today
    Lyrics oh tip of my tongue
     Can hear the song but can't name it

Plan today increase in time running by quite a bit

10 minutes easy 3 minutes walk

10 minutes easy 3 minutes walk

10 minutes easy 4 minutes walk

Still managed 3.12 miles was hard but not a struggle  tried to keep it slow 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Good point OH - our club race is in June, I usually plod round - granted its still 26.2 miles, but It's run walk, no time pressure. That to me is not serious!
    Oh I know the lyric !

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Great report Dustin!! Well done!
    I've entered the ballot today, crazy but I feel I want to one more time
    I'll have to read back
    Well done Pammie
    Lyrics yes
    What c25k with Jodie, 2.7 parts of fell course in forest with oh just now
    Why fun for me the first part and mega tough the second
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 28/12

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse beyond upset and baffled by spurs
    Chick great team work!
    Hazel so sorry about yesterday - hope you're ok

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

I see there's a job going, Wabo! Make sure you apply! Can't do any worse! At least you aren't in a relegation battle.

Thanks for the report, Dustin! 

Hope you are ok, Hazel.

Well done Chick and team!

Impressed with your progress, Pammie. 

What: about 4k with two easy, pushed one, last one easy

Why: something slightly different! Managed to avoid the icy rain.

Working again tomorrow, and probably Thursday and/or Friday: got an email yesterday requesting my services!

Not seem Emz for a while; sure she has plenty to report!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I see there's a job going, Wabo! Make sure you apply! Can't do any worse! At least you aren't in a relegation battle.

I just might!!