Options

Monday 19th February 2024 And the lights all went out in ...

Morning!

Lyrics: And the lights all went out in

What: probably something short and easy

Why: don't feel 100%
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yes
    Take it easy alehouse
    Feel quite jaded myself and have to do 2 hours driving to see the tiptree grandchildren today so
    What not the planned 6, prob just 3
    Why see above
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You're always so busy, wabo!

Take it easy, Ale.

Also wishing Hazel would pop in 😊

Yesterday's lyrics were New York. Rio, Tokyo by TrioRio. An 80s one-hit wonder and I don't even know if anyone outside Germany ever heard of them 🤣

Pretty sure I should know today's but rn I can't name the tune.

9 miles done. More wind, more rain, wet feet and a bit of a struggle.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - take it easy , I know exactly how you feel!
    Chick - more epic mileage
    Wabo - enjoy the grandkids time

What - just 4 miles
    Why - flat , deflated , knackered
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - Yesterday's XC, but tbh today was no cake walk

Getting the Nationals out the way (Saturday) then time for a re think. I know its all relative, but feel so sluggish and devoid of speed at the moment. So perhaps cut back, more S&C, and more sleep for a few weeks. See if that makes a difference. Have to enjoy your running!

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A break is probably not a bad thing, Dustin! Btw, congrats on your club's win 👏🏻

I pretty much stopped running in August for a few weeks when everything was such a chore. I'm still slow and used to be a lot bouncier but overall I'm happy out there and cranky when I don't run.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Dustin congratulations on your clubs win.
    Sometimes a little down time is good hopefully  you'll come back refreshed

All the best for Saturday 

Ale take care

Wabo enjoy the grandkids

Chicksta I don't know of them sorry

What 5km run walk
    Why something  and next 3 days will be as I feel cos of work
    Last hard yesterday 
    Lyrics  nope 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I cancelled the grandkids till wed over night and come home Thursday afternoon, less driving in one day and they're happy I'm having sleep over 😂
    So all in all I had a much needed more restful day
    Pammie hope run/walk was ok
    Dustin spot on about enjoying running, congrats on club win
    Chick my last long run was a slog too
    I ended up doing 2.5 miles this morning then another 1.2 I think dropping something off to docs(BP reading for a week as it was so high when she did it, total fine when I do 🤔)
  • Options
    Evening.. cautiously sneaks back on to thread... sorry for the long abscence.

I hope everyone is ok, if it seems not all 100% ok.

Sounds like you have a good plan there Wabo.  Good to see the streak is still going well.

Hope you are feeling better this evening Ale.  

Well done on the 9 miles in those conditions Chicksta.

Could be time to break the streak then Dustin.  Maybe you need some cake after yesterday's XC efforts.

Enjoy your as-you-feel- runs Pammie.  Can definitely vote for those at the moment.

I'm now 4 and a bit weeks into my running comeback.  I took three whole weeks off in the end (with moving house in the middle).  A break was long overdue.  I am doing as-you-feel runs and have no plans to change that, I've let myself be dictated to for too long by training plans and race dates.  It doesn't mean I won't race at all but it will be short-term entries and low-key stuff if I do.   No more expensive marathons with months of preparations and then the frustration of not getting round - again!

I'm also sprinkling in other things with work on the mat for core strength, cycling and walking.  Hopefully I will keep it up.

What: about 35 mins on hometrainer and mat / 5k "recovery" (involves a hill in the first km)
    Why: start off the week
    Last hard: doing the core work with the cat insistent on sharing the mat or lying on my stomach
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    Great to see you, Hazel! You've been missed! And sounds like a sensible plan going forward! Hope the new accommodation is good! 

What: Just 25 minutes pm.  Very much as I feel, pretty well as always. Still not recovered from Saturday's parkrace

Why: felt rough this morning with a short bout of man flu and M78 not available at present. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great plan hazel, so nice to see  you posting, you have been missed