Morning!

Late start again!

Lyrics: We're leavin' together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To Earth, who can tell?

Today's place is the name of the band!

Yesterday: Africa, Toto

What: nothing, beyond a few stretches and a little upper body work. 

Why: Hamstring says I can't run
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, Ale. Hamstring injuries always happen to me when I try to run fast. Seems like I'm condemned to plodding for the rest of my life.

Tasty track work, Dustin.

Hope the 15 went well, Em. Good parkrun too given the conditions.

Yes to lyrics.

Missed posting Friday and yesterday. Life got in the way a bit. Managed 10k and 11.2 yesterday. Currently waiting for the train too clear.

Happy Sunday 🌞
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hope the run went well today emzap!
    Gutted for you alehouse
    Nice running chick
    Hazel I didn't understand my what either when I read it back 😂
    What 10 miles, put old shoes on and feet didn't cause problems till 7, but quicker than last week's 10
    Why half marathon next week
    Last hard today
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon

Hope you get that appointment quickly Ale. What do you think triggered the issue?

Another race coming up sounds good Wabo. Good distance today.

I'll join you with the plodding Chicksta.

Good track work yesterday Dustin.

Hope you managed the early start emzap.

Lovely weather for parkrun yesterday OH.

What: walked to and from brunch - 1 hour each way
    Why: working up an appetite and calories off.
    Last hard: route planning yesterday - went too far and walked a bit home to prevent large overdistance
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: nope
  • Options
    Lyrics, no
    Wabo, good run, sets you up well for the half!
    Hazel, hope it was a nice brunch!
    Ale, very lucky to get to see anyone in a timely manner these days, hope things ease off quickly! Not nice to be injured! Amazing length of streak though!
    Chick, great running these days!
    Another rest day here, morning walk and then lunch out west with Peter and a 4.5 mile walk up to Marwick head and back. Calm day with just a light shower, different day to last time we were that way.
    Difficult to know how much to do at the minute, less than 2 weeks to John Muir Ultra, I will struggle to complete in the time limit but frightened to get injured if do v much now.
    It's the small things that make you happy sometimes, having very wide feet for a female I struggle to find trainers to fit and usually end up with the same pale pastel green ones which quickly turn mud coloured when they hit the trails. So my new ones, same type are a nice bright blue which will look much nicer!
  • Options
    Shocked to see lady running in crop top and shorts in 4C yesterday!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all. Quick pop in as I'm very tired! Very happy with today's performance. Unofficial time of around 1:35 on an exceptionally hilly course. Will write more later but I've been up since 4:30 so need to sleep!
  • Options
    Well done Emz, sleep well!
  • Options
    Shocked to see lady running in crop top and shorts in 4C yesterday!
    I saw same lady and fairly sure it was a just a bra! (with ultra pack). Whatever it's still only 4C

nice walk with Els today
    lyrics no.

No date for op yet
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap well done!
    Els I also have wide feet which is why my feet keep playing up on longer runs, they get worse when my feet are warm! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can