Saturday 23rd March 2024 I had this perfect dream

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 23 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I had this perfect dream
Un sueno me envolvio
This dream was me and you
Tal ves esta aqui

Surprised that we haven't had this place and song...unless we have!

What: nothing

Why: was supposed to be helping at Northern Road Relays, but eight hours on my feet would not be a good idea!

How many miles to make the 100, Wabo?

re WASPI, they estimate that someone who has retired, or is going to retire, at 66 instead of 60, will have missed out on over £40,000 of pension; the current thinking seems to be that they will be compensated between £1500 and £3000. A lot of unhappy WASPIs out there!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Ale, hardly worth fighting for that is it! But I do feel a bit aggrieved that there was such a big hike in retirement age for our cohort!
    Terrible weather, got really cold walking with friend yesterday afternoon and it's little better and parkrun marshalling. Still coughing and not quite right! Might not tackle much else outdoors today in attempt to recover!
  • Options
    Dry during actual parkrun but not before and after. Still cold and windy. 35m33 for me.

With time taken out for kids etc, we'd really struggle on Elspeth's work pension alone. Fortunately my work pension is more than adequate and I am over 66.

Els off out for walk to get warm again.

Weather due to improve and ferries resume tomorrow.

Deferred transporting 1.5x 1.8m flat wooden plinth from ours to the church!

Still waiting on admission date and return of van from garage. It has now been 5 months for the latter.
    Planning is difficult until I get an admission date 
    Would like to see our Dutch running friends at end of April at Run Balmoral. Also have tentative meetup of school year in Manchester on 12 April and 45th St Andrews Uni reunion in June. Unlikely to make all of these but difficult to plan for any.

Lyrics no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale glad you've been seen and there's a glimmer of hope.

I used to be able to cartwheel and could still sort of do one about 5 years ago!

A very unpleasant parkrun. Pouring with rain and hail for the last mile.  Ale will I'm sure have checked out my time on the 5k app.......

Another pppb and it started with 25!!!! 25:58. I'm so pleased with that!

Chick you could always do just a few of the stages. You don't have to do the whole thing.

Happy Saturday all
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, Em. You're on fire 🔥🔥🔥

Retirement age in Germany is 67 ... The way things are going, i.e. throwing millions at those who don't work, it may soon be hiked up to 75 😬.

Hope they fix the van soon, OH.

Take it easy, Els.

Yes to lyrics.  Good choice, Ale. Two absolute legends.

14k in bright sunshine. Made the most of it before the clouds moved in. Currently we have a mixture of hail and heavy rain.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    Afternoon!

I did indeed see your result, Emz! Well done...so far! Lots to come off that time on a dry, still, warm day!

Hope you get an appointment soon, OH. And let me know should you be in my area! And well done for volunteering,  Els, in grim conditions. 

Yes, I can see retirement age increasing again here, Chick.  And a decent distance banked today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    Hiya
    OH - solid park run. We too have been mulling over the idea of solar panels. A few friends have them and it certainly pays for itself after a few years. I didn't realise the van was still missing, why has it taken so long?
    Els - sorry you're still not feeling 100%
    Ale - sensible decision with the relays
    Emz - congrats on the pbpb
    Chick - solid effort

Pension ages should have risen over time, roughly in line with life expectancy but obviously it's not a vote winner. 
    Plus the fact that 50+ years ago a considerable number of people started work at 16 (or younger) so paid in for 50 years making pension payments more viable. Now, a sizeable number don't start working until their 20s, pay in for less time and live longer. Pension contributions should be mandatory - yes I know it's more tax but the status quo is unsustainable. 

What - track! 4x600s off 90s, 6x200s off 45s
    pretty consistent despite a strong breeze on the top bend. 2:29s for the 600s, 42s for the 200s 
    why - Its what Saturdays were made for
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was!
    In gardening news, the mower started at the 4th time of asking (every year we think is the last!) so front & side lawns done. The rain and hail halted proceedings for the back garden. Garage partially tidied too. Need another tip run...

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics yesterday were Rio, by Mike nesmith 
    I think I've paid in nearly 55 years worth which is bonkers
    Els take care
    Emzap whoosh!!
    Dustin what a great days worth of work for you!!
    What 2 miles this morning
    Why been on dance duty watching my two granddaughters so ballet and all sorts
    Last hard this nothing
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    42 miles to do ale, going to knock off 7 tomorrow I hope
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Dustin (ok you did ask!):
    <rant>
    van broke down latter half of October with Green flag rescue to only garage that would take it (originally bought new from there).
    [My usual garage for 30+y was recently taken over by Halfords and then promptly closed down despite no lack of business.]
    Diagnosis snapped timing belt. I was told that they couldn't see to it before second week in November. I was also told they would take head off and assess damage.
    It was late January before anything further happened and then only with me agreeing to purchase of parts before progressing. Verbal estimate of around £2.5k (which was my limit for a 20yo van)
    Despite regular contact by myself progress has been slow and communication poor. Apparently engine back in and just waiting on T piece for cooling system then MOT.
    Paying insurance all of this time as we were expecting van back.
    Although a major player locally, garage is not signed up to motor ombudsman scheme.
    Totally fed up and frustrated by losing any control of situation and looking to a significantly higher bill.
    </rant>