Options

Saturday 13th April 2024 Well, since my baby left me

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Well, since my baby left me
Well, I found a new place to dwell
Well, it's down at the end of Lonely Street
At...

Yesterday's were Berlin with Take my breath away.

Hope that today's number doesn't feature in Chick's road trip. 

What: short stretch, short exercise bike 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning 

Bit of a downer yesterday - went to do 10 miles at marathon pace, things were going ok until at mile 8 when my hamstring niggle suddenly became a significant pain. Tried easing off but pain was bad enough that I decided to walk home. Pretty disheartened to be honest. Taking today as a rest, will do some stretching and foam roller later, maybe a little walk. Might try a few miles tomorrow to see how things feel. 

Still not really sure why I've had this niggle, probably for the best part of two months now. Had two sports massages during that time but they didn't seem to make much difference. Doesn't bother me doing any day to day things at all, only a minor feeling when running slowly, bit as soon as I get to around 8mins/mile it starts to get a bit more noticeable. I've avoided any speed work faster than tempo as a result so that I didn't hurt it any more.

I'll obviously need to work on something to help it longer term, at the minute my focus is just trying to get through the marathon next weekend and ideally not seriously injured myself

Hope everyone else is having a better weekend

Lyrics yes - hopefully I won't visit there next week
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ah shit that doesn't sound great Chamolk. Not the right time for a niggle to turn into a proper injury. Please be careful with trying it out tomorrow you can't improve your fitness anyway now. Maybe a couple of days without running and then light work to tick over next week?

Hope chicksta is enjoying herself

Are you spectating tomorrow Ale?

Have a nice Saturday all!

What: 11.x undulating miles before breakkie.
    Why: lovely morning
    Last hard: the up bits, deliberately worked reasonably hard
    Last rest: yesterday, did me good after Thursday

Lyrics: nope
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning 

Chamolk hope it's nothing and a rest does it good 

What just over 2 miles non stop
    Why consistency  
    Last hard Thursday  I think
    Lyrics nope 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ohhh chamolk sending healing vibes your way.

Very pleased with my run this morning. Sandwell valley isn't the easiest of courses and I managed a course pb with 26:14.  I was also ahead of someone I was convinced was ahead of me, and 5th woman for the 3rd week running at the 3rd different event!

Ale are you marshalling tomorrow? 

Hazel well done on your 11 before brekkie!

Have a great day all
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    Hope a rest works Chamolk.
    If not don't risk it. There will be other marathons.

Well done emzap
    Good total *before* breakfast Hazel
    Steady does it Pammie

33m13 parkrun for me, sadly not at Worsley Woods and not supported by AH.  :'(
    Bright sun initially (shorts and t-shirt parkrun ) but now clouded over and a little gusty.

Lyrics no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about the hamstring, Chamolk. I'd be fairly certain that it isn't hamstring tendon related or you wouldn't have been able to walk home! Nothing to be gained from running on it fitness-wise this week. 

Sorry you were at the wrong parkrun, OH! I didn't even go and watch at one today: rather wet. 

Well done, Emz! Certainly heading in the right direction. 

And a decent pre breakfast outing, Hazel!

Keep up that consistency, Pammie!

Wabo won't be happy, or certainly not football-wise. Probably at least as bad for me yesterday  evening!

Re marathon tomorrow, weather permitting I will go and watch, but not up to spending five or six hours on my feet helping! Watching out for BR and Hilly amongst others! Hope that the weather is better than today's wet and windy 9 degrees! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - booooo about the hamstring. Ease off this week completely, run relaxed next weekend and I still think you'll clock a decent time. 
    Ale - enjoy the exercising, oh' Ill add Brilly to my tracked runners!
    OH - decent park run, and you too Emz with the PB
    Pammie - good going
    Hazel - decent pre breakfast run!

What - track: 2 sets of 5 x400 off 75s 
    Why - usual saturday lunacy
    last rest - 21/09
    last hard - that was. Legs not really feeling it but still managed some decent intervals (slowest 95s, fastest 90s)
    lyric - yes
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Lyrics, maybe!
    Awol mostly, worried about daughter who isn't v well.
    Running as much as I can though, did 10k with friends this morning, tough run as it's rather windy! Story of this week really.
    Lots happening here.
    Chamolk, not good, as Hazel says couple of days rest before gently testing it is probably good.
    Great PB Emz!
    Hazel, great pre brekkie run, I tend to have brekkie first even if I run relatively early!
    Pammie, consistent indeed.
    Ale, don't blame you with the rain!