Lyrics: Meet me by the entrance of the tube
We can talk things over a little time
Promise me you won't step out of line

Line two onwards 

Yesterday's were Madonna with La Isla Bonita  

What: stretches

Hope today's racers go well!

I enjoyed yesterday's photos, Team OH!

And another decent result,  Emz! And yes, time you headed north!

Enjoy the snooker, Dustin!

A shame that you weren't over here longer, Hazel!

When's Chick back?

SC?  Chamolk?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Noooo!!!

You did it again Ale.. :D

What: some sort of MLR
    Why: getting back to it after a lazy week runningwise...

Lyrics: no, should have known yesterday's.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Hazel! And I would be sure that you know today's!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    Morning 

Was going to do some  lyrics prior run but left  till I'd run 

Dustin Enjoy the snooker

Wabo did you notice a barefoot  runner yesterday 

What 2 miles easy
    Why recovery 
    Last hard Yesterday 
    Lyrics  familiar 

Todays run bought recovery down from 50 hours to 19 rhr down too 

Meeting  friends this evening  going  for an Indian 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Pammie no I missed the barefoot runner 
    Lyrics no
    A runner who finished just after me thanked me yesterday for running strong and pulling him round which was nice
    Enjoy the meal Pammie
    Hazel enjoy the mlr
    Stretch well ale
    What 6 miles lr
    Why don't big half September so training starts here 
    Last hard this morning 
    Last rest 28 12 22 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    A lot colder day than yesterday and 15 milers have been gone a hour.
    No FOMO for me 
    No issues for me following yesterday's race.
    Lyrics no

We're doing Indian with our Dutch friends too this evening before heading in different directions tomorrow.
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 28
    Race Report (Run Balmoral 10k)
    Rather anxious before the start. I had not pinned a number on since 2019 and have only done this distance, 10k, at a slow jog in recent years. Also being admitted for op on Tuesday.
    Good to meet up with our Dutch running friends the day before and travelled in with them. Long queues to get parked then a scramble for the portaloos. Although it had been a cool damp morning it was now turning into a bright sunny day with car thermometer reading 9⁰C. Shorts t-shirt., hat and suncream were the order of the day.
    Lined up with our Dutch friends at the start along with ~1700 other runners. About midway at start but couldn't hear the start gun and took 4 minutes to get across the start line.
    Left sided impact pain all the way round but got no worse. Aim was to get around without injuring or killing myself with a thought that I'd be delighted if I got under 90m.
    First 3k were along a flattish rough tarmac road going reasonably steadily. At the foot of the long hill we were encouraged on our way by a 6piece pipe band. The hill was power walked by me in common with all those around me. Over the top of the hill and past the 5k mark in about my usual parkrun time. Had to take it steadily down the initial steep downhill due to leg pain but once the gradient eased was able to lengthen my stride into a steady 11.x m/m.
    Realised I was going to make my 90m aspiration with ease and feeling relatively strong, I felt good.
    Crossed the line 76m05.
    Very pleased with that result and far from last.
    (Would likely have been one of the last with that time at home 10k with smaller numbers.)
    Mets by Elspeth and our Dutch friends having picked up my Crathie Kirk medal and race. T-shirt.
    Another half hour queuing to get out of Balmoral grounds before ice-cream in Ballater.

Not a fast result in general scheme of things but a good confidence booster for me.

• Options
    Will go and see 15 milers come in soon.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Enjoy the Indian Pammie!

Nice unintended pacing work Wabo. Plenty of time until your HM but good to get an early start.

Glad you are OK OH. Thanks for the report, enjoyed reading that. Sneaky look at the results says Els did great too. Hope she wasn't too cold in the shorts. Have a nice meal with your friends.

MLR went OK, plenty of hillage involved so pretty slow. 

Which match did you see Dustin? I've seen one live many years ago at the Masters.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Loved your race report oh.

Volunteered at parkrun this morning. Lucas' first run on his own. He did amazingly and picked up his marathon band too (21 junior parkruns). Not bad for just over 7 months of parkrunning.

Then walk across some bluebell woods. 

Followed by just over 8km run.