Options

Chavs

I confess I nicked this from another forum (the very excellent grumpieroldmen.co.uk, since you ask). From a Brighton newspaper, apparently. It made my day. As the originator said, gotta love the names of the daughter and dog!

Asbo boy target of hate campaign

A teenage tearaway has become the victim of a hate campaign featuring posters of him bearing the words: "Walking Dead Boy".

Zak Marsden, 16, of Portland Road, Hove, who spoke of the campaign for the first time today, remains unsure of who targeted him but said the posters shook his whole family.

Zak's mum Fiona opened the gate to take the dog for a walk just before Christmas and was confronted with a photo of her son copied on to a poster with the message: "Walking Dead Boy RIP 1988 to 2004".

Identical posters were pinned up on trees along the road and down the alley leading to their house.

Mrs Marsden, 38, said: "I was sick when I saw that. It was such a shock and it's just a sick, stupid thing to do. I stayed up all that night, I didn't know what to do."

Then, just after Christmas, Zak was attacked by a boy and a girl near his house. Zak said: "I was walking along the road and this girl grabbed me and tried to hold me down so a bloke could have a go at me. I don't know why they did it - it was stupid. I ended up with scratches and bruises on my neck."

The picture on the poster was first published in The Argus when Zak was placed under a three year anti-social behaviour order last year after a catalogue of alcohol-related incidents.

She said: "All this has made me really worried for Zak and my six-year-old daughter, Kibibi, as well as me. It has affected us all. Zak is 16 so he likes to go out but after this I'm always worried about where he is because there are obviously some loons out there. I spend a fortune on my mobile phone ringing him to make sure he's all right."

She said she has had her plant pots kicked over and she was more wary of going out at night now to walk the dog, Hugo Boss.

Zak's solicitor Andreas Serghis said: "It is ironic Zak was placed under the order to stop anti-social behaviour but it appears to have incited it."

Comments