Options

oh my god!

the countdown clock on the official flm site, telling me that theres only 39 days,19 hours, mins, secs left.

Comments

• Options
    I know the feeling. How many more runs can we fit in before then!! I presume it's your first like me!!! Best Motto: Close your eyes and think of England!
  • Options
    yep its my first, was feeling okay until i saw that clock, still only putting in about twenty five miles a week because of injury, but hopefully i'm over the worst and can start upping it a bit.
  • Options
    And I've caught a cold!!
  • Options
    close your eyes and think of Scotland????
  • Options
    As another first timer, I'm keeping away from the official site - that clock scares me, as does the thread which says 'nearly over'.

Don't think there's anyone whose not had some disruption for injury / weather / other commitments. One thing comes over in this forum is how much we are all in the same boat, it's helped me, particularly over the past week when I've had injury problems which I'm now getting over (fingers crossed). Theres a lot of positive thinking to be gained around here!

Irrespective of the training programme you're following,( I'm doing the RW's), the hardest work is to come, so if you're able to increase your mileage now, thats pretty well on target - just don't overdo it and risk another injury.

Don't panic... (much.......), we'll all be there in the end.

PS - its warmer and lighter out there - its become a lot easier and more pleasant to get out on the road in the last few days - nearly a pleasure!!
  • Options
    After illness and injury the nxt 2 -3 weeks are crucial for me. If i can get 18 mile/ 20 mile/18 miles in 3 weekends will feel happy- rest last 2-3 weeks and hope this will allow this persistent calf injury to settle. probably raised near 1000p so far so cant not do it !
    good luck all
  • Options
    I've been counting down for 155 days and all of a sudden I'm under 40. Bit of a shocker really :~)
  • Options
    I've got 2 clocks to be scared of - the countdown to the FLM, and the countdown to my 50th which is this month. Don't know which is worse!