Options

Kenilworth Half

Anyone doing this on 6th Oct? Anyone done it before? How does it compare with Robin Hood? Anyone going from Selly Oak area of Brum?

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to, Bev, but I have a prior commitment on Tyneside that day. How did you get on with the Robin Hood?
  • Options
    Quite good, thanks! 1 hr 46 mins which isnt a PB but I thought the course was quite tricky! I am therefore hoping Kenilworth will be an improvement.I've entered Bath. How about you?
  • Options
    Great time nonetheless, Bev.

I haven't entered anything after October 6th yet but seriously tempted by the Bells of Pattingham Run on October 13th (good excuse to buy some spikes) and the Cheddar Half in November. Not sure what I'll be doing in March yet! Bath sounds appealing, but so does Reading...and Coniston!

Cheers, V-rap.
  • Options
    I've entered this but I've never done it before. I'm travelling from Leicester so that won't be any help to you. My race number is 730 but it seems low key so I don't think they are starting at zero.
  • Options
    Nice to get a reply!I'll look out for 730!
    My number is 858. I did GNR last year so this will be a bit different and pressure to do a good time???? (Not like GNR!)
    I'm worried that the course will be too "undulating"!!
    Good Luck!!
    Bev
  • Options
    Michael, Bev.
    My number is 163 and I only entered in the last 10 days, so I've no idea how many will be there. Weather forecast looks kind, so looking forward to it. First race for 18 months due to injuries etc, but looking forward to it, even though I'm still carrying an extra half (or so) stone !!!

Maybe see you both there.

Nige
  • Options
    I'm driving there with a friend from Kings Heath if that's of any use to you, but we won't be aiming to do it in anything under 2:10. My number's 311, so it looks like there's be a few hundred running.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting!
    Any chance I could drive over to you and go together? More fun and safer!!
    My phone number is 475 1450.
  • Options
    Ooh, that was certainly undulating. nothing too hilly but just lots of it. I thought the hardest section was just after the 6 mile marker when we had to cross the road and turn right up a long, long hill into the wind - it seemed to go on for over a mile.

As a race though, it was quite good. Plenty of marshals, lots of water stations and water, good changing and showers facilities, baggage tent, a t-shirt AND a medal - and ideal weather.

Seemed like a good tornout too. Over 700 from what I heard.

Hope you all had a good run, although it is probably not a PB course !
  • Options
    I loved the way that the marshalls must have taken the care to actually alter the geology of the region whilst we were running the loop, in order to make the last 4 miles uphill just as the first 4 miles had been ;)

Seriously though, it was a really well-organised race.

And guess what - I got a PB!
  • Options
    Sorry Michael - it was a PB course!!! I ran 1-27-06, taking 90 secs off my Brighton PB from Feb!! Enjoyed it immensely but wasn't looking forward to it beforehand as I slept badly (only about 4 hours) and felt a bit ropey at the start! It was well marshalled and a nice morning.
  • Options
    Anyone having trouble moving their legs this morning??
    I agree with earlier postings; congratulations to the organisers; beautiful course, well marshaled and great atmosphere!
    Cheddar next(very fast and flat, apparently!)
  • Options
    My calf muscles are in ruin!
  • Options
    I was surprised to discover this morning that I'm absolutely fine except for a a couple of wee aches - but there again, I was running slower than everyone else!
  • Options
    Well done everyone for completing this course!!!

I am new to this site but used it to find out about the Kenilworth 1/2. I was not expecting the course to be so up and down. We all remember different parts but for me the uphill between miles 10 and 11 seemed to drag. I was very impressed with the organising and marshalling and will definitely go back next year. Having done that course has defined my training goals for the near future. My legs are aching due to the road and hill running, which I am not used to. I run along the Thames mostly in Reading. 13 miles along flat and soft ground is quite easy compared to sunday. I have learnt my lessson.

I did do my PB though, 1h35m. Only a 2 minute improvement but I was chuffed. Anyone coming a long way to do the Henley 1/2 marathon next weekend is welcome to drop me a line if they need any parking, accommodation advice, etc as that is my neck of the woods.

Bye
  • Options
    Oh, extra message. Can someone email me the link to find the results on the web for Kenilworth - Thanks
  • Options
    Me again, the provisional results can be found at:

http://www.kenilworthrunners.co.uk/