Options

City of Norwich Half Marathon

Please note that the correct date for the 2003 City of Norwich Half Marathon is Sunday 15 June - start 11.00am. This year our race incorporates the BMAF Half Marathon Championship. Entry details will appear at www.conac.org.uk from 1 March 2003.

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone done this race before? What's the course like - any good for PB's?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I did it last year,undulating in parts and a killer last 1km on gravel uphill to finish,but well organised and lovely scenery
    - I am glad they have changed the date so I can do it again
  • Options
    The Norwich Half Marathon is a great course that is run almost completely in the country lanes on the western side of Norwich. As the start is at the Norfolk Showground it is easy to find and parking is not a problem.
    The course is definitely undulating with a couple of testing hills (the longest one is a gradual incline for approx 1 mile that finishes about mile 7 or 8). After this the course is relatively flat until what can be a daunting incline for about 400 metres that occurs less than half mile from the finish. As long as you are mentally prepared for this last challenge you will really feel on a high by the time you cross the finish line!
  • Options
    The longest I've ran is about 8 miles. I'm interested in this event but I'm wary about entering in advance in case I don't feel ready by 15 Jun. Is it possible to just turn up on the day and run if I am ready?
    Thanks
  • Options
    I ran this last year, very good race on quiet lanes, but the last mile is pretty hard (compared to the rest). Facilities are excellent, loads of parking, space for the family to picnic, beer tent, loads of toilet - no queues at all. They were accepting entries on the day last year.
  • Options
    I'm the assistant race director of the 2003 City of Norwich Half Marathon. We will be taking entries on the day (£12), but would much prefer runners to pre-enter if you can. If you can already cope with 8 miles by now, then you've a good chance of being ready by 15 June. We hope to see you then - good luck!
  • Options
    I entered this one online on this site a week or so ago, a couple of friends ran it last year but I had already entered another race for the same day and so couldnt.

See you all on 15th June, NN
  • Options
    NEVER done athing like this before but would like to give it ago as Im doing the G.N.R.Are there any plodders entering?dont really fancy making a tractorboy of myself........
  • Options
    TractorTractor ✭✭✭
    Appreciate i'm no oil painting, but I really think I should report Canary's photo as being offensive.

:-)
  • Options
    I will probably do it canary, and I'm a definate plodder (12 min miles). I haven't entered yet as I'm sick of training (FLM), but I'm sure I will end up doing it. You can't miss the local ones can you?

And ANDY, if you can do 8 miles, you will be fine for a half marathon. My longest run before my first half was 10 miles.
  • Options
    Now now boys, no need to bring footy into this :)

FGS, how are you, should have guessed that you would probably run this what with being a local.

NN
  • Options
    TRACTOR are you going to lower yourself and come to Naarridge and doo sum jargon,or do yer run bor.This int-huh-net is a roit loada skwit.