Options

Sports Bras - sizing

Can anyone recommend a good sports bra for someone who is a 34A - as most bras are for those who are B cups. Also where I might purchase one - either shop or online.

Comments

• Options
    I'm a 32A and had the same problem until i discoverd SportJock. They are crop-top style and come in loads of pretty colours!

I got mine from Wiggle who are linked on the right of this page.
  • Options
    I'm a 36AA, & Sportsjock are really good.
    Wiggle, or lessbounce.com (lessbounce have more colours).
  • Options
    I'll second and third and fourth all of the above. I suffered from chafing under the cups with standard sports bras who's stitching was a problem. I ran my first half marathon yesterday wearing a Sportsjock bra - bit worried as it was new and I know the golden rule on wearing new stuff before a race - but it was great! I am a 36A and I had no chafing or rubbing anywhere and even when wet so I would definately give it a go. I got mine online from sportsaver as they were cheaper than the other outlets. Happy running!!!
  • Options
    I've got a Sugoi Bridget bra that I find comfortable - I got it online from GirlsRunToo
  • Options
    I have a shockabsorber, it is really good. I am pretty sure this starts at an A cup. I have the opposite problem as I wear a 34F. Good luck in finding 1 sa they are one of the most important things you can buy.
  • Options
    Hi Morag

I'm a 34A in standard bras and found it difficult to find a bra to fit. I prefer traditional style bras. My sister-in-law who works in the lingerie of our local John Lewis offered to fit me properly. She got me to try 32B and I now have a ShockAbsorber and Berlei in this size. They are both great but the Shock Absorber wins by a narrow margin.
  • Options
    Hi Morag

I wear Shockabsorber and think they are very good. The compression style suits me as I am not "huge". Try the LessBounce website - they have a huge range, give full info on how to find your size and are quick at supplying. I always buy my bras from them.

Kazz
  • Options
    I'm a 34A and have been running in a M&S sports bra as I liked the idea of a cup style bra.I recently purchased their ultrasonic sports bra but I returned it a week later as the seams chafed.
    I e-mailed lessbounce,boobydoo and sheactive for their advice on smaller sizes and all replied with their advice.I found She active very helpful and I've now ordered some Falke and a Rohnisch(as these are reduced!)to try out.
    Most styles in the Shock absorber do not start at an A but I believe there is a crossoverback version (B999??) now available.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    I too am an A cup but find the Shockabsorber B works for me. I don't know the model number but the one I run is white, with black and red bits (I think Davina McColl wore it on the front of her fitness video). It is really comfortable and never chafes.

Kazz
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    hmmm.

Interesting paucity of contributions from helpful male forumites in here.

Hang on...

DOUBLE D CUP!!

[selects a bag of Twiglets and a lovely bottle of Thatcher's single varietal cider, and waits...]
  • Options
    Jj, this thread is linked to from the "What You're Missing On The Forum" article - I'm guessing they chose it for precisely that reason :-)
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Jj, are you suggesting that us men are fixated on large breasts and wouldn't be interested in a discussion about smaller breats?
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's just a case of breathing life into something...

the thread, the thread!
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
  • Options
    <wheels in the sofa and wipes all the PSP splashes and sweat stains after the tri talkers had sat on it>

Who had the beer ?

• Options
    I'm a 34AA and have enough trouble finding normal bras that fit. Running in crop tops is fine, but all the ones I have are cotton and I could wring them out after an hour! Where can I find a decent crop top that wicks away moisture, but doesn't require me to fill an A cup?
  • Options
    On the same theme - this is a really sill question though... I don't know what size I am exactly - it varies from bra to bra and from shop to shop when I go to get measured!! I measured myself last night like they do in the shops and I'm 30" under the breast and 34" including my boobs - can anyone help?

Ta!
  • Options
    Try www.boobydoo.co.uk a site dedicated to sprots bras! of all sizes
  • Options
    Just found this handy website which calculates your size:

http://www.double-d.com/fittingroom/fittingroom.html

Shocked to find I'm a 34A - am wearing 34B!!! Oops!

The article in this month's RW sparked this off for me, there were some handy hints in there.
  • Options
    Thanks for the site, Louise :-) Unfortunately, the size search chart only goes down to an A cup. Not that I'm surprised! I have the same problem in nearly every high street store...