Options

Scented Trainers

Hi,

I'm a Fashion Retail Management Student and intrested in what your thoughts maybe to scented trainers, socks and other foot perfume products to be used in collaboration with your trainers whilst training and racing. Would you be interested in a product like this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    When I was a teenager my mother probably would have loved something like that!

I'm probably not your target market (30's male) but I personally wouldn't bother.

Runners footwear tends to be very functional - I use socks that won't give me blisters and trainers that are comfortable and supportive. The trainers never get washed or hosed down as that might damage them and I avoid anything new that might give me problems - for example would a "perfume" product give me a rash? Why take the chance and miss a race?
  • Options
    would it work on trainers
    would it damage em?
  • Options
    foot perfume products

I run in bog/mud/sh*t so they would not work.
  • Options
    rubbish!
    My trainers have a nice outdoorsy muddy smell, & are daily doused in muddy swamps, which would totally overwhelm any delicate lemony breeze.
    Also, I'd be worried about allergies etc.
    I just want shoes that do the job & don't blister. I smell anyway when i'm running, there's no point in messing round with stuff to make my feet smell better when the rest of me, & anyone i'm running with, is covered in mud, sweat, rain & scratches.
    running's not meant to be elegant!
    (female, 22)
  • Options
    Not a chance ( male 46 aaagh)
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    The first thought that crossed my mind was "I'd probably come out in a rash", so I'm with the others on this - I doubt a perfume strong enough to de-niff a runner's trainers would be skin friendly.

For fashion trainers, however, you might have a chance. The make-up encrusted girlies at the gym who spend more time chatting than working out might like them (although it may clash with their perfume).

If you could come up with wicking clothes that you could wash at 30C and it came out smelling good, then you'd be on a winner.
  • Options
    Surely this is a fashion trainer thing. My trainers, like most peoples on here, smell of puddles and mud and normal outdoors smells. Running is about getting hot and smelly so you get the full benefit of a hot shower afterwards.
  • Options
    Sorry but what's the point?

They may appeal to gym bunnies; free-wheeling on an exercise bike reading "Glamour" won't be as demanding on those leisure shoes.

Running's a dirty job, and that's why I like it.

I may be weird but I like the fact running is smelly and muddy. No point having fragrant shoes if the rest of me smells like a dog that's been in the sea and dried out..
  • Options
    I think you might be onto a winner - people are becoming more obsessive about their smell - we've gone from a visit to the local bath house once a week to showering a couple of times a day and using up the worlds stocks of whatever they make deoderant out of at an ever increasing rate in the space of a couple of generations. Maybe if you say it's also anti bacterial you'd have even more success.

• Options
    Not something I would bother with. Maybe the female teenage market?

My trainers smell of roses anyway.
  • Options
    I really dont think my trainers smell at all ? I've usually got a few pairs under my desk and nobodys pointed it out ?
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    Sorry I wouldnt be interested at all...I dont like to wear excessive amounts of chemicals and whatnot...(so I stink like a brikkies armpit and have no friends!) so wouldnt want to put foot perfume on my feet or socks.

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    ....perhaps some unusual design running socks instead (colours etc) as there are heaps of vests and shorts....but most socks I ahve seen are generally quite bland?

I have seen flouro 'tread bear' ones with teddies on them whihc made me chuckle.

(male 30)

good luck
  • Options
    Yes, go for it. The way my shoes end up stinking, pretty much anything would be an improvement.