Options

Good physio in north/central London?

Hi, I have the dreaded plantar fasciitis and was told by my GP that she'd refer me to a physio but I might have to wait a while - apparently waiting lists are quite long here (as I guess they are everywhere), wondered if anyone could recommend a good physio in northwest or central London? I know there are loads around but would feel happier if I had a recommended one rather than picking one randomly off the internet! I'm Camden based if that helps... Thanks heaps for any help

Comments

• Options
    You might be better off seeing a podiatrist Deedee.

I went to Ann-Marie O'Connor at the BUPA Wellness Centre at the Barbican and she sorted my PF out.
  • Options
    Thanks Screamapillar, the only reason I asked about physios as that was what the GP had mentioned! I'll look her up, the sooner I can get back out and running the better - resting and icing and stretching hasn't made a huge difference - mind you I have 3 kids so 'resting' was taken with a pinch of salt... but I have drastically reduced my running miles! Thanks!
  • Options
    Hope you get it sorted soon Deedee.

Best wishes

SP
  • Options
    I spent hundreds of pounds on physio for my PF. It merely treated the symptoms but not the cause so any relief was short-lived.

A podiatrist sorted me out with orthotics and I'm back running half-marathons now.

• Options
    I saw Anne-Marie O'Connor at Bupa Wellness too - she's great, and the centre has physios and orthopaedic surgeons et al so if you need an alternative treatment she can refer you to her colleagues (I see all of the above for my knee problems)
  • Options
    Many thanks Poorly feet and Hannabelle, so it seems I'm off to see the pod, I just hope that Anne-Marie still works there! I seriously am getting fed up with this wretched PF! but you've all given me hope that I'm not a hopeless case and that I might be back - at least there might be a chance for the Great South Run (I've given up doing the Great Capital Run next month, sniff!) Thankyou so much, it really helps that you've given me a recommendation - and told me to see a podiatrist rather that a physio!
  • Options

I've used Camden Physio Clinic in the past and they have been very good.

More details: Camden Physio and Pilates Clinic

• Options

I've also tried Camden Physio, but the best experience I had is with Cristina Vasilica Vizitiu from CA Medical Physio in London. I have visited her many times over the years and she has always managed to solve my issues and I didn't have to spend hundreds of pounds on the treatment.