Options

Trainer repairs options

Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows a good way to repair  the lining of trainers. I bough a new pair of Asics GT2140's and within a month and 5-6 runs i have a hole in the lining of the heal. My previous pair of the same lasted ages!

The shop wont replace them so i'm looking to prelong their life and make my £70 a bit further! image

a fabric like slippy tape maybe

Cheers
Chris

Comments

• Options
    Chris, if the shop wont entertain your complaint get in touch with Asics UK. Their customer service is excellent and are normally willing to replace faulty goods if it's a manufacturing fault. Get in contact through the Asics.co.uk website.
  • Options

thanks, i'll try with them

-C

• Options
    Alternatively, their are curved plaster-like products that will stick inside the heel designed to reduce slippage that might cover the affected area if the hole is not too big. Scholl, IIRC, e.g.
  • Options
    I love my 2140's and am on my 4th pair but suffer the same problem, I thought it was just me!!!! I'll have a word with the shop I get them from..
  • Options

I have a bony bit on my right heel consistently creating a hole in the lining of every running shoe I've ever owned.
    Usually it doesn't affect comfort, but one pair had a particularly hard heel counter which caused my heel to blister badly long before the sole had gone so I just drilled a hole in the counter to avoid it rubbing my heel. Squeezed at least another 250 miles out of that pair.

I tried SteveC's suggestion first on that pair, but couldn't get them comfortable and then I just happened to walk past them with a cordless drill in my hand and one thing lead to another...