Options

Wave Creation 11 or Nimbus 11??

I'm looking to replce my much loved New Balance 1063's (with which i use orthotics).

1064's have got bad press, so it's between Asics Gel Nimbus 11's (going cheap as the 12's are just out) and Wave Creation 11's...

Anyone got any advice? Used both? Run in either in orthotics?

I'm pretty heavy (15st) and 6' 1" just in case it has any bearing!

Any comments/help gratefully recieved!

Comments

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭

Hi Scott,

I run in Nimbus - have had 10s, 11s and now on 12s. I'm female, so I'm sure there are subtle differences between mine and the male version, but have not experienced any problems using orthotics in them. Not tried anything other than Asics so can't help on the Wave, but sure someone else will be able to offer thoughts.

• Options

Many Thanks Clag...!

At least i know Nimbus work with orthotics... A lot don't...

Cheers

Scott

• Options

HI Scott

I'm on my 2nd pair of Nimbus 11 having trained through last summer and finished the Loch Ness Marathon ...

I'm 13 1/2 stone and 6 foot tall

I found that I had to go up a half a size size on my 2nd pair as I was getting a blister on the top of my middle toe - bit strange really as it feels that there is more than enough room in the toe box

Soles have worn with expectations though and I'm now looking for pair no 3 ,,,,thoroughly recommend though .... hope this helps

chris

• Options

Does indeed Chris, Thank You!

No one seems to have a bad word about Asics...Hmmm.... :0)

• Options
    Using Nimbus 11's with orthotics, and very happy! 6'4, 78kg (whatever that is in stone - I think 12 and a bit)