Options

1/1/11

Winds on through the hills for fifteen days

I hope its not the prize were gettin this year 

Happy new year all

All the best again for the targets for 2011.

I dont like new years eve - i do like a party but i think there's a lot of nonsense goes on on NYE.

That aside, its time to look forward, not back!

Comments

• Options
    Happy New Year Paddy,

It hasn't really started here yet but we're partying with a family game of Cluedo! I know how to live life in the fast lane image

Anyway currently typing with left hand and won't be running for few weeks - skiing collision has left me with a separated shoulder joint, not how I planned starting 2011! However, it really could have been much worse so I am trying to be grateful!

Have fun all!
  • Options

New year.

Another year gone from your life.

Another year closer to death.

Yeah, lets all celebrate.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Could not sleep at all and don't drink. Have spent the night studying swimming !!! My alarm to get up goes off in 1hr 32 mins.

What: 2 x parkruns and probably nothing else
    Why: why not
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: 12 days
    Lyrics: No

Happy New Year
  • Options

Happy New Year.

Sorry to hear about your accident CB - hope you can keep the positive attitude.

NZC - great to have you back. Hope you had a good run with Mae. Do you have any races planned?

Postie - hope there are no repercussions from your 8 miler.

What:                 short, easy run with husband and dog.
    Why:                   start the year as you mean to go on.
    Last hard:         7/11.
    Last rest:           28/12.

Lyrics - I don't.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Morning and a Happy New Year peeps.

What:3M Easy, as thighs are very stiff this morning.

Why: Dunno, but good to get out anyway.

Lyrics: Not sure.

Back later.

• Options

G'day.

Rest day today as i'm in danger of starting to talk about a streak and vets Xc tomorrow. I'll have to lug the extra 1/2 stone around.

From then on its focus on VLM with first target 1/2 M on 15 Jan

• Options
    Seems like as good a day as any to say hello.

Happy new year to you all

What: 8 miles including parkrun

Why: Seemed like a great way to start the New Year (& have my 1st half marathon in 3 weeks)

Last rest: 26/12

Lyrics: no
  • Options

CB69 image - does not sound like fun at all. wishing you a speedy recovery. hope you won the Cluedo. image

Lardarse - cheeful as ever, good to see that some things nver change. image

Hello JEB1974, yeah does seem like a great way to start 2011. Good luck for your HM - and Paddy.

Happy New Year All.

What - easy jog round the block but shin really painful.
    Why - just to see and xc tomorrow.

Lyrics - seem appropriate to me.

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning (just) Happy New Year

CB - hope you get fixed soon, sounds horrid but yes could have been worse

Bed at 1:30 woke at 11:00 sorry Gobi if i nicked some of your sleep

What: 8 miles
    Why: Because
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics No

• Options

Happy New Year All!

Still a bit dazed and confuzed, but I now have a job with a seriously massive pay cut, and it's near AFD so I may be able to train with Charlotte Purdue image  Managed to string about 40m together this week, so mabe it's time to look forward?

• What:  10m
    • Why:  new year
    • Last Hard:  2010
    • Last Rest: 2010

Have a good one!

• Options

I've been reluctant to post on here as I've got back into my running post injury. Didn't want to jinx it but I'm 4 weeks into my Brighton Marathon training and things are (touch wood) going ok so here I am. Hello all!

What: MLR 15

Why: Schedule

Last hard: Today counts right?

Last rest: yesterday

Happy New Year and have a great day.

• Options

Afternoon! Happy New Year to all! Hope we all have a good one, and injury free (although CB hasn't made a good start on that front...having had two broken shoulders and an op in the last few years you have my sympathy).

AF: a jobs a job...must try to get some work myself (will only be doing a couple of hours a week spasmodically for Uni at present)

What: 46 mins slooow, largely off road
    Why: that constitutes a long slow run. Trying to get fit enough to train rather than run.

Last hard: Thurs
    Last rest: 2009

Lyrics: nope

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Hello all

I was at a party last night and someone told me I was looking healthy.  That got me worried so i weighed myself this morning and 12 stone on the dot - which is a stone above race weight.

What:  6m easy

Why:  Fat bastard.

Last Hard:  Long time ago.

Have a good new year -  2010 was below average.

• Options
    Moraghan wrote (see)

I was at a party last night and someone told me I was looking healthy.  That got me worried so i weighed myself this morning and 12 stone on the dot - which is a stone above race weight.

Yep. Over Christmas I was told that I was 'looking healthier than before' and that these people had been concerned over my weight las time they saw me (in July).

I was a stone lighter and it was the day before my 10k PR.

• Options
    Evening all,

Happy new year all. It's a nice looking date, actually.

veester, good to see you, hoping all goes well.

AF a jobs a job for all that. Some pay is better than none, and I am sadly too well acquainted with what happens to a head when it has not the structure of a job to go to. Great to see you back. Stick around.

alehouse, hope you can find something that suits to fill the purse, or at least put beans and toast on the table.

Moraghan - a lot of us will be embracing a certain austerity in the early weeks of this year!

CB - ouch! hope it mends quickly.

Me? A ramble with Mr. S and others, in a fine mizzle, Reasonably pleased with that because it was five hours on feet, and PF was not unduly troublesome. Was wearing hiking boots, which have no cushioning, but do give considerable ankle support/immobilisation. Might attempt jogging gently tomorrow. Either that or get on the bike if the weather is any better.

take care all.
  • Options
    and welcome JEB!
  • Options
    TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭

Evening folks.

Ouch CB69.

Good luck tomorrow Paddy.

Hi veester. What was the injury?

Good to see you getting back to it and sounding sane again AF ;-)

What: nothing.
    Why: rest day - will be taking one after my 'hard' day next week too as part of maintaining control/caution.
    Last hard: yesterday.
    Last rest: Tuesday.
    Lyrics: yep.

Took Jr #1 to see London Irish in the rugby today - we have a mini season ticket - covers 5 games, today being the first. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the last minute, so he was a touch put out, but still a good day out.

I'm looking forward to starting to focus on my running/health from tomorrow - I've had enough junk/overly rich food over the last week or so to do me until next Christmas tbh, so will quite happily jump back on the proper healthy living train image

• Options

ZaTTu - my left knee just seemed to pack in one day. Then would feel fine but pack in after 3+ miles. Several physios, lots of money, lots of exercises, and a new pair of shoes later, I'm not encountering it again although I'm ultra paranoid about it so I'm always thinking its about to go during a run. I think it was caused by weak quads - been working on them - and super flat feet that isn't/wasn't apparent in my treadmill assessments in the past (apparently I run like I'm a neutral runner but physio and shop now think my lack of arch demands support).

That's about it. Hopefully its in the past but won't be taking risks with it. 

• Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Happy new year everyone!

Nice to see a few familar faces, and welcome JEB.

NZC, I'm sure you'll ease back into it once the weather gets more bearable and you have a new target to focus on.

Brilliant to hear it's going well Veester *touches wood*

Also sounds like improvement on your part Stickless, fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear your news though CB, wishing you a speedy recovery.

AF, good news on the job even if it's not ideal circumstances. Onwards and upwards for 2011.

Moraghan, the phrase 'you're looking well' always has me gritting my teeth. So, according to some people I look somehow 'healthier' when my normal pace leaves me breathless and my arse is the size of a small country... not when I'm a bit on the skinny side, but hitting PBs at every distance. I know they mean well but it's a sad sign of what society has come to class as the norm.

ZaTTu, I was on mebeverine for a while but because it's a chronic condition I just manage it with my diet - fatty foods are a big trigger for me, and it's even worse with stress.

Good luck with your XCs tomorrow Paddy and BSPM.

What: 5 miles easy

Why: 'Cos it's Saturday

Last hard: Tearing myself away from Desperate Housewives

Last rest: 30/12

Lyrics: Nope

Main targets for 2011: Two marathons, and to break 3:15.

• Options
    Evening all!

Quick post to wish you all a happy new year from my sofa in Cornwall. Mr beest and I went for a run this morning, so now we're watching the iPlayer and having copious cups of tea and a drop of port every now and then to counter-balance the healthy stuff image

What: 3.5M for me (and 4.9 for him, he's faster and fitter than me???)
    Why: seemed as good a day as any
    Last hard: Tuesday's tempo run with the club (though my pride was hurt on Wednesday when I kissed the asphalt right in the town centre where a coach was unloading...)
    Last rest: Th. and Fri

Hope you all have a good year, and speedy recovery to CB. That sounds very very painful (I've had a few dislocations in my shoulder so you have my sympathy)
  • Options

Happy new year everyone!

I totalled 3300kilometers or about 2050 miles for the year 

CB - shame about the crash, hope healing is quick image

Hi JEB

Paddy - you must fancy your chances in the vets xc?

What - 5k tempo run at the track - done in a mostly smooth 18:03 

Why - prepare body & mind

Lyrics - yes image

• Options

Happy New Year Everyone!

What:  5+ miles easy
    Why:  Building it back
    Last hard:  Last year sometime pre-now...
    Last rest:  4 days

Aiming to do some sort of training, albeit token non-running stuff on rest days, every day for as long as possible in 2011.  Will be tricky tomorrow, as I'm helping out at out club's 10K, but I'll manage something.