Options

Compression tights ???

hi
I have been reading lots about compression tights lately, I have another ultra race at the weekend and have treated myself to some 2XU elite compression tights.

Do people think these actually aid recovery like it states ??
Also would you recommend running in them or just use them for recovery ??

I looked at skins compression tights but I have a couple of there tops and find they bobble and wear very easily so tried something different

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    I find it really difficultto run in compression tights but like them for recovery - I'm convinced they make a difference but so does protein, good cool down and stretching
  • Options
    I've looked into the research on this and so far they have only been proven to aid in recovery.  I wear them after long runs but have never actually tried running with them on.
  • Options

All the science points to yes, even the tops which keep your back a bit straighter. There's an article in either this months runners world or mens running that explains why and how.

The downside is the extra heat you may have to deal with and the adjustments in needing to take on extra water.  I only really use them in the winter because of that. 

• Options
    I love them...have splurged and have many sets - Sugoi, Skins and Orca. Sugoi comes out tops for me, Agree that the Skins bobble and the stitching has started to go. I use them for running - as a girly I find everything jiggles a little less!
  • Options
    In winter I train in Orca or 2XU compression tights. I also wear Skins tights for recovery. Personally I think compression tights are very good especially if you are doing regular long runs. They help on the run itself and afterwards I believe I suffer less DOMS. I rate 2XU very highly.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your comments, I went for the 2XU elite. I wore these for the 50mile and now I am convinced there fantastic !!
    I had pretty much no DOMs the next day and my legs felt fantastic for the whole race image
  • Options

Also a 2XU convert. I have some sets of skins but find the shorts 'roll up' and other bits have bobbled easily.  I thought the rolling up shorts was due to me having the wrong size, so at the VLM expo I went to the stall and asked, but the sales guy said I had the right size and maybe try buying their newer range which might be better. He showed me a pair of the newer shorts and they were the same as the ones I already  had (which I had brought from the Sweatshop website).

Anyway long and rather boring story short - I have some 2XU shorts which are the same length and have never had that problem. image