Options

Talkback: Saucony Grid Type A4

Is this shoe suitable for running a marathon (not for training - just for the race itself) or is the cushoining insufficient?

Comments

• Options
    Ian MIan M ✭✭✭
    People ran marathons before the existence of cushioning, and still run them without cushioning.
    So, I guess the question is more - do *you* need the cushioning? For which my answer is - I haven't a clue.
  • Options
    Nick
    For what its worth
    I have Saucony Guide 4's and two long runs later won't be using them either for marathon or long slow runs. Its the only shoe I have which causes blistering. I am not heavily built.Adidas S'nova 3s don't seem to have too much cushioning either. May have to turn to Nike Luanrglide2s again!
  • Options
    Gridtype A4 is generally designed for up to 10km, but if you have excellent running technique you can run a marathon in these as well. It all depends on your running style and ability. If your a newbie for example for long distance running, and only have run in cushioned shoes before, then I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Options
    I would say you need to be sub 2.45 and under 70 kilos to run a marathon in these shoes, but everyone is different. I use a5 for 10k but don't think I would like to run a half in them let alone a marathon!!