Options

Tuesday 17th July 2012

Morning you lot

Yesterdays lyrics:'Start me up' by the Rolling Stones.

Todays lyrics':Forty winks in the lobby, make mine a G&T'

What:4M Easy.

Why: My legs felt a bit stiff.

Sunny image when out. Nice July morning up here in West of Scotland.

House is quiet without the 2 boys

Back later

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Blisters 'come on Bradley' started my day with a smile - thank you.

birkmyre - best day of the week here too, in fact the only dry one we're forecast.

What:             short LSR
    Why:              running a local 10k on Friday which will get miles either side too
    Last hard:       two rubbish sessions yesterday
    Last rest:        11/6

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning...and not a very good one: wet, wet, wet!

What: almost certainly nothing.
    Why: I think everyone knows why

7D: I will be marshalling around the centre of the course near the children's playground on Thurs. I will be wearing a yellow Sale Harriers marshalling bib (and will try to remember to wear a red Beijing Olympics cap). Come and say hello!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Alehouse: I shall certainly say hello if I see you. I'll be wearing a red Lakeland Trails shirt.

Thanks to all for the HM encouragement. Back on the training for 8/9 weeks now (parkrun and Thursday 5k aside). 6M slow after work methinks.

Need Google for the lyrics, though I know the song.

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Quiet isn't it Has everyone fled the country

LMH Good luck this Friday

What: 15 mins out and back
    Why: something with pace
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Lyrics no

was going to do Fartlek but decided on out and back just one road to cross ok on the out stopped 13 seconds on te way back, but still got home in 28:50

• Options

Evening from a wvery wet Erskine.

Walked Geordie and got soaked.

Yup it is quiet.

• Options

Thanks Pammie but I'm not racing - just supporting a local race by incorporating a 10k in between a few miles there and back. I'm not in racing shape - and the ground isn't going to be conducive to a good time either as it's run on grass and trails. Actually I must check the website in case it's cancelled.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Alehouse: having trouble getting entry form for Sizzler, emailed the person suggested on UK Results but had nothing. Know where I can find one?

• Options

Evening.

2kswim d&d am

4 mile run d&d am

40 mile cycle pm

Thats a good day!!

Ale - Thoughts with you man - remember your'e still a runner!!

Next Tri - Killarney late August.

More wetsuit shopping tomorrow!

• Options

Paddy, that sounds like a very big day to me.
    LMH, good luck in Friday's 10k.

Today I went to the pool and tried to swim with a shorter crawling type stroke with faster turnover, rather than a full windmill. This seemed to work rather well in terms of energy requirements and speed. Of course it soon degenerated and became ragged, but I do think that there's something there to work on. Each length felt a bit quicker than before, but I did have rest periods of a few seconds at each end, yet finish my 1000m in a similar time to previously.

In other news, I have (rather nervously) entered my first ever triathlon at Malmesbury on 26th August. Guessing my various times was a bit of a laugh. Do you think that an hour is over optimistic?

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Paddy: yes, I'm a runner! That's the problem (as well as being a cricket fan, which is currently a weather related problem!)...in the next life I will come back as a darts or snooker player I think!

7D: have you tried this link...
    http://www.race-results.co.uk/onlineentries/user/login.php?raceid=1009

Actually, most people enter on the night, but try to get there reasonably early.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Paddy: as Blisters says, that's a pretty decent day's work! And Blisters, I see you have put an hour down for the tri. Which bit is that for: the transitions?

• Options

Link has expired for Thursday, I'll turn up on the night. Should be there pretty early, aye. Cheers.

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Lyrics familur.....

Rest day here, very tired...

Off to bed...

Take care

• Options

Ale

I thought that I was being ridiculously conservative with my estimate of an hour. Now that you have prompted me to investigate, I see that in 2011 an hour would have got 3rd place.
    I was thinking 13 min swim (400m), 20 min bike, 20 min run, and 5 for transitions. Now that I've written it down I don't have much confidence in cycling at 30mph average. It looks like 40min for the bike would have been better. I'm sure that they'll think I'm a nooby plonker anyway.