Options

Illegally downloading films, games, Music - your views?

13»

Comments

• Options

Umm, I think I agree with Ric F but Im not entirely sure what he just said .........

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    Mr A nonymous wrote (see)

Umm, I think I agree with Ric F but Im not entirely sure what he just said .........

Umm, me neither, I clearly need to increase my medication.

🙂

• Options

Illegally downloading a movie is no more immoral (or more moral) than picking up a pair of levi jeans in a shop, putting a £5 note on the counter and running away with them.  A fiver more than covers the physical and distribution costs.  The rest of the cost is profit for the big companies and their evil institutional investors (which the press always conveniently forgets are mostly pension funds, otherwise it would be much less of a sensational story "company honours its duty to maximise returns to retired teachers"...) and paying for the time of workers which is irrelevant because they would spend that time irrespective of whether you buy the movie/jeans

somebody said that downloading is a good thing when the entertainment industry produces banal crap like .  Err, that's why.  There was a much wider choice on offer and more to appeal to a diverse range of tastes when people actually bought records.  The fact that nobody buys music any more means that commercial producers will generally only back performing monkeys with no artistic input to offer (ie  they won't rock the boat) and no scope to claim royalties.  (I forget the precise stats, but it's something like: a number 1 single in the uk in the 70s had to sell 250,000 copies to get there... Today it's something like 20,000)

• Options

Sorry, _banal crap like (insert name of manufactured singer)_