Options

Bupa London 10,000 - Monday 27 May 2013

Comments

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

from what i can see Runner78, 8.30 sounds a decent arrival time, certainly won't be too late!

The more ready you can arrive, the less time you have to mess about doing stuff.

Red B will be the 2nd fastest pen out of the 9. I'd guess you must have to be sub 40 at the slowest to get in there, possibly even sub 38.

Doubt there's shower facilities unless you're in some VIP tent, or work nearby!

• Options
    SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭

I'm now not running tomorrow as have knee trouble but my number is red B. I think I put 45 mins as my estimated finish time when I entered last year, although I've since run faster. Runner 78, if you are aiming for 40 mins or less, I would get yourself right to the front of the pen. I did this when I ran it last year (think I was in blue A) and it made it much easier to get into my race pace sooner. I made it my mission to overtake as many red Cs as I could! I didn't find it too bad last year in terms of the congestion, especially given the numbers running. I think having the starts in different waves really helps.

• Options

Runner78 - I know a few from my club who are in Red B and have previously ran sub 38! So it could be a fast pen! Also I think 8.30 arrival time will be fine.

Going to get all my stuff ready now, so excited! image. Will look out for the sandhurst runners StevieG!   Good luck everyone for tomorrow image

• Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Good luck everyone - leaving shortly.  Training shot to pieces in the last 3 weeks due to a family bereavement -just going to get round today image

• Options
    Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

That was a lot of fun. image

• Options

Nice run, but it seemed extremely crowded, and I reckon there were a hell of a lot of people in the wrong pens, judging by the slow trot some ahead of me were doing and the amazing numbers of people walking after only a few km.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Seemed a bit hit and miss who was in what section, chap next to me in Red A said he was 44mins!

Seemed plenty of people to bypass even from that pen, so further back must have been a world of pain!

• Options

Hi guys does anyone know when our times will be available on the main Bupa website?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

soon hopefully...save me continually refreshing it!

• Options

Hard one to call. I overtook loads from Red A but then I was also overtaken by runners from Red C and a few Blues I think? Overall a really well organised and atmospheric race. Very bad stitch at mile 2 (never got stitch in a 10k race before!!!) cost me I think. Awaiting chip time....

• Options
    Lisa123Lisa123 ✭✭✭

Results are now live image

• Options
    Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

My slowest time ever, which I knew it would be but I got a 2 mins negative split. That will do me. See you all next year. This is my favourite race of the year. Great to see Mo heading back down the embankment in the opposite direction. 

Hope you faster runners got the times you wanted. I admit this may be one for those of us who don't take things quite so seriously (apart from the elites of course!). 

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

it's funny the mixed feelings we have as runners isn't it.

35.08 today, which is 38secs slower than the pb set in March, but looking just below in the results, some guys who are normally a good 45-60secs ahead.

Have to take the positives. Has to to be the highest quality field I've ever raced in. That was 167th place today!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Hope you faster runners got the times you wanted. I admit this may be one for those of us who don't take things quite so seriously (apart from the elites of course!). 

Can understand why you say that now...quite hot, quite twisty course, quite congested at times even in Red pen A, and not as fast as "flat" should be. Enjoyed it though, but probably wouldn't do it if I had to pay image

• Options

Is everyones elses chip time correct. My watch timed me at 48m 20s which I started exactly as I crossed the line both ways. The only thing I can think is because I started literally right at the front of Blue C they called us across the mats and then made us wait a bit longer for the wave in front to clear. Surely they didn't start the chips and then make us wait??

• Options
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

it's funny the mixed feelings we have as runners isn't it.

35.08 today, which is 38secs slower than the pb set in March, but looking just below in the results, some guys who are normally a good 45-60secs ahead.

Have to take the positives. Has to to be the highest quality field I've ever raced in. That was 167th place today!

Well done Stevie image

• Options

So my first ever running event & my time was 1h 07:46.

In terms of photos there is only one of me so far. In general how many should I be expecting to choose from?

• Options

Depends how visible your number was Jonathan and where you were in relation to the photographers.

They usually manage to catch you four or five times but it's not guaranteed.

I've been in races where my number was obscured and haven't had any - not that I want them, to be honest.

• Options

Ahhhhhhhh 40:02!!!

Coming just over a week after a 5k PB of 18:07 I was certain of a sub 40. Frustrating as its a nice flat course. Think I lost about 20-30 seconds when I got stitch. Pain was horrendous and surprised I didn't stop. Next 10k has a massive hill so think I will have to wait. Great day anyway and wefond one to everyone who achieved there targets!

10k is officially the hardest distance! ( Although I'm yet to experience the big 26.2 ) image

• Options

Well done I meant! 

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

ah heck..the photos....i best go and brave them image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

phew nothing up yet...

• Options

I am not convinced the pens were correct.

I put Jr and Dad of Jr down as a predicted sub-60 finish and they were Green A.  I was Green B with a predicted time far far slower than one-step down from them.

They said they were continually overtaking Blue C's and B's and indeed finished at 58:xx

• Options

Same as Big Slow Tel. My chip time is 7-8 seconds out and we were also asked to wait on the mat for about that time. 

• Options
    NonstickNonstick ✭✭✭

39.49 for me, found that very hard, had wind against me on the way back along the embankment and was really suffering. Pulled myself together and finished well, not a PB, but given the heat, tight turns and wind, I was not disappointed as I have had so many injuries this year it was nice to run pain freeish. Great day out, very likely be there again next year for a fourth finishers medal

• Options

My time is about 3 minutes out Pascal, which is also about the time we were held back, really fed up because I beat my old pb by over a minute but don't have an 'official' record of it.image

• Options

That is gutting. Call them tomorrow. They open at 9. There is no way to email them from what I see. Results are up on runbritain and Power of 10 but the Gun time and Chip time make it clear in all these cases what has happened. My one says I had a gun time of 37.51 and a chip time of 36.38 when I went from the front row in zone B red so that is impossible. They gave me the gun time of the first group. 

• Options

I don't even seem to have a result image luckily I was a little off my PB! I  put a lot of effort in though and it would be nice to get an official time!, it just didnt seem like it was a fast course maybe because of the conditions.  I started in RedC which im not sure whether that was correct or not but i had the same issue with being held up and people walking after 2k.  It was a nice day though and I finished with a lady from the Sandhurst crowd and we had a nice chat at the end image

• Options
    trigger2trigger2 ✭✭✭

Happy to finish today.  Garmin had me at 1.01 but results say 1.02.26 and it could have been a lot worse.  Started in Blue B and saw people walking from 2k onwards - how can they be in pens ahead?  Never mind - will be back next year. Have done every year (except the first year when I was on baggage duty). image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Claire, no chip time, or no time full stop? Saw a few people who only had a gun time in the results.

Agree with you, for a flat course, it's not quite as fast as you'd hope, some pretty twisty bits, and then the warmth.

Ever done Yateley out of interest? I haven't and wonder what it's like...i should really know I guess!