Options

Park run time

For the last few weeks I've been running different park runs with my dad. My first time was 25:37, The second week my time was 22:52, and the Saturday just passed I ran a PB of 21:55. I am 15 years old and I have only recently started running. Can someone please give me any tips and tell me their opinions on my times? the park run I did this week was bognor Regis and I came 20th. I'm debating whether or not to sign up for a club. Thanks, Finlay

Comments

• Options

If you look at the results you will see a column for 'age grade' with a percentage. That's a useful way to see if you think your time is good for your age. You can also look at different parkruns' histories and records to see what the fastest times for your age group are (20:07 for Bognor Regis).

If you enjoy running, you will benefit from joining a club with a proper junior section no matter what your level is. If there is a club near you that has a junior section of course there will be boys faster than you, but they'll have been doing it for longer and you'll improve, having already made a decent start. They'll probably have you running shorter distances and trying different events, too.

• Options
    Thanks, I'm just wondering if it is a good time. Because I saw one one of the park runs some in the category JM 11-14 Ran a time of 17:37 and his age grade was only 75%. I think I'm going to sign up for a club today.
  • Options

It looks like a decent time to me, especially for a beginner. Also, 75% age grading is quite high, and 80% is considered very good indeed.