Options

How many trialthetes don't front crawl

2»

Comments

• Options
    nah, he only did 2 lengths in that time.image
  • Options

TT and MrW

I was not serious about the swiming without someone around in case a rescue is needed so don't worry.

Colin

• Options

Colin, having done two triathlons doing breaststroke it is certainly feasable but it is not the easiest thing to do in a wetsuit.  They are designed to keep you streamlined in FC.

But I did BS for confidence.  Am now having coaching to improve my FC technique.  But are you sure it takes you an hour to do 1500m?  I am very slow and managed 44 mins in Breaststroke so am sure you must be quicker than that.

• Options
    I was beaten in a 1000m pool swim by a friend swimming BS (I was swimming FC) but I kick his @rse on the bike because his legs were too tired.  He would normally have cycled faster than me but I left him for dead.
  • Options

Get the TI DVD - you'll be amazed at what you can do.

18months ago I couldn't even manage 25m of front crawl.  I can now do 750m in 13:30 which I'm quite pleased with.

• Options

Rio,

I suspect that my counting was not accurate, I lose track of how many lengths I have done after about 10!  I wouldn't guarante that I am any faster than your times though.

I might have to try the lunchtime BS session again because it was at least a year ago.  I'll have to work out some way of keeping count of the lengths more reliably than in my head!  I could just start at the same time as someone else in the lane and ask them, how far they have gone when they finish.

I have more inclination to do a BS session than another pool 'drinking' session of FC, although I do need to persevere with this, after October.  I do not want to get distracted until after I have done a marathon I am currently training for.

Colin

• Options
    Isn't there some kind of thing a bit like a knitting counter (that fits on the end of a needle) that you could use?