Options

FLM Training: Sezz

Comments

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Thanks for your good luck messages guys.  The support is really very much appreciated. image

This week's update - Steve says "she is following it so seemingly easily, I wonder if it's challenging enough!"  !!!  image

LOL!  I can assure you it is most definitely challening enough image

Thanks for the note about Sunday, Steve.  You beat me to it, as I was going to ask how I should run it.  Starting at 9:30:  is quite daunting but I shall give it a go but there's a little hill in the first couple of mills. 

• Options

good luck for sunday sezz ,

i am doing the liversedge half marathon ( in yorkshire!) the following week so i am really interested in how you do !

• Options

God luck Sezz - with your excellent run last week you will be fine.

I also managed nearly 13 miles last Saturday (out Sat night and expected a hangover Sunday) but had a bad week this week with my hip aching so only 6 miles on Monday and 3.5 miles today - trying to save myself for the 14 miler on Sunday. I am doing the Brands Hatch Half next Saturday and have heard horrors stories about the camber!!!

Keep up the brilliant progress!

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Have a good run Sezz, hope the weather is kind for you. I have the prospect of a relative stroll in the Dewsbury 10k - 9am start!

Chuffing freezing up here!
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Thanks Wardi, hope your 10k goes well too.

Another beautiful day down here - perfect weather for running image

Going back to the weight thing we were discussing a few weeks ago, I weighed myself on Mum's scales yesterrday and they said 9 st 10.5lbs, which is what they usually say.   So am very happy that I haven't put on weight and in fact I think I've lost a centimetre or two around the hips and thighs - probably not noticeable to anyone, but I notice.  I've been making big effort to just eat normally whilst cutting down on chocolate (can't cut it out completely!!) and eating more fruit and less wheat.  Previously I might have thought that I had to eat loads just coz I was going out for a 4 mile run but I know now that I can still eat sensibly yet still have plenty of fuel to keep me going.  image

• Options

Well done on the weight maintenance and trimmer figure, Sezz. I know what you mean - you can just feel that clothes are less snug. I think my weight has stayed just about the same too.

Lovely weather so far down here today - hope it will be like this for your race tomorrow.

• Options

Hope you have a great race tomorrow Sezz . . and everybody else who's racing or running too image
  • Options

Just seen the results online for you and FF -

YEEHAAA

Well done image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Still waiting for the official results but it's looking like it could be fairly close to my PB on the chip imageimage. Current PB is 2:05:33 and I think today's chip time should be 20-30 seconds off that. 

Fat Face was a few minutes off his PB but happy nonetheless.

Good grief!  I'd forgotten how undulating Watford is!  Someone please remind to do a flat marathon one day. 

It was a cold but bright start but the wind was only noticeable going up the first hill at 3.5 miles and again in the last couple of miles.  I tried not to let everyone else's fast start affect me and I held back, aiming to stick at 9:30 pace.  However, I obviously didn't hold back enough as my first mile was just a shade over 9:00.  The next two miles were also below 9:30 and I really thought that I'd pay for going off so quickly.  The first hill is at 3.5m and I managed to run all the way up it but the next couple of hills beat me and I have to admit to walking a few steps at the top.  Thanks though to the grey haired guy from 26.2 RC - you didn't know it but you kept me going up those hills image.  I did a couple of miles at a smidgeon over 10:00 but they were miles including hills.

The hill just before 8 miles was tough but there's a lovely long down hill straight aftewards followed by a long flat along the valley.  I had a chuckle when  I saw I'd done 09:00 for that mile.  I really made the most of the downhills and the flat. 

I had a gell (High 5 Raspeberry, very palatable) at 9 miles and this gave me a nice kick for the last 4 miles. There's a nasty little hill in the 12th mile which is so not needed at this time but at the top of this hill you turn back into Cassiobury Park where the start and finish is.  Fat Face was a bit suprised to see me quite so soon!   (Btw, FF described it as 13.1 mile hill interval session!! LOL).

The last mile includes a lap round the park which is just plain mean!  But the final home stretch is very slightly downhill and I found a gear I never knew I had before for the last 400m.

As I crossed the line I suddenly felt very sick and couldn't focus! image.    But a minute later and I was fine and rather happy at my time.  My Garmin time is deffo a PB but I'm waiting for the official chip time and will post that as soon as I know it. 

A PB or not, I'm definitely back to my best and very happy about it too.  Those speedwork sessions have really paid off! image

• Options

http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/0/659xsmvk808yx.gif

Well done Sezz!!! Look out London! 

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    LOL!  Thanks Little Engine.image
  • Options

well done Sezz

superb running - well done.

You can get below two hours on a faster course in the next few months

• Options

Good Running , Sezz

I think that saw you in the hall before the race but was n't sure so did n't say hello.  There was alot of hills was n't there. I thought the one at about midway was just plain mean , it went straight down and straight back up there was n't any flat in between at all. image

• Options

Yaaaaay Sezz image

Well done, you.

I've very fond memories of that race!!!! image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

YIIIIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Chip time - 2:05:04

PB by 29 seconds.

imageimageimage

eLBee, I still had your voice in my head telling me how to run up the hills, and how to catch up people on the last lap!!  image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Week 7, Day 1

REST DAY!  Hurrah!

Definitely need a huge rest after yesterday's exertions.  Actually, my legs feel fine although my right foot, mid way down on medial sie has been throbbing.  It feels ok now but I'll be rolling my foot around on a golf ball today to massage it. 

I'm extremely tired, but I think that's because I didn't have such a good night's sleep - a combination of the cat sitting on my head most of the night and knowing that Fat Face had to get up very very early to drive back home for 10am coz he's starting a new job today image

Steve, tomorrow's efforts are hills!   I think I've had enough hills for one year, after yesterday image.   Will my legs have had enough rest to do these hills tomorrow?  And what sort of hill exactly should I do - there's all sorts round here - long and steep, long and shallow, short and sharp, etc. 

Right, I need breakfast  - I'm ravenous!!

Hope everyone else had good runs this weekend.

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Many congrats Sez, nice to see your training paying dividends. Pesky cat BTW!
  • Options

Tried to get on yesterday to see how you'd done, but kept getting the red screen. Congratulations!! A fantastic effort.

I was out on the gravel trails of the New Forest, at a FAR more sedate pace. Still, 12 miles completed at 11:14 average pace, so pleased enough. I slept for nine hours last night! By the time I'm up to the really long runs I'll be spending half my life in bed.

Hope FF had a good trip back, and the new job goes well.

• Options

Well done Sezz.

Did a 15.5 run yesterday in 2.33. Still too fast for a LSR

• Options
    well done fabulous effort !is it a bit odd all these people looking at your progress like a lab specimen!!!!
  • Options

Yep, I got back safe and sound. Ta very much.

Basically, I've totally changed career and I've recently qualified as a personal trainer and sport massage therapist and I've just started as a freelance PT in a local gym. It's really rather nerve racking because I haven't worked for over 2 years and it's a complete career change and at times I fell like I know nothing at all. Being freelance has advantages and disadvantages. I can work me own hours, but if I don't get any clients then I don't get paid.

• Options

FF, it must be daunting, and is bound to take a while to build up, but it is nice to be your own boss, and I'm sure you know a lot more than you sometimes think!

Sorry to highjack your thread, Sezz! Hope you are enjoying your rest,

• Options

Does this mean you will be paying some tax and NI for a change image

You need to get a camcorder mate. Set it up as a gait analisys study, then when the cute ladies are on the treddy you change the angle up a touch and send the copies to me image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Nicko!  image.  Naughty boy.

I'm dead proud of FF, he's worked flippin hard ove the last few months to gain his new qualifications and change career. And he'll make a fab PT.

Thanks guys for your support for yesterday's half.  Mark, yes, I do feel like that a bit  - LOL!!  All good though because with everyone watching what I'm doing, it's pressure on me to really push myself and make the most of this opportunity.

Left hamstring is a bit sore now so will do some light stretching later.  I've been ravenous all day but trying not to pig out too much.

I'm thinking about doing the Berkhamsted Half on 2nd March, but maybe more at training pace.  Is anyone else doing this one?

• Options

Hi Sezz

Soph told me what you'd been up to, so thought i'd take a peek! sounds like all going well. I did my first half yesterday (great bentley).  Did it in 1.56, but it was a v v flat course with only 2 hills. still pleased tho. well done for watford too.

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Hello Andrea! image

I was wondering how you were getting on.  I was going to get your email addy from Soph.  Well done on the 1:56 - that's fab for your first half.  Remind me to try that half next year!.   Hope the training is going well. 

• Options

Sezz

re the hills

as you ran up quite a few hills on Sunday and your legs will be sore from that and the PB half-marathon (well done),

I don't see the point in you doing Hills Tuesday.

You may be alright but it's not worth the risk.

You should be able to something with a little speed but not too much endurance.

ie 30 minutes relaxed with around 6 x 30 second bursts every few minutes at 5K pace.

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Hurrah!!!  No hills!!   You're a very nice coach image

Okey doke, I'll got out for a fairly flat run in the way you've suggested.