Options

Pirate monacos, cycle tops and arm warmers

Comments

• Options
    Just as well, those knitting needles are lethal!
  • Options

Regarding kit suppliers, we've had the debate many times in the past and there are many suppliers to choose from, I dont know why this is being raised again, especially at this moment given all the work and hastle that has been put in putting together this latest kit order.

The prices quotds on the previous page are comparable to the LG kit with the exception of the jacket,  id wonder if we're comparing like with like?  I also dont know why the LG price is shocking?  Look on any kit website and decent bike jackets can range from £70 - £200.

We've been getting kit from LG for 5 years, never had one complaint and everything always works like clockwork, the one time we briefly switched suppliers a couple of years ago (against my advice) it was a disaster, with poor quality, irregular sizes etc etc.

LG is our kit supplier of choise.  As has been said many time, if it aint broke dont fix it.

• Options
    Maybe I should add, that ALs post was obviously well intentioned but it makes no sense to reopen the debate re kit suppliers we've had many times before, the consensus of which is to stay with LG.
  • Options

Did some one mention knitting club.

Can I put down for a cardigan please. Very useful in T1.

• Options
    That has just given me the slightly disturbing mental image of people wearing bright yellow and black knitted tri suits. image
  • Options

I've just taken up knitting and I have to say it's not that easy image 

Maybe I should lool for a pirate pattern and make those yellow and black cardigans  although I think the skull and cross bones might be beyond my woeful skill levels image

• Options
    Orca - I have converted the skull and crossbones into a cross-stitch pattern and am now seeing if I can knit it
  • Options
    Orca wrote (see)

I've just taken up knitting and I have to say it's not that easy image 

Maybe I should lool for a pirate pattern and make those yellow and black cardigans  although I think the skull and cross bones might be beyond my woeful skill levels image

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    Orca - I have converted the skull and crossbones into a cross-stitch pattern and am now seeing if I can knit it
    >>>>>  I've got a skull'n'crossbones pattern somewhere for a nifty handbag image >>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options

its quite simple..........anyone who wants to arrange an order can .

when people wanted swim caps it was ordered and same with buffs and bottles............

a while back someone else wanted no LG and organised an order.............in the end most of us thouight the quaility wasn't there as promised..............

there are enough pirates around so that we do not have to have just one suplier...................some people might want to stick to LG and others might want to go with a new cheaper supplier.............

i assume AL's prices include the import duty and postage from italy as well as postage in this country the same as the ones we are getting now..............

so I see no problem when AL is ready with the figures with doing a kit order...........there are always peiople ready to order differnet times of the year.................

his club is big enough for everyoneimage

• Options

/members/images/200439/Gallery/cross_stitch_0.jpg

Fraggle - my cross-stitch image

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/Gallery/cross_stitch_0.jpg

are  you going to put it in a frame................when the kids were young I did a picture framing course......I really enjoyed it as it was the closest I ever got to being creative............i love the cross stitch schmunksimage
  • Options

/members/images/200439/Gallery/framed.jpg

T'is framed.  And I made the frame myself.  I used to frame all my work til it became just as cheap to get a professional to do it.  My current framer does some really lovely work

/members/images/200439/Gallery/stitch.jpg

He used to be a window dresser for Harrods (did the window for George V1's funeral) and has the perfect eye for colour. He cuts one layer of mount board around the design so there is minimal fabric showing and the eye goes straight to the sewing

• Options

getting someone else to do the frames gives you more time for the crossstitch...........I wish I was artistic........I did do a painting tonight .......using powder paints and instead of brushes we used differnt veg and fruit cut into different shapes................

I was quite pleased with my final pictureimage

• Options
    image Schmunkee - those are lovely. I confess to being a knitter. It's the only way I can sit still! If anyone has a skull and crossbones pattern I would love to have it.
  • Options

Chillibean - I have the cross stitch chart which can be worked as a knitting pattern.  Shall I mail it to the address you gave on the kit order? It will prob be a .pdf.  Is that ok?

• Options
    Yes please Schmunkee! image Thanks very much.
  • Options
    Kk...not sure what you are trying to say or to whom........but it ain't amking sense again
  • Options

KK it doesn't matter what it is if something make someone happy, fulfilled, whatever then who are any of us to judge it to be wrong or sad?  Just because it's different from what makes you happy doesn't make it wrong - the world would be an incredibly boring place if we all had the same likes and dislikes.

• Options
    If its the cross stitch then I think there can be few things more soul enriching that creating something with your own hands.......especially something that takes a lot of time and attention.......I admire all those creative people.
  • Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see
    )

/members/images/200439/Gallery/cross_stitch_0.jpg

Fabulous Schmunks!  image
  • Options

This isn't intended as a name and shame but I have not been able to finalise the order for the following people as they have not been in touch regarding payment. 

Dubai Dave
    Mr Zuvai
    Slowerthanilook
    SluMdot
    Zoglug

• Options
    Make them walk the plank
  • Options
    Outfeckinstanding, bit like waiting for the last people to board the plane holding everyone else up.
  • Options

Gaz - they rec'd 2 e-mails before the payment deadline and a text after so I hope people will agree I have been more than fair allowing this much time to pass before moving on.

I am sorry to have to do this as I care about people getting the kit they want and don't want people to miss out (hence breaking my own rules on delays) but out of fairness to those that played by the rules, I have to get the kit ordered. 

• Options
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
    Make them walk the plank
    And you can shut yer trap, Trouble Maker image