Options

Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I've had great SS presents both times - a topical mouse mat from a fellow pedant one time, and a jigsaw puzzle with a picture of nuts the other image (well, I had said that I like all kinds of puzzles, and nuts!)

I don't much like supposedly sexy/humourous things, but I do like good chocolate, nuts, oh, and all kinds of puzzles!

• Options

I've had fab pressies in the past two, cosy socks and a lovely necklace, both of which i still use regularly image  Last year I got pirate inspired gifts which were ace, and I still use too.

I like most things, except dodgy sex-toy-esque pressies, oh and I don't eat chocolate, otherwise anything image  I wear earrings and bracelets and what not, and love tri related stuff and books and most other things in life.

Excited to find out who i'll get!  When do we find out? (sorry, haven't had time to read back if this was mentioned earlier!)

• Options
    I've had lovely presents too - I've done this for 3 years...one I couldn't get over was laces with my forum pic ----> all over them image
  • Options

I'm a RW SS virgin, but I have participated at work in the past.  One year my present was from the only person in the department that I didn't get on with.  Due to work not understanding the meaning of secret, everyone else knew who was buying for me and there was a lot of interest when I opened the present.

Although I have never used his present, I was touched by the thought that went into it. He knew that I liked handmade style things and cats, so he got me a letter opener carved from some fancy wood in the shape of a cat.  To me that is what it is all about, not what I actually get, but the thought that has been put into it.

I don't appreciate most joke presents.  The few exceptions would be bought by people who knew me very well, which probably rules out most people from here.

Otherwise I enjoy most things edible, fancy tea and coffee and posh toiletries. I don't do jewelery or make up, but enjoy cooking, cross stitch and will read almost anything, as well as the running and swimming that you all know about.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

I have always liked my gifts tbh

like chocolate, alcohol, toiletries

This year my daughter had a baby so I have  a beautiful granddaughter so I am mad about knitting right now

obviously love running, as well as swimming cycling and gym  Oh and I do tai chi.

Thats quite a bit to be going on I think, like others not mad for the  'dodgy sex-toy-esque pressies' as lea the pea said.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Have people really been sent the dodgy sex-toy-esque thingies??? image

Think this is my 3rd year and have had some fab things like super funky socks and choc.

I'm like the above, love choc, alcohol, toiletries, running, swimming image

• Options

My SS last year stalked me through Facebook to find something I would like - and got it spot on; a trashy crime thriller novel that I was able to lose myself in over Christmas image with a chocolatey treat to keep me sustained as I read image

• Options
    Cinders wrote (see)

Have people really been sent the dodgy sex-toy-esque thingies??? image

Think this is my 3rd year and have had some fab things like super funky socks and choc.

I'm like the above, love choc, alcohol, toiletries, running, swimming image

Possibly not on here Cinders, but these type of jokey gifts have been known at work, lol!!!  Not my present work i hasten to add...
  • Options
    Didn't KK have something a bit dodgy one year?  imageimage
  • Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    The SS was stopped at one place I worked after too many lewd pressiesimage
  • Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

We used to do SS at the office Christmas lunch.

There was one member of staff who was a right messy cow.  She'd make a cup of tea, bang it down on top of the fridge and slop it, put her milk in and spill a bit, then just walk off.

Santa gave her a pack of fridge wipes that year  image

• Options
    That sort of joke present is acceptable and funny.  I have nothing against joke presents that actually mean something.
  • Options
    My ex OH gave someone some kitchen utensils for his work's SS.  Think he was serious though!
  • Options

i had lovely M&S goodies last year, lovingly recieved and nommed....image..

i like most things...nothing rude-children presentimage

..ear-rings,bangles, make-up,nail varnishimage,or anything for running, buff, arm warmers ..but these maybe too above budgetimage....

the list of SS things  recieved on RW last year was most impressive i rememberimage

• Options
    Ah I'll ahve to take a look back at that to get some ideas then loulabell
  • Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/166798/

I have too much time on my hands. image Well actually I'm pinned to the chair by a cat with claws. I have to stay here honest. (except that I should be getting ready for work, a nice cycle in the rain oh joy).

• Options
    Saffy sweety pea wrote (see)
    image....I forgot to add........I'm in but NO BLOODY MARMITE
    tee hee.
  • Options

supercaz, i saw some lovely speciality teas and coffees the other day you may have liked....hope i am your SS then...i will know exactly what to get youimage..yes i agree, its not what the gift is but the thought that has gone into it to ensure its something suited to your personality..thats prob tricky as you say on a forum but i suppose most of us know a little of what the longterm forumites are likeimage

• Options
    I like Diamonds. Real ones.
    And Champagne.
  • Options
    And Wilkie is dead easy to buy for- just get her a DVD of The Only Way is Essex image
  • Options

you said that last year LBimage

SO...following on.....i like Ferrari......although someone is bound to read that as 'ferrero roche'image..not quite the same

• Options

the only way is Essex...image

• Options
    Nothing wrong with Essex....image
  • Options
    i know !!image i have family in Essex...Romford , Colliers rowimage...
  • Options
    BTW LLB what happend tour pirate flag...i'm sure you had one for a while?
  • Options

I'm usually pretty useless at SS, so I apologise to my victim in advance. I have occasional flashes of inspiration, but sometimes they just don't strike...

Me? Well I like reading (but am a bit of an intellectual snob and don't do trash), and sewing. I don't have my ears pierced (just in case some diamond earings were on the agenda) I like thngs to be useful. I have a penchant for knee high socks (size 4 feet), I don't do smellies. While I like chocolate and food, I'm trying to cut down on the indulgences. You'd not get a bra for under the price limit, so no need to divulge that information.

The SS presents I've recieved that stand out have all been for the wrong reasons. For example: a plastic dinosaur that my PhD supervisor got me - what was he thinking?! Last year's herb markers were a much more sensible present!

• Options
    LB, if i get you i'll get you a bottle of Diamond White image
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I like reading, nail varnish and anything "useful". I live abroad, so spend a fair bit of time travelling backwards and forewards to the UK. I love tea, Father Ted and extreme sports (not in that order image).

I've never done a "real" SS, so I apologise in advance to whoever is fortunate enough to get me image

• Options

Still a few more days to sign  your life away and join the fun.

All I need is an email to rwsecretsanta2011@btinternet.com with your name & address + your forum name.  Oh and add your name to the bottom of this list.

B
    beebs
    Blobfish
    Bruce C
    by 'eck it's hilly
    Cinders
    Cocoa Pop
    DV
    Elli of the North
    Emmy_bug
    Flat Foo.ted
    Frodo
    gingerfurball
    Goldbeetle
    helen liz
    IronMin
    Jungle Dave
    KatieJane
    kk
    Kwilter
    Lee the Pea
    LIVERBIRD
    loulabell
    Melds
    Me Mouse
    Mouse
    Nam
    NickL
    Plum
    Saffy
    Sarah the bookworm
    Seren Nos
    Slowfoot
    small
    SOLB
    Soup Dragon
    SuperCaz
    SuzieW
    Tickled Pink
    Tommygun2
    USB
    Wilkie
    Wabo

Feel free to post your likes and dislikes as appropriate.

• Options
    You have mail your Pinkness   image