Options

Forgotten running stuff

2»

Comments

• Options

Sorry, I was off being kinky.

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

Oh yes, only a couple of weeks ago in fact.  My account, shamelessly pasted from another thread, is below:

This week, as we're into the taper, I am doing some of my trips to and from work by bus to reduce mileage.  So I got the bus into work yesterday, intending to run home.  When I got to work, I realised I had brought my trainers, but forgotten all my other running clothing.  I thought that was no big deal, and that I'd wander to Decathlon at lunchtime and buy some of their cheapo running gear (as I can always use it) and run home in that.

Once in Decathlon, I realised that the only shorts I could really do with are some proper skimpy racing shorts, which I would never wear for running in public outside races.  I decided to risk running home in them rather than waste money on longer shorts I didn't need, and thought I might be able to get away with it.  I also bought one of their very cheap t-shirts, which they sell in small net bags, so you don't open it to check what's inside until you've bought it. 

Well, anyway, when I went into the gents to change to run home at the end of the day (my bus having already left), I discovered that, not only did I have skimpy race shorts, but that the men's t-shirt pack I had bought contained a ladies' running t-shirt.  Not only that, but it was a ladies t-shirt that even Natalie Portman might have found a little on the small side.  The combination looked absolutely ludicrous.  But I now had little choice.  I put on my rucksack, turned my Ipod on full volume to drown out any comments, and legged it home, throught the middle of Reading, at a pace that even Scott Edgington might consider excessive.

So much for easy recovery runs the day after a race.

• Options

Hmmm. So someone else who likes wearing women's running gear. Shame you can't admit it...

• Options

Dachs, I think you should post the artist's impression here too, for completeness.

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

What, this one?

/members/images/675323/gallery/help.jpg

• Options

Now, there this guy who turns up most weeks at parkrun. Looks like a total gimp. Either in some sort of tri suit that should be banned in front of children or a vest that is so revealing he may as well not be wearing it. His body isn't that bad but he just looks like a total gimp. He needs a kit manager.

• Options
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

Excellent, keep up the good work image 

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    Peter Collins wrote (see)

Excellent, keep up the good work image 

and where are you doing that.... image

• Options

Try looking outside your window, Emmy. Shit, I'm revolting myself now.

• Options

Oh God, you haven't been doing it with the Halloween pumpkin have  you? image

• Options
    Wilkie wrote (see)

I've had to dry myself on my gym kit more than once when I've forgotten a towel image

My wife had to do that last week after her run. Showered then realised she'd forgotten her towel. Only thing she had clean enough to dry herself with was a pair of running socks....good job she's slim. 

• Options
    I've also forgotten my gym towel before. I used paper towels from the loos and my dirty t shirt. Only down side if this was that this was an open plan changing room. I got dressed very quickly that day!
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Another one for forgetting my towel. I've used paper towels any my t-shirt... and once even used a towel that I had in my boot for the dog. It was clean but using a "woof woof" emblazoned towel made me slightly nervous

• Options

Not running per se but being a triathlete I have been known to forget other things such as my Bodyglide ointment (essential to stop my wetsuit rubbing my neck during the swim). OH has been known to forget his bike helmet and have to run around trying to get a spare one. Once we went on a bus ski trip and he spent several minutes trying to get his boots into the ski bindings before realising he had brought my spare skis instead of his! As my feet are size 5 and his are 12, bit of a mismatch!

• Options

Ah, I have done this!  Since most of my running (and cycling) is a short commute into work, or in my lunch break or the gym before work, I try and keep a stash of complete running gear (and work clothing including shoes ) at work incase I do forget something.  But I have also forgotten my towel several times!  Last week I forgot my iPod, and garmin has been left behind several times.  Most of the time I cycle to work, get changed, and have forgotten underwear (too many times to count - may as well do without it nowadays!!).  If I plan to run at lunchtime, I sometimes arrive at work with my running socks, shorts and sports bra already on underneath my office clothes, which is probably why I tend to forget to bring "normal" pairs to change into later!

I once did a last minute fun run event with some friends while away, and had to scrape together some bits and pieces, running in old trainers, "fashion" (cotton) leggings, vest top but luckily I had sports socks with me!  I have taken note that Asda and Primark do cheap running gear just in case, although doubt they will be of good quality and will probably fall apart after a few wears.  I reckon I could manage a 10k in "emergency/brand new" goods bought on the day of the event, possibly a half marathon if not worried about a PB - but for anything longer I'd be gutted without everything tried and tested!

• Options

What a brilliant story