Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

morning

not awol, just lots of faffing and now late for work ------again image. See you later

• Options

Wow, running shoes and cake, CP, two of WAISTers'  favourite things in one!

Well plodded Podds. I wouldn't trust myself near a cliff top until I'd woken up a bit image

Sounds like your place is handy for all the best amenities DL, can't imagine why it's not selling.

Glad to hear the back's better Sluggy. Have to say, the shoulder's a lot better alternating paracetomol and ibuprofen and doing gentle stretching. Well, right up until I staggered into the bathroom door frame going for a midnight pee! I can almost undo my own bra without turning the catch to the front now image

I've seen Wurzel Gummage FP, scarecorws do that. they have spare heads too. Morris just put his thinking head on.

Off to Farnborough in my professional capacity to mix with evil defence industry magnates and ogle fancy planes tomorrow image

*waves at Sue running out the door*

• Options

just a quick one today

happy house selling + holiday packing DL!!!

I've swam this morning, 60 lenghts in 30 mins.  Was planning on the spinning class but again (like the last 3 weeks) its full.  So I've logged a complaint with the gym.  I pay for off peak membership which is still £33month, but all we get is 2 spinning classes in the morning.  I've suggested they put more classes on at 7am, they obviously have the demand

plus I've done no cycling training for my tri, and I still dont have a bike  image

anyway, work is stacking up, better dash

• Options

berry - can i come to farnborough as your PA or summat?  i lurrrve 'planes.  mr pud used to work there many moons ago. <sigh>

i got the fartlek questuion on UC last night too image  unfortunately i was sat on my own so no-one got to see or hear my moment of glory!!

offski to see the senco shortly - have got a whole heap of paperwork with me - all high-lited and colour-coded image

any news on the wasp?

• Options
    Sluggy, my ideal tandem partner would be a fit bloke with a nice bum I could gaze at whilst pretending to pedal.
  • Options
    XBXB ✭✭✭

You called?image

Strange goings on at XB Towers. We're still scouring the interweb for a camper van and there's one that has caught our eye. It's on preloved.co.uk and Ebay at different prices and it's in Northampton and London!. Mrs XB has made contact with the preloved man; he is in N'hampton with the van. He hasn't advertised it on Ebay.

The scam is that you buy it on Ebay, send a non-refundable deposit and get nowt but a nasty taste.

I'm sure he'll be closed down soon enough but it's definitely a case of caveat emptor.

Anyhoo, 7 swift miles for me this morning, kids at skule and car at garage. So that just leaves me with a kitchen to clean and some laundry to wash.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Chick pea wrote (see)
    Sluggy, my ideal tandem partner would be a fit bloke with a nice bum I could gaze at whilst pretending to pedal.

That's definitely a temptation, but I think a pedalling robot would be fun!

~~~Pud~~~ Gogettem!

• Options

I prefer the fit bum   image

• Options
    MrMarkCMrMarkC ✭✭✭

Morning. Well Sunday's 25 mile bike ride for my local hospice went off ok. I decided yesterday was a rest day image

This morning's run was tiring but I managed to keep to 37mins for 5k so I'm happy. Now pooped though!

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well done, MC. When are you going for a swim?? image
  • Options

morning

good luck pud!!

nice swimbling Snaily - no cycling here either image 

XB - that's what is scary about ebay image

Spence - woohoo for the pud run - can't wait

DL - your holibob sounds fab - and at least the house will stay tidy while you're away

just 3 miles plodded for me today  - I seem to have become a very sweaty plodder - what's that about? think I need some sort of headband - how attractive image

• Options

Afternoon all.

Cheesey jacket spud for lunch, hopefully a nice afternoon as the work dragon has a meeting this afternoon.

• Options

Jff - at the moment I sweat buckets when plodding, but I think its still quite warm outside even though its cloudy

Jay have a nice relaxing afternoon

oooooo MC you are the ideal candidate for a tri  image

I have interviews this afternoon for a microbiologist - I'm falling asleep just thinking about it  image

have fun all

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    pud (OTBC) wrote (see)

any news on the wasp?

None pud, I'm very concerned.

Lots of training going on !? image

XB, what a rip off hope the ebay person gets caught & sorted.

I need to do some jobs......

• Options
    Afternoon.

I am tired LOL. i did the school run and went back to bed when I came home for a couple of hours.

Into work for 1600 today, have increased my shifts a little bit more, gone up to 7 hours, that way i get a 45 minute break, Yesterday was my first break for over 18 months. hehe.

I have started to make a packing list ,running kit is at the top LOL.

XB I do loads of crime reports for ebay fraud and similar.

Pud good luck with the meeting.

well runned all of you who have runned already.

I had to explain to a manager at work that when I say 'i have been out for a run' I actually mean I have run2 walked 2' he said 'Fartlek training' once I stopped laughing I said 'nope it is definitely not Fartlek training, my walk is faster than my run' so we have decided to call it 'interval training' LOL

need to go swimming again...hopefully on holiday i'll do a bit more.

• Options

image image

I hope you note the double halo........

Following the clifftop pootle I am currently forcing down for lunch home grown lettuce, home grown mange tout, home grown tomatoes, beetroot and cheese..................

<wanders off with worried look to take own temperature>

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    image I'm guessing that things didn't go well?
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
  • Options

Ummm, I've just had a white Magnum for lunchimage

Went to swimming club last night and discovered that my stroke is basically pantsimage  Not that this was a huge surprise, but at least I have some drills to do to try to correct it. I also was a bit shocked at the pace - fortunately it wasn't  just me who was struggling a bit.  I think I need to do a lot of practice!  And thoughI pride myself on being a good multi-tasker, whenever i tried to correct one aspect of my stroke, the rest went to pot and I nearly drowned myself (forgot to breathe...oopsimage

Pud - good luck!  Sounds like you're well - prepared  image

Berry and Slugs - glad you're feeling bit better.

Well - plodded Keeley, Emc and Podds

xx

• Options

heaty - breathing is a good idea even when swimming image

• Options

well met with the senco - lovely lady - whose best suggestion was that the IEP should be no.1 agreeing to "try and be at class on time" image 

<wanders off to find a brick wall to bang head against>

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    OK, so being in class on time is no 1's commitment - what is the school's commitment to him?
  • Options

(((pud))) - that doesn't seem very helpful at all  does it image

what was srong with your stroke Heat? I often wonder what mine looks like - although I imagine myself  to  be like a fish. and I know what you mean - you try and work on one thing and the rest goes all wrong image

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Oh dear PUd! I'm with Slugs - sounds rather like they only got half the job done - the half that doesn't involve them having to do anything... image ((((pud))))))))

An ideal tandem partner (speaking from experience) is one that's considerably stronger and heavier than yourself, so they can sit on the front, do all the steering etc, and you can not pedal at all (but your feet still go round, very handy), and they're heavy enough that the bike doesn't wobble when you turn round to get your butties out of the pannier image
  • Options
    that's where it all falls down a bit sluggy.

<applies cold wet flannel to forehead>
  • Options
    LOL at the heavy tandem partner daffs image