Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

I’m thinking of having Easter off this year image

Why should we be afraid of a li’l kitty and his catnip?

((Sluggie)) - not easy caring for waging rellies - lots of adjustments to be made, but some organisation and support, maybe it won’t be so bad.

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Oh poor, m.........,eldyimage  I would offer to swap but tge miniyums are currently behavingimage Catnip? Uh oh... Does it work on humans?

((((Family chuggles))) Glad a little normality has begun to return chez chuggles. How was Monty as was this the first time you'd been away since he found his forever home?

((((Slugggie))) good to know MiL has some quality of life left, however small it may seem

Spence, perhaps the boy flavoured one and mouse were swapped in the hozzie nursey? 

Hope the head is ok, Daffyimage 

FC 6 can cook? I can see the benefits in fostering nowimage 

Tubbs, how is your pussy?

((((Farfar)))) would you get easter Monday off if I help count your beans?

Podds, poor old Mr P. Sounds like he's been a brave soldier. I don't know how to tell cush that she won't be seeing the planit ffanit boys this bank holibob. She did seem slightly in love with Elvis image 

Pippi, stay strong, in the words of wisdom, coca cola .... The holibobs are coming image 

Nuffin doing here. Supported local arf marafun last Sunday. Far more fun than running as the sawyers church on the startstart/ finish line had a free BBQ, tea, coffee n cayke,(donations were welcome) Fab club outing. Our first lady was home in 1.30 n our last runners back in 3 hrs. I was given custody of the cakesimage  

• Options

It's a tiger on drugs. Talking of which, do a you tube search for a tiger with cat nip, if you find the right one it's hilarious image

had ad a nice little trot along the canal earlier, I am now ready to fall asleep as is par for the course just before a nights shift !

yums I am sure catnip would have little effect on the mini yumsimage

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening,

You are clearly much more reliable than me Yums, no-one with a shred of sense would give me custody of cakes image Pity that the houndies can't have their annual bank holiday meeting image

Awww, JFF, no fair having to work Easter Monday! image

Crikey, I shudder to think of the GPO after catnip!

DL, a FC who can cook? This one sounds like a keeper!

SM said that she needed to bank a couple of cheques today. It transpired that she genuinely believed she had 'won' £125,000 as she had been sent something that looked like a cheque. She's always been a bit like this but I worry that she will spend as if she actually had that much money (she is overspending a little at the moment anyway) image. I think the time will come when we have to take over her financial affairs - but not just yet and we want to concentrate on MIL while we can.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Hollibobs image

But we can't go away as daught has to go into school every day for revision classes, or have I said that already!?

2 gentle miles after work and that's it...the potty mouth is as ready as it ever will be!

Colchester half on Sunday. See you on the other side xx
  • Options
    Good luck Spence in case I forget to say it!

Just had dinner, another 5 hrs to go, will be ok as long as it goes as quick as the first 4!

Sluggy it's quite worrying when they 'lose track' of a financial brain. We see so many scams and frauds on the elderly and it makes me wonder at what point do these once intelligent people become so vulnerable? You and I would never give thousands of pounds to a stranger on the end of the phone or pass bank details and passcodes over but it happens time and time again
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Thank you!

Where is everyone!?
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Well I've spent half the day at the tip, the other half in B&Q and am now trying valiantly to remove 20-year-old green metal paint off me shower tiles with a heat gun image

Everyone else is probably in the pub image 

Good luck racers for tomorrow! 

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

We are having a 'we're not angry we're disappointed' day. When really we are bit angry but it's not going to get anyone anywhere.

However, earlier OH and I did manage to go out for cake. The cake won. Not a sentence I ever thought I would have to write.

Are there racers tomorrow? Good luck. May the wind be behind you

and not in you

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Oh dear DL! Impressed you were beaten by a cake, especially on a day like that one sounds! 

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Was it the cake winning that triggered the we're not angry, we're disappointed day? Personally, I fail to see how cake could ever defeat me. You're such a lightweight, DL

Metallic green paint on tiles, daffy *boggles* 

GO GO GO SPENCE  - apparently she's in Essex. Well, somebody has toimage 

• Options

I'm here

32 bike miles and an hour's swimming done.......tomorrow is 61 miles in the Surrey Hills in cyclonic winds and lashing rain apparently............what fun image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Well done Podds!

Hope you beat the paint Daffs!

Oh dear DL what happened!? image
  • Options

Podds, I'd stay in bed if I were you ...

I have the gym pencilled in for later once I have rescued the FGO from his mud bath, he is not going to want to come in !!

New lodger confirmed for end of April, she lives in Southampton, doesnt mind cats and was daft enough to mention she likes cycling and swimming, she wasnt put off by a road bike in the lounge and thanked me for 'showing me around your lovely cottage'

The clocks have just sped forwards an hour and I am now due to go home in half an hour ...   image

• Options

Go go Go Spence   image

• Options

It's awful dark.........and the forecast is still shite.........I must remember why I'm doing this..........

Happy Sundays.......Laters image

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Go Podds. You know you want toimage 

Bless, the FGOimage  New lodger sounds idea, m.....eldy if slightly barking to want to share with you. image 

Early, any ironman plans I had for this year have gone over night along with my MTB and road bike. M....eldy guess you've clocked off for the night and that's why the Poliss are to busy to take my call. 

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Gosh yum, both of your bikes have been swiped?! how rotten image Hope you managed to summon a policeman eventually.

(are you sure.it wasn't Podds who nicked them? She's doing a suspicious (and in any rational person's view - unnecessary) amount of cycling today...

Meant to be going for a walk today but might wimp out. Although that makes me sound like a right wuss goven the racing and cycling going on in here - we were just going to amble round a reservoir then go to a tea shop! image

• Options

Happy Palm Sunday!  

Yummsy, so sorry to hear about your bikes being nicked!  It's a bit of an extreme way of getting out of training though.

DL, what are you not angry about? What is so disappointing?  

How's the training, exercising going with everyone? Great pics of the Colchester half on Spence's FB! How big are those medals?  Good job they aren't made of chocolate! 

Daffs, we were going to go for a walk too but saw the weather forecast yesterday and decided against it. (did the park run yesterday and got soaked and couldn't get warm for the rest of the day). So after lunch we are going to Spring Clean the living room. Rock and Roll!  

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

I DNS Liverpool half again, but supported Pippette in atrocious conditions. Rain all the way but at least the wind dropped. She did 2:17 and wants to do better next year! Eve thinking about training for it ... We'll see ...

well done Spence and Joan!

• Options

I won a free place for that Pippi (it is the Vitality one isn't it?) but didn't feel I had enough in me to do it this early in the year. Glad I didn't if it rained all the way. 2.17 is a fantastic time especially if she hasn't trained for it. 

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

The sun is shining ... the sky is blue ... now!

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Well run Spence, Joan and Pippette!

Well cycled Podds.

Grrrr and boo Yums!

Oh dear DL image It was inevitable really, it's part of life with teenagers. I do hope that whatever happened is able to be put right.

Nice to see you FP, what are you up to these days?

Not a nice day here, am glad to be inside image

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

/members/images/306037/gallery/2012-04-18-10-50-13.jpg

My little girl is 50 today how fast time passes.

WELL done Spence great time today image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I might be a bit pissed image

That's because I got a PB today image after 6 years in the wilderness

My knees were shot at 9 miles I was in such pain I can't even begin to tell you but I'd got to 10 miles under 10mm & I was determined I wasn't going to lose it even if I had to take weeks off the last mile I was saying to myself " keep going you can drop out of Stratford, just keep going" which I did....

2:07:54

8 minutes faster than last year

5 minute PB image
  • Options

Evening All

Well done Spence - I'm sure we can overlook the pissedness given the occasion image

(((Yumms))) - that is just so shite......what is it with our society today that so many little b*ggars just seem to feel it's fine to help themselves to other people's stuff who have worked damned hard to be able to afford it image

My bike day was an epic fail and I've come home feeling really despondent I have to say.......

It was windy and wet as predicted......but no windier than we get most weekends on Plannitt Ffannitt and although wet we seemed to dodge the most major heavy showers.............but I just had nothing in my legs and already by 10 miles just wanted to climb off.......but obviously I'd then have been stuck somewhere in Surrey so had to man up and give myself a huge harribert slap and keep going.......

At the feed station dropped down to the short distance of 41 miles but as is always the case spent way too much time walking up stupidly steep hills overall.........

I think the main disappointment was that I've worked quite hard (or so I thought) at my cycling over the winter (life, work and weather permitting) and people in my tri club have said spontaneously they thought I'd improved..........but on today's showing......

2 of the hills I expected to walk - 18% and 21% ffs - but there was another that I've never managed in full yet but really really thought I would today.........and didn't image

Oh well - c'est la vie.....

I think I'm going to sleep well this evening and be well stiff tomorrow image

• Options

Well done Spence, you worked hard for that one

i didn't run, I went for a long and late lunch, roast pork and sticky toffee pudding. I may need to run double tomorrow

• Options

I was just about to comment that I hadn't seen a low flying Podds yet and there she is!

• Options

Pods, pick herself up, dust yrself off and carry on  ,, you will have improved, it just chose not to manifest itself today. It was a pretty evil day for cycling 

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Great going Spence!

(((Podds)))