Options

Finding the right tights

Trying to find new tights is driving me nuts.
My old, faithful Nikes are giving up the ghost. 
I love them...wear, wash, wear, wash...
What I like about them is the decent rise (up to my waist), drawstring, zip ankles.
I bought a new pair the other day, but had to take them back because the rise was halfway down my backside!
The shop assistant said going up a size wouldn't make any difference to that.
Can anyone recommend a pair with the above features?
Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Dunno but check out the dhb tights on wiggle. They get good reviews but dunno if you will like the fit? 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    I have a couple of pairs of those and they're my most-worn tights for sure. For racing and long runs I wear a pair of 2XU compression tights, though. No ankle zips but they fit well.
    You might want to check Decathlon, too. I have some cycle-style shorts I use in Summer and they're by far the most comfortable bottoms I have, even though they cost me less than a fiver each.
  • Options
    I like my Craft tights.  I think I have this model: https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/craft-devotion-tights-women-black. They are cut a higher at the back than at the front and have a nice wide waistband so they don't dig in.  They have ankle zips, reflectors etc and the cloth is not too thick so good for faster runs in colder weather.   I got a size M pair, I'm 5' 7" and take a size 8-10 on trousers.  Here (in Switzerland) Craft clothing also tends to be a bit cheaper than Saucony, Nike, Asics etc but is just as good qualitywise.  Certainly more expensive than Decathlon though. 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to add - I found a pair of Asics tights in TK Maxx. They have ankle zips and are very long in the rise. I find them a bit long in the leg for me, personally, but they could suit you.
  • Options
    Problem solved.
    After reading reviews, I went for the Ronhill Stretch Stride SS17.
    They tick all the boxes for me and, dare I say, I prefer them to my Nikes!
    Had to pay full price, but am watching out for them on sale so as I can stick a second pair in the cupboard as standby ;)
  • Options
    ...and thanks for the replies folks. Much appreciated (Y)