Options

Running 2 halfs marathons 2 weeks apart

MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
I've signed upto to do a half marathon this coming Sunday after having run a half only a week ago, so only two weeks apart.  I've been doing all very easy runs in the week since my half marathon, should I continue with this or do some faster miles to get ready for the 2nd half marathon? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Is it your 2nd in total ? If so - I think you probably need 2 weeks easy stuff between. 

If you've done loads then maybe see how you feel at the start of the week ?
  • Options
    MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's just fallen like that because I wanted to do the second one this time as I don't run it as its too close to
    the first one.  I've not run any half marathons for a year and haven't raced much since October so should be race fresh.  

I've done all very easy runs (5k pace plus 3 minutes) last week, and not sure if I should continue with all easy again this week. Will I lose any speed running easy for 2 weeks? 
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    No, you should be fine. I've down half marathons on consecutive weekends three times now, with just easy running in between. You could throw in some strides if you felt up to it but I wouldn't do a full blown tempo or interval session.
  • Options
    MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
    Thank you for you're advice. Strides sounds something I could manage in among my very easy miles.  

What would you're advice be after doing this half marathon, as I have a 10k to train for at the end of May?.  Ive done consistent mileage for 4 months of around 40-45 miles a week but Im lacking in the speed needed for a 10k at the moment. 
  • Options
    MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
    Good news, I managed to get a small personal best at the second half marathon.

Now I need to do some 10k speed work to get ready for my 10k at the end of May. Any suggestions of what workouts I could do to get ready for a 10k?.  
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done! I'll leave it to the experts to answer your 10K question. Intervals is the obvious one. Make sure you do enough easy runs though.