Options

Tremulous Tums but Thinking Thin Thrusday 21st Club

Comments

• Options
    He yielded very well thank you. Bit of a messy turn on the forehand though! What's your boy's name? He looks lovely. I'll be getting one (or 2) as soon as possible after we move house next year, hoorah!
  • Options
    You don’t need to resist Maltloaf – just don’t put any butter on it
  • Options
    'Jester' for everyday, 'The Last Laugh' if we ever go competing again.

But usually referred to as 'Fat Lad' or 'Buggerlugs'.

Hoping to start doing some Endurance events next year, if I'm going to run Marathons I think he should be able to join in as well!
  • Options
    Slowboy: Is that not you then?

and Redhead if you can leg yield then I'm guessing you're not a kitten either. But then again I'm not a spring flower.

HeShe does look lovely, my little one is all hairy and muddy in the field getting wet. Ahh poor thing.

Lunch hasn't held too many dangers - nice pork sarnie and soup.

• Options
    Tulips - no, I'm much less photogenic!
  • Options
    Don't believe him, Tulips! The horse only wins because ALL horses are more photogenic than ALL humans.

• Options
    You can also eat horse in more place than you can eat human
  • Options
    Yum yum! Unless there's any tasty venison lurking around, of course.
  • Options
    WildWill,

I'm hoping to move to Co Durham in the next few months (probably the darlington area).

Are there any clubs about that cater for the slowest but determined runner, and I mean slow.

Cheers
  • Options
    Afternoon all.

Bosting run last night with the Club. We did 6 miles Fartlek. I was absolutely knackered by the time we'd finished. Did it in 58.25 which I was chuffed to bits with.

Weigh in tonight (fingers x)am still trying to lose just under 2 stone.

On the breakfast front - I have the same thing nearly every day coz I just love it! 2 Weetabix with sliced banana and chopped grapes on top FAB! Keeps me going until break time when I have coffee and whatever fruit is around.

Welcome Tulip.

:o)
  • Options
    Why is it that when you try really hard and are really good (not eating all those delicious things you shouldn't ) the weight doesn't come off very fast ?? After a bad month (not as much exercise as I should and eating too much...) - I have lost a whole kg!!! I'm baffled!! Does this mean it will all creep up on me when I'm not looking???

Tulips - Darlington - know it well (was born there) but can't help you with the running clubs (although there are plenty around)
  • Options
    Foxy

Probably muscle wastage combined with dehydration if you are hitting the booze a bit too often. Same thing happens to me :-)

V rap, if I'm totally wrong sorry :-)
  • Options
    SlowBoy there was a free booklet about endurance riding with Your Horse magazine a couple of months ago. I must admit, I liked the sound of it. Hubby muttered something about not seeing much of me since I started running so I hid it under the bed for future reference! I always used to love trekking as a kid and it sounds like one great long trek.

Tulip, quite right, I'm no longer a kitten! What's yours called? Hope I can ask you two for advice when I come to buy a horse again. It's been 12 long years since I owned my own due to incarceration in central London where Livery is out of the question unless you're mega-rich.

WW and V-rap please don't eat the horses they're far too beautiful and we 3 need something to ride and groom and fuss over.

The malt loaf is still there but there's a wonderful smell of banana and walnut loaf wafting around the house. It's all your fault V-rap, you know I have no willpower and you planted the idea in my tiny brain so that, when confronted by the 4 bananas I'd earmarked for a smoothie tomorrow morning, I just got out the flour and started making it before I realised what was going on! Not much chance of resisiting that when it's cooled down.

Well done on the fartleking Dollie.

Foxy I like your diet - eat loads, do nothing and lose weight, hmmm........wish that would work for me!
  • Options
    I love Venison ....

Horse is quite nice too but I promise not to eat any (or tell anyone if I have)
  • Options
    Tulips

I think there are a number of clubs in/around Darlington but the one that springs immediately to men is:

Quakers – have a look at

http://quakersrunningclub.co.uk/

Will
  • Options
    Doh!

...springs immediately to mind...

• Options
    I'd run with the Quakers any day.....
  • Options
    was a bit worried about why it should spring immediately to men! Thanks I'll have a look thanks.

SlowboyRedhead:
    Endurance is fab used to do it my on my pony (average speed between 9-12 mph) but shes getting on a bit and it takes loads of time (far more than running). Its really hard work to keep as fit as the horse so keep up the running.

Now I have her out on loan to a group of kids and thier mums so I end up running along side, good job they don't like to go too fast!

She came named Cuckoo (no posh name I'm afraid), it's not my fault I promise and it's supposed to be bad luck to change thier names.
  • Options
    I have ridden for many years but am still hopeless even though it is my favourite sport.

Slowboy - if you were ever doing any competition that I was in you would never be last. I did a dressage test (my worst ever discipline) many years ago and my horse took off when we were meant to be doing collected canter! In another test it took me 5 goes to get my horse on the correct leg, by that time we need to trot again.

Not as unlucky as one of my friends. He entered the ring, halted and saluted and then his horse bucked him off.

Redhead - very impressed about leg yielding - am crap at things like that. Endurance riding sounds great fun, let me know how you get on.

Maybe we should start the FFF Pony Club? At least the horse does most of the work and moves a lot better than I do.
  • Options
    FionaH

Sad to say, I can actually top your friend - about to ride into the ring (well, a flat bit of field marked out with cones) when a mouse coughs in the bushes next to us (or something equally frightening but undetectable to human senses). Jester flies off sideways, and I'm so busy thinking about getting the entrance right I can't keep my seat and go off over the shoulder. In front of everyone.

Catch him, get back on, go in, trot down centre line, halt at X, rear enormously. At least kept my seat that time though.

Happy days!

Anyway, no running tonight, as being festively cultural (going to see the Nutcracker in Mancs) so next session will be long cycle to work tomorrow, and possibly three miles easy run at luchtime if I'm up to it.

Thought I'd best mention running, having dragged the thread off on an equine tangent.
  • Options
    Okay got the choccie orange snowball and made a start at lunch ... yum! But didn't get eclair which is fine and dandy because Onc. didn't need encouragement this time anyway - drip was in first time :o) wheeeee! first time since first treatment. No nausea but no tea to encourage ut either :o(
  • Options
    WHAT, JUST WHAT, I MEAN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
    Have I entered the twighlight zone...I hear whispers of other people about...
    did someone release a deadly forum virus while i was gone and now you have all gone weird and I am the only sane one???????????????
  • Options
    Old international single thread rescue is going to have to get busy on the general forum...Ill get straight onto the bat phone to a chimp writes!
  • Options
    TALK TO ME SOMEONE.............
    Normally I have to drink heavily to get to this stage!
  • Options
    Hi all. Good to be back. I was quite paranoid for a bit - thought RW had finally caught up with me and chucked me out. BBB, was it really you who blew the fuse?

EP, yes, you've got the common one. But it's useful - your blood could potentially be given to 5 out of every 6 people (everyone who's not rhesus negative). As always, it's not quite that simple.

Which of us could donate blood to which others is a recurring topic of discussion among my strange offspring because we cover most of the range between us - O negative all the way through to AB positive, with only two (Kevin and Tinkerbell) the same as one another. Being rhesus negative myself, I was able to find out all the kids' blood groups at birth.

I got lots of work done while the forums were down, then spent a fortune on Amazon. That's the kids' Christmas presents sorted out - I wish! All those documentary sets on DVD are really just the things I wanted to watch myself and didn't get round to.

• Options
    Yipee Im not mad...hiyah v-rap, never been so glad to see a scary dinosaur!
  • Options
    >>ROARRRRRRR...er...squeeeeeeeak<<

I'm always delighted to see Mr Simpson. Hi BBB. How's life in the Great Temple of Healing these days?
  • Options
    Too busy V-rap its really screwing with my training!
    My little fella was 5 today...now I feel old! Did mean more beer and party food though.
    I believe you went for the booze..I'm sure the teachers will be delighted!
    How was your day?