Options

Short Stuff

Comments

• Options
    Ohhh yeahhhhh!!! Race race race! How'd it go??

Haven't had an email yet. If it goes to home I'll forward it on to wuk and do it tomorrow. Can't do the fancy stuffy on the home puter.
  • Options

Azac - Cute Dog - Where's that report lady?

Pixie - Hi ya image Long time no see. How's the training going?

Hattie - Great day, you sound really up. Love the Hedgehog cake ref. Take care of that arm.

I'm still sniffling so haven't trained since the weekend. I have kit but it remains to be seen whether or not I get out today.

• Options
    Morning!

Lovely piccy Az image

Helllloooooo Pix how fab to see you. Good luck for your mara training. Do drop in from time to time and tell us how it's going.

Stump, get well soon. Don't train until you're better.... (please do as I say and not as I do LOL!)

Morning swim done. Spent most of the time pouring water out of my goggles, couldn't get the bliddy things to seal grrrrrrr. Think I'll have to revert back to my tinted ones and order some new ones from Wiggle.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

Squish do you want some mirrored aquaseal goggles?  I bought them dead cheap in tkmaxx and they make me feel sick!  You could have them if you want - they are the big ones though that look almost like a mask.

Stump I hope it isn't man flu you've got or you'll be laid up for weeks....

• Options
    I've just got a cold. It does slow me down a bit though.
  • Options

Morning shorties

Hattie sounds like a wonderful weekend, glad you enjoyed it image

Azac, cant wait to hear how YOUR race wentimage

i'm still in agony , was at docs yesterday at Roger insistance but he told me what i expected him to ie- nowt. Got physio appt tomoro, diff one this time, wish me luck, i'm getting realyl fed up now, 2 whole weeks since i last ran imageimageimage

• Options
    Santababy - That's bad, it sounds serious.  Take care, injury took Sam out altogether so be careful
  • Options
    i am!  not stoooopid, just blonde image
  • Options
    Santa, good luck with the physio. Have you been to see a chiropractor or osteopath as well? I think you really need to be very careful and get it looked at properly and by a 'back' person.

Debbo, thanks for the offer re the goggles. I love Aquasphere's, they fit me really well and are dead comfy so I'll just order some more from Wiggle as they don't cost the earth. I think my old ones are just knackered know and the chlorine has ruined the rubber seal. Why do they make you feel sick? I always feel a bit queasy after my swim anyway, not sure if it's the motion of my rotation or if it's because I don't eat brekkie before I go! Next time you come to stay bring them with you and I can try them in the pond!
  • Options

Afternoon shorties

image Santababy- I really 'feel' for you I had a horrendous back problem a few years back and it litrelly stops you doing anything! Mine was a herniated disc and I had physio sessions while we were living in Belgium. I had pain in my leg to begin with..kind of like sciatica and thought and felt I needed to stretch more (although I already did loads), eventually the pain was in my lower back, to the left side and made absolutely everything hard to do without pain. I couldn't roll over in bed, load washing machine, turn upper body while driving or even push a shopping trolley. My advice would be to be really selfish and not do any shopping, cleaning, long standing etc as much as possible NOW to clear up the problem sooner; especially if you have any sort of inflammation.

PS I'm not suggesting your back prob is the same as mine but I have learnt that the back is the gateway to anything physical and takes a while to get the 'healing' message you may try to send it......a good physio will sort you out in no time image

• Options
    Morning all <draws curtains>

Bit wild, wet and windy today in Worcs/Warks.

Santa, I know what it's like, it's really frustrating. It's not so bad when you feel ill, but when you actually feel fine and your body lets you down, it's annoying. I hope you get on okay with the fizzio today. Good luck.

Hi Tia, how's things?

I'm going today too. I'm hoping that one session will cure it and I can get back to training properly again.
  • Options

TT, had no pain in legs, slight pain in hip now and again and no pain whn moving certain ways, both doc and physio thik i've either jarred my back or pulled a muscle,  being careful not to do anything stooooopid though...

i dont push the shoppin trolly anyway, Roger does image he's been a star and really looked after me bless him

i soooo need to get training too Squish, fingers crossed for today for both of us imageimage

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

no training for me either : - (

hopefully the cross-friction massage will sort my shin tomorrow though

I am having to resort to christmas shopping in princes street instead  eeeek.

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    grrr - cycled up to princes street in the howling gale only to discover I didn't have a bike lock with me.  having a cup of tea then venturing out again...!
  • Options
    Oh dear Debbo, that's pants! Are you logging it as training? image
  • Options
    I'm still not training either. Cold is getting better now so Fri will be a fresh start. A week off never hurt anyone image
  • Options
    Morning. It's like the Mary Celeste on here!

Morning swim done!

Fizzio yesterday, confirmed ITBS image Got to do 'light' training for the next week image Had pins stuck in me and soft tissue massage and now I've got a line of pretty bruises on the outside of my thigh!

hope you are all feeling sprightly this morning.
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

and what exactly is 'light' training?!  Sounds like a squish interpretation of 'rest' to me

; - )

• Options
    No, no, no, you ask Crashie! He came with me to see what she said. She said 'light' training. I can swim, and I can bike a bit and run a bit.

AND....we've signed up for Pilates in January! image
  • Options

Which Pilates Event in Jan? Is it another ironman?

You Pirates can't spell worth toffee image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

Squish, I'm sorry, but how can running be 'light' training.  I will certainly speak to that Crashie about it ; - )

and yes, pilates is good!  (says she who hasn't been for months!)

• Options

Pilates or Pirates? 

Morning!image

i'm all strapped up with nowhere to go lol 

actually, physio was fab, it's looking bright now instead of bleak , she reckons its my nerves in my lower back/bum, because it helps when she presses/massages it or i've got hot water bottle on it, she said if it was pulled muscle/jarred back as doc said then i'd find that painful....

hurrah

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    and what's the verdict for your running Santa??  good news I hope!
  • Options
    Good news Santa! Did you ask "how long" ??? Those are always my first questions! LOL.

I think 'light' training means only a 9 mile run Debbo, not a 14 mile one image
  • Options
    i actually didn't i was just so relieved she didnt roll her eyes or sigh when i told her i had an ultra to train for....
  • Options
    Hi everybody! I hope you are all well. Santa I’m glad your back is getting better that’s good news. Ouch to the bruises Iron Squishy, that must have been painful. Ha ha Debbo, are you keeping Squishy in check! Are you one of these stubborn ones Squishy who train even if you’re supposed to be resting? I’m the opposite LOL. I hope your leg is better soon. Azac I love your picture. How many dogs do you have? He’s adorable! Stump I hope your cold is better and you can do some training. Sorry I missed Pixie! Where’s Mouse gone? Can I be really thick and ask what Pilates is exactly? My theory is that it’s something like yoga but with more stretches or something.

I’m sorry I’m not popping in very much, we’re really busy. Today we had a Christmas lunch booked. We’ve been flat out in the kitchens and we’ve got a party tomorrow, although it’s only a fairly small one, then a big one on Saturday. My hand still hurts so there’s stuff that I still can’t do, like peeling and chopping things, but I’m using the electric chopper thing now but I’m a bit scared of it. I’ll probably end up with no fingers at all ha ha. I’m one of these old fashioned people who like to do things by hand. If I’m making puddings I like to get the ‘feel’ of it, if you know what I mean.

I tried to run on Tuesday…. was it Tuesday? Is it Thursday today? Yes it must have been Tuesday, but anyway, it wasn’t very good, my hand hurt too much. I went around the loop a couple of times but didn’t go fast. My HR was 163. I’ve been mainly on the exercise bike and doing some walking with the dog. I am going to my swimming lesson again tonight, although it’s a bit of a waste of time because my hand won’t bend in the right direction, but I can do some kicking drills and practice with the one arm. The bruising has started to go now but it still hurts. Ian said I should go back but I really can’t be bothered. They weren’t that interested the first time, so I don’t suppose they will be now. I haven’t found another marathon yet booo. I might see if I can find one by my mom and dad though, I can stay there and be looked after when I’ve finished, and it wouldn’t be so far for them to come and watch me. Poor mom was quite looking forward to going to see the London marathon but I’ve spoilt it now. Anyway, I still feel I’ve done the right thing.

Right, I’ve just had my break and I’d better go and help finish clearing up from lunch. Fortunately I’m finishing on time tonight, I think I’ll go straight to bed after swimming and catch up with some sleep as it'll be a busy weekend.

I hope you are all on the mend very soon and take care. Bye bye x

• Options
    Hi Hattie! No, I'm a very good girl and I rest when I'm supposed to image

Pilates, hmmmm. I've never been to a class, Debbo is the expert, but it sounds like we'll be doing a lot of core stuff and things and some funny stretches!

It's easy for me to say "go back and get your hand looked at again" but I don't think I'd bother either! If it's still hurting you to that extent it might be worth it though!

I saw on the events page that there's a marathon in Anglesey. I'm not sure what it's like, but it might be worth investigating.

Good luck with all the parties! Rather you than me.
  • Options

Hello shorties

Sorry not been on parade, have been progressing thesis rather well and been distracted.  

Ouch to Santa, Squish and Debbo.  Sorry to hear you guys are in pain.  I hear ITBS is nasty Squish, hope it clears soon.  Santa - I love my Osteo, she draws tears to my eyes but she makes me feel better in the long run. 

Hattie - go back and get your hand looked at.  I don't want you getting arthritis (or however you spell it) at a young age.  I think my attitude to training is much like yours!

I did Luton Relays at the weekend - it was a marathon event with 3 team relays included.  (I don't think I've posted this already, apologies if repeating self!)  I did first leg and the weather was filthy, I mean filthy, it was raining so hard and blowing so much it took my breath away.  Despite all this, I was fairly happy with my time on zero training.

I've been so tired this week I've had to focus on basic stuff like washing clothes and housework (been away the last 3 weekends you see), so not much training.  I have to say, I don't really care, I'm welcoming the calm before the storm.  If I can go out and do a nice long run at the weekend, that'll do me to keep ticking over.

However, I did managed tri club swim last night.  Forgot to add up the total distance but with drills consisting of 8 of this and 8 of that and 8 of the other it must have been over 1km again.  I have shoulder ache today too, must have done some good.  This is all confidence building for next season as well.  I must remember I couldn't do a width of crawl this time last year.  I use the Aqua Seal goggles that are like a mask - they're ace.

So anyway, I have a question of the Pilates, oops I mean pirates.  When you do an open water swim are there any bouys to grab hold of to reset your goggles or anything (like at the pond) or do you have to tread water like mad?  I have a tendency to want to clear my nose on a regular basis but I don't really want a noseclip.

I also got a mail from triclub with their target races for 2008, there's no half distance at the end of the year so Vit is a goer.... I think... gulp!

Get well soon to all who are poorly shorties and those with injuries.

• Options
    Oh and Anglesey mara is one of Hippo's favourites if I remember rightly.