Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options

Well done Clairster image

Sorry I didn't see you but I was waaaaaaaay too slow as I predicted earlier! It 's particularly impressive that you managed to keep up the pace when feeling sick from half-way. I was the same but I decided to walk between portaloos and take photos instead. Funnily enough, I did a lot of fast walking and now 2 days later my legs are really aching badly. They don't usually as I am not used to walking very far- mainly from the front door to the car! I didn't get a Peanut Butter kit-kat to be honest but Stew gave me his with him being vegan (and probably knowing there would be a riot otherwise!)

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Isaac - No probs

Sat 03 Nov - Ullswater “Steamy Surprise” Trail - M&M6, Kwaka, ST, Bikerchick, ElC, Toto as part of the official Lakelands Trail 'race crew'
    Sat 03 Nov - Langley 7 - clairster?
    Sun 04 Nov - Derwentwater 10 - Kwaka
    Sun 04 Nov - Alex Park 5k -
    Sat 10 Nov - Teggs Nose 5k Trail Race - Daz, GBM
    Sat 17 Nov - Boggart Hole Clough XC - Isaac, Stockport Harriet
    Sun 18 Nov - Preston 10 - Dali Lama, GBM, Jonah8
    Sat 24 Nov - Wesham 10k - Nexus, Funk
    Sun 25 Nov - Famous Grouse - Daz, FOAR, morticia?, Kwaka, clairster?
    Sat 01 Dec - Cheddleton 10k -
    Sun 02 Dec - Gravy Pud FR - Daz, Kwaka, GBM
    Sun 02 dec - Alex Park 5k -
    Sun 09 Dec - Stockport 10 - Daz, Lady Slugge, Nexus, Bikerchick, GBM?, Jonah8?, clairster
    Sat 05 Jan - Derbyshire CC Championships - Isaac, Stockport Harriet, M&M6 ?, TST ?, WITGB ?, CC ? Anymore...
    Sun 06 Jan - Alex Park 5k -
    Sun 13 Jan - Reddish Vale Hit The Trail 5M - Daz, Kwaka?
    Sun 20 Jan - Brass Monkey Half (JUDGEMENT DAY!!) - GBM, Eric, WITGB, CC, FOAR, JMC, Kwaka, ST, Funk, DL, Jonah8, Mr S, Mrs GBM, AM, Isaac, TST, Simon H, TB, clairster
    Sun 30 Mar - Wilmslow Half - Kwaka
    Sun 13 Apr - FLM - Kwaka
    Sun 25 May - Edinburgh Marathon - Eric

• Options
    ooh, yours sounds like a lot more fun mort..guess i just wanted to get it over and done with as soon as possible..andI picked a bush over a portaloo image my legs are killing me, maybe there was something in the water?
  • Options
    daz - for someone who does not like wilmslow, am impressed you are 1st to brirng it up...time to exorcise some demons??
  • Options

Well done to all those who ran last weekend!! image 

Morticia - fancy this run next year?

http://www.slmm.org.uk/

If anyone is interested this needs to be entered as teams of 2 unless you want to walk it...  If anyone fancies doing this (slowly!!!) with me, let me know!

"WANSFELL CLASS: (Team Event) Winning time 7-7.5 hours total. This class and the Bedafell class will be held over the same course. The Wansfell is designed for runners as a shorter alternative to the Harter Fell."

BUT

"Milk and beer will be available at the Mid-way Camp, but that’s all!"

• Options

I could have done without the 'celebrity' attention on the flight home. Somehow they had no record of me being on the flight even though I had been sat there for 20 minutes. This was just after 3 girls from my work turned up and sat next to me having been over to a team meeting for the day. All very strange.

Forgot to say well done to Management on her PB and also that I was chatting to a cap called Kevin in the pub after the race and it turns out he is 'How Far ?' from the thread. He ran 2.54 anyway which is pretty impressive.

Not looking good for FLMimage

• Options

FOAR-How Far is one of our more modest runners but a bloody good runner, well done on the sprint, notice how quiet TST is, well done Mgmt.

• Options
    Clairster--Well done for the 'sheer bl**dy-minded stubborness'!

Morticia--"I decided to walk between portaloos and take photos". Classic!!

BC--That looks fun!

FOAR--Great to hear that HF is racing again. 2.54? He must have been using it as a training run!
  • Options

TB -TST and Management are travelling around Ireland this week so don't read too much into the lack of a response !

Clairster - Well done again especially as you weren't feeling too good.

• Options

GBM - join in!!!! i think it sounds ace.

My FLM cheque hasn't been cashed either.  Oh well!! I can handle a second rejection image

White Peak entry forms are out, might prepare for that instea, I believe its a good one?

• Options

Just had a Matthew massage - ouch is all I am going to say!

Kwaka - we're not doing derwentwater but will be around to eat Saturday night - there's the Ramblers Bar at the Inn on the Lake or the Travellers Rest so we can decide then. Didn't do Garburn but it's probably the same Wilf's.

• Options

GBM - have you found any pics of yourself? Can't see anyone I know except Andy Titley and a chap from Macc.

Is it me, or did the bloke who led for 21 miles have a very strange style?!

Kwaka - we'll be at the track tomorrow so don't forget the stuff - I'll definitely need it as you have to take jackets ect with you on the race.

• Options
    Minnie6--I wasn't on the telly and now i'm not on the photos! I'm sure i ran the race!!

You're right! That bloke who lead for the first 21 miles did have a style that all of us would find strange. It's called FAST!
  • Options
    Spotted Simon H on 7571, GBM and J8 and 7623, M6 on 7627, Isaac and El C on 7644, Nic Ham 7622, Mr S 7676, M6 7723

.... I got bored then !
  • Options

GBM-it's the camera lens.

MORE IMPORTANT-WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE XMAS MEAL AND THE PUB CRAWL.

• Options
    GBM - the camera never lies.
  • Options
    BC - WP is fab,  I am defo doing it again. Beats a city mara any day.
  • Options
    TB - keep forgetting - will look into it when I remember!
  • Options
    Snowdonia - marathon photos now on-line @ www.marathon-photos.com
  • Options

clairster - many congrats on your Dublin performance - you must be mad though - the idea of starting to suffer at 14 miles (was it?), knowing that you had 12 more miles to go, and sticking at it, is mind-boggling to me - mind you, I'm not a "marathon person" full stop image

oh, and re Wilmslow, there are too many other (nicer) HM's around the same date that I would rather do in 2008, but maybe 2009...? 

bikerchick - just to underline what clairster said - if you can't think of a very good reason NOT to do White Peak, get your form filled in

Kwaka - did you Garmin the ascent on Passing Clouds? It was advertised as 1800ft, but going off the map it looks less to me (more like 1550ft?) 

GBM - if you're gonna extend the race list to the end of May, I predict it will get very messy...
    (I'll be adding to it soon image)

• Options
    Good photos - M6 does not look a happy bunny on his!
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Great pics of ST with me running alongside on page 7. Run the slide show and theres a couple of me, shall we say emptying my nostrils.....lol Yourt mate Pete is on the same set GBM.
  • Options
    GBM - the camera never lies.
  • Options
    Daz - I've already filled the form in! but i'd most likely be going for the half, I really don't have the time to train for a marathon, although i'd love to do one again at some point.
  • Options

BC - Post the bloomin form then!
    if I do White Peak it will be the Half
    I need to find out the date of the Fairfield Horseshoe FR first though, as it might clash...

having threatened to vandalise the race list, I am surprised (nay, astonished) to find that I only have one definite to add atm, namely the Haweswater HalfMara...

just wait till the 2008 FRA calendar comes out though... image

Upcoming Races

If possible, please take Stockport 10 forms to all local-ish races! They can be obtained from the track and GBM.

Sat 03 Nov - Ullswater “Steamy Surprise” Trail - M&M6, Kwaka, ST, Bikerchick, ElC, Toto as part of the official Lakelands Trail 'race crew'
    Sun 09 Dec - Stockport 10 - Daz, Lady Slugge, Nexus, Bikerchick, GBM?, Jonah8?, clairster
    Sat 05 Jan - Derbyshire CC Championships - Isaac, Stockport Harriet, M&M6 ?, TST ?, WITGB ?, CC ? Anymore...
    Sun 20 Jan - Brass Monkey Half (JUDGEMENT DAY!!) - GBM, Eric, WITGB, CC, FOAR, JMC, Kwaka, ST, Funk, DL, Jonah8, Mr S, Mrs GBM, AM, Isaac, TST, Simon H, TB, clairster
    Sun 02 Mar - Haweswater Half - Daz
    Sun 30 Mar - Wilmslow Half - Kwaka
    Sun 13 Apr - FLM - Kwaka

• Options

Photos from Snowdon are quite good,the first one looks like I have 3 arms and the last two well.........

It's finished, the bathroom 3 months worth of hard work,now the hallway might complete that by Christmas!!!!

GBM Verity's interview next Wednesday 8 o'clock.

Upcoming Races

If possible, please take Stockport 10 forms to all local-ish races! They can be obtained from the track and GBM.

Sat 03 Nov - Ullswater “Steamy Surprise” Trail - M&M6, Kwaka, ST, Bikerchick, ElC, Toto as part of the official Lakelands Trail 'race crew'
    Sun 30 Mar - Wilmslow Half - Kwaka,Jonah8
    Sun 13 Apr - FLM - Kwaka,Jonah8

• Options

J8 - you just never stop.....

Upcoming Races

Sun 30 Mar - Wilmslow Half - Kwaka, Jonah8, Funk
    Sun 13 Apr - FLM - Kwaka,Jonah8

• Options

Daz - good grief, give me chance, I only filled it in today image